My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

User avatar
birdmann783
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:57 am

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby birdmann783 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:27 pm

write a reason why he messed up....if he cant get in....no problem...go to the highest u can get into then...kick ass first year then......transfer..i know motherfuckers that transfered from st.johns to stanford and cornell repectively...


it can be done....

User avatar
joeysun
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:41 am

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby joeysun » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:28 pm

lawschoolhelp wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:Won't lie, that score hurts his chances at T5, but I wouldn't say 0% for CLS, if that is his dream school. Of course on a retake he would need to score a lot higher than what he's practice averaging at.

You sound like an awesome girlfriend, and it worries me a bit (from a psychological point of view) that your boyfriend is having such a hard time adapting to his score, especially since he has no history of emotional collapses. Have things always gone great in his life? Maybe a set back is just what he needs from a mental/emotional health point of view. But eh, I'm talking out of my ass, and scores have only been out a few days so maybe he just needs to adjust.

Figure out what went wrong though. Have his practice tests been under real conditions? Because a 170ish pt avg and a 158 actual score is QUITE a drop (esp. if he felt good about the test). Find out what went wrong here first.

If he can score 170+ on his 3rd try, I think he could crack T14, so his future is hardly 'bleak.'

Best of luck to you and your bf! Oh and because you sound like you are probably a pretty amazing gf, as a side note, tell me if any of your ameliorating tactics/comments works on making him feel better. My gf is prone to more frequent, albeit smaller, bouts of confidence-breakers and as a man, I suck a lot at trying to cheer her up (I focus too much on what went wrong and how to fix it lol).

Tips appreciated!



In terms of academics, school has always come easy to him. I think he was valedictorian in his high school and did very well on his SAT's and in college. Emotionally, I know he has had some setbacks. His father walked away on his family when he seven years old, so he was raised by his mother and grandparents. I think that is why he said he joined the Big Brother program because he always wished he had positive male role model. Even though he did not have the best childhood, you would never know it by knowing him. He is incredibly funny and charismatic all the time. His family does not have much money to help him pay for law school (I even think he sends some money to his sister to support her in college), so he was pretty excited when he was nominated for this great scholarship. I think he is very unstable now because he always had this dream that would work hard and would attend Harvard, Yale or Columbia for law school. I think its still possible for him and even though this scholarship may not work out, he could still study for his LSATs more and still succeed.

In terms of helping him feel better, I am trying to put things in perspective. I am trying to tell him that its completely amazing that he has done so well so far and that it will be even more amazing that you could have persistence to try harder despite setbacks. I guess the best thing to tell your girlfriend is that things work out for a reason, and whatever does not kill you (not literally) just makes you stronger :)


I dealt with similar LSAT-related stress, and it was a large factor in my subsequent breakup with my then-girlfriend. The bottom-line is this: he will have to deal and cope with many stressful things in his life, this LSAT score being, probably, the least-impactful one of them. Yes, it sucks that he didn't perform to his true potential, and yes, I absolutely know the desolation he feels after preparing for so long and falling flat on the real thing. But it's important to not "lose the forest for the trees."

As someone said above, HE. WILL. BE. FINE. Let's say he decided NOT to retake the LSAT again. Even if he went to a strong regional school in whatever geographical location he'd like to live, judging from his accolades and his undergraduate record, he'd likely be a very successful law school student. And if that happens, his job prospects will likely be pretty damn good (provided the economy recovers in 3-4 years, when he'd be graduating). He'd have a good job, and life would be good. Maybe his route to becoming a Supreme Court Justice is slightly detoured, but let's be real here: what's the real goal? To make money, enough to be comfortable/wealthy and provide for your family? He can do that, easily, without having to attend a Top-10 school. Does that make things easier? Maybe. But it's not necessary for success.

If he does decide to retake, he's got a 50/50 shot at improving. I'd bet on those odds any day of the week. If he goes down that road, I'd recommend taking a little break/breather from the LSAT. Take a 4-day vacation somewhere. Clear his mind and relax a bit. Then get back into LSAT land.

If he retakes and does improve, he can write a nice little addendum about "overcoming adversity" and the like. Admissions people recognize that you can't guess your way to a 170+ score. If he gets a score like that, he'll be fine, even with a cancel and a 158.

Tell him to relax, breathe, and take inventory of what he wants. Have him write it down on paper. Likely, he can accomplish his list another way from what he originally planned, if needed. It also sounds like you're a great asset for him, in terms of support and whatnot. Make sure he realizes that, or it might affect the relationship, like it did mine.

This is long, but HTH, because I can totally relate.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Lmao Zedong » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:29 pm

birdmann783 wrote:write a reason why he messed up....if he cant get in....no problem...go to the highest u can get into then...kick ass first year then......transfer..i know motherfuckers that transfered from st.johns to stanford and cornell repectively...


it can be done....


i...know motherfuckers too man...

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Lmao Zedong » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:not last time i checked

edit: oh, i see my profile says otherwise. i dunno how that got up there, i should fix it


Oh, in that case, you can disregard all those saucy PM's I sent you. :oops:


empty inbox :(. i was really hoping to have the thrill of james dean talking dirty to me

lawschoolhelp
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby lawschoolhelp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:43 pm

joeysun wrote:
lawschoolhelp wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:Won't lie, that score hurts his chances at T5, but I wouldn't say 0% for CLS, if that is his dream school. Of course on a retake he would need to score a lot higher than what he's practice averaging at.

You sound like an awesome girlfriend, and it worries me a bit (from a psychological point of view) that your boyfriend is having such a hard time adapting to his score, especially since he has no history of emotional collapses. Have things always gone great in his life? Maybe a set back is just what he needs from a mental/emotional health point of view. But eh, I'm talking out of my ass, and scores have only been out a few days so maybe he just needs to adjust.

Figure out what went wrong though. Have his practice tests been under real conditions? Because a 170ish pt avg and a 158 actual score is QUITE a drop (esp. if he felt good about the test). Find out what went wrong here first.

If he can score 170+ on his 3rd try, I think he could crack T14, so his future is hardly 'bleak.'

Best of luck to you and your bf! Oh and because you sound like you are probably a pretty amazing gf, as a side note, tell me if any of your ameliorating tactics/comments works on making him feel better. My gf is prone to more frequent, albeit smaller, bouts of confidence-breakers and as a man, I suck a lot at trying to cheer her up (I focus too much on what went wrong and how to fix it lol).

Tips appreciated!



In terms of academics, school has always come easy to him. I think he was valedictorian in his high school and did very well on his SAT's and in college. Emotionally, I know he has had some setbacks. His father walked away on his family when he seven years old, so he was raised by his mother and grandparents. I think that is why he said he joined the Big Brother program because he always wished he had positive male role model. Even though he did not have the best childhood, you would never know it by knowing him. He is incredibly funny and charismatic all the time. His family does not have much money to help him pay for law school (I even think he sends some money to his sister to support her in college), so he was pretty excited when he was nominated for this great scholarship. I think he is very unstable now because he always had this dream that would work hard and would attend Harvard, Yale or Columbia for law school. I think its still possible for him and even though this scholarship may not work out, he could still study for his LSATs more and still succeed.

In terms of helping him feel better, I am trying to put things in perspective. I am trying to tell him that its completely amazing that he has done so well so far and that it will be even more amazing that you could have persistence to try harder despite setbacks. I guess the best thing to tell your girlfriend is that things work out for a reason, and whatever does not kill you (not literally) just makes you stronger :)


I dealt with similar LSAT-related stress, and it was a large factor in my subsequent breakup with my then-girlfriend. The bottom-line is this: he will have to deal and cope with many stressful things in his life, this LSAT score being, probably, the least-impactful one of them. Yes, it sucks that he didn't perform to his true potential, and yes, I absolutely know the desolation he feels after preparing for so long and falling flat on the real thing. But it's important to not "lose the forest for the trees."

As someone said above, HE. WILL. BE. FINE. Let's say he decided NOT to retake the LSAT again. Even if he went to a strong regional school in whatever geographical location he'd like to live, judging from his accolades and his undergraduate record, he'd likely be a very successful law school student. And if that happens, his job prospects will likely be pretty damn good (provided the economy recovers in 3-4 years, when he'd be graduating). He'd have a good job, and life would be good. Maybe his route to becoming a Supreme Court Justice is slightly detoured, but let's be real here: what's the real goal? To make money, enough to be comfortable/wealthy and provide for your family? He can do that, easily, without having to attend a Top-10 school. Does that make things easier? Maybe. But it's not necessary for success.

If he does decide to retake, he's got a 50/50 shot at improving. I'd bet on those odds any day of the week. If he goes down that road, I'd recommend taking a little break/breather from the LSAT. Take a 4-day vacation somewhere. Clear his mind and relax a bit. Then get back into LSAT land.

If he retakes and does improve, he can write a nice little addendum about "overcoming adversity" and the like. Admissions people recognize that you can't guess your way to a 170+ score. If he gets a score like that, he'll be fine, even with a cancel and a 158.

Tell him to relax, breathe, and take inventory of what he wants. Have him write it down on paper. Likely, he can accomplish his list another way from what he originally planned, if needed. It also sounds like you're a great asset for him, in terms of support and whatnot. Make sure he realizes that, or it might affect the relationship, like it did mine.

This is long, but HTH, because I can totally relate.



Thanks, this is great advice. After he goes back to work tomorrow, he may be a little more balanced. If he continues to be upset, I am certainly going to have the conversation about what he wants. I know that he really wanted to go to one of the top 10 law schools, but its really not the end of the world if that does not happen. I think he should take his lsat again next year, if he is ready, and just try his best. If the next time does not work out, then he will go to a good law school and still excel. I do not want this to affect our relationship, and I think if he becomes more balanced, he will be fine. Thanks for the insight. I really appreciate it :)

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby billyez » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:47 pm

I just got my score back. This was my third time taking the test - I got the same score I got the second time I took the test, a 157. I've been studying this test for a year. I told my parents and my friends that I got a 160. As a matter of fact, my Dad's right next to me righ tnow on the computer. He's been talking about my score and about my "reach" schools and I have to deal with the fact that I'm not going to tell him the truth.

So, what I guess I'm trying to say is that I understand how your boyfriend feels. But if he wants to be a lawyer then this isn't going to deter him. Law school is not the LSAT. No matter where I go to law school, I'm going to rock it. I'm going to snag a Public Defender job, and I'm going to do what I need to do. That's my resolve. If you boyfriend wants this, nothing will stop him.

Things are over for me - I'm going to take the LSAT again, a fourth time due to a waiver from a school. No matter what, I can't go to a top law school, no matter what I score this time. I didn't score my average and I know I can do better. But even if I don't score it, it's not going to stop me from applying this year and starting law school. This test doesn't define me and it shouldn't define anyone. Does he want to go to Harvard, Columbia, etc, or does he want to be a lawyer? You don't need to go there to be good at what you do.

User avatar
mtyrikos
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby mtyrikos » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Related note to above: The user "dachillchick" was accepted into Columbia with a 160/3.7 gpa.

LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby LSHPFL10 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:56 pm

There has been a lot of good advice so far in this thread, so I'm not really sure what more I have to add, but there's always this to consider as well...

First and foremost, I am well aware that no one should attend a law school with the idea that they are going to do "super well because they did good in undergrad" and then transfer to the dream school that they couldn't get into because of the LSAT. HOWEVER, it is also important to keep in mind that transferring is a viable option, and that he can still attend a school he would like to if he devotes himself to the differences and nuances that law school represents relative to undergraduate education, if he applies himself constructively both in and out of the classroom, and if he performs well enough on exams to come out on top.

Some people simply aren't good standardized test takers. I'm well aware of the effects of both pre- and post-test anxiety. However, like a previous poster said, the LSAT (while of course important) is not law school. Nor is it some end-all be-all determinant of general intelligence. Performance on the LSAT and performance in law school are not equivalent, as there are a variety of other factors that play into determining both.

Continue to support him. Remind him of how lucky he is to have a rock to lean on like you. And, most importantly, make sure he knows that he has options.

Best of luck to both of you.

User avatar
Geat27
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Geat27 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:00 pm

This may sound heartless, but it's meant to be good advice. Life is long, and real talent and passion always shine through in the long run. Maybe he can't go to a famous or prestigious law school, he can still go to a great law school with smart professors and at least several interesting peers to learn from. In such an environment, he'll stand out more as the smart and motivated person that he is. He'll probably get more time with professors, more opportunities to be a leader and mentor to his peers on campus, more opportunities in the surrounding community, and quite possibly, a better education. If the most prestigious firms won't hire him because he didn't attend a certain set of schools, he can still get hired by a good firm where he can rise faster, encounter more interesting work quicker, and in a few years have a better career than if he started at a huge, top firm. What school you get into matters very little: your abilities, motivation and interest matter a lot more. So there's nothing to worry about. It may all be for the best.

bchereicome
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby bchereicome » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:11 pm

my boyfriend = you. girlfriend = doesn't exist.

You can just ask for advice for yourself. Don't make up another "my friend/girlfriend/significant other story. No one's gonna judge you if you didn't do well.

User avatar
solotee
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby solotee » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:14 pm

billyez wrote:I just got my score back. This was my third time taking the test - I got the same score I got the second time I took the test, a 157. I've been studying this test for a year. I told my parents and my friends that I got a 160. As a matter of fact, my Dad's right next to me righ tnow on the computer. He's been talking about my score and about my "reach" schools and I have to deal with the fact that I'm not going to tell him the truth.

So, what I guess I'm trying to say is that I understand how your boyfriend feels. But if he wants to be a lawyer then this isn't going to deter him. Law school is not the LSAT. No matter where I go to law school, I'm going to rock it. I'm going to snag a Public Defender job, and I'm going to do what I need to do. That's my resolve. If you boyfriend wants this, nothing will stop him.

Things are over for me - I'm going to take the LSAT again, a fourth time due to a waiver from a school. No matter what, I can't go to a top law school, no matter what I score this time. I didn't score my average and I know I can do better. But even if I don't score it, it's not going to stop me from applying this year and starting law school. This test doesn't define me and it shouldn't define anyone. Does he want to go to Harvard, Columbia, etc, or does he want to be a lawyer? You don't need to go there to be good at what you do.


You didn't tell them the real score? Umm...that's going to lead to an awkward situation when he asks to see it.

User avatar
laidoffjournalist
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby laidoffjournalist » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:19 pm

He should really just retake in December. Test day pressure messed a lot of people up this time around. He obviously knows the material. For December, he should focus on test day preparations to relax and feel at his mental peak. I mean, look at it this way, with a 158 score, he doesn't have much to lose by taking in December. It can only help.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Notor » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:20 pm

Tell him to stop despairing, it helps no one and collapsing on the floor crying is just about the lamest, softest thing i've heard in awhile. If he wants a better score, than just keep working at it and don't freak out when you are taking the real thing. I cancelled my June score because I freaked out after the dinos, and I had -15 on the first 2 sections of the Sept test because I was too hyped up. After the break I calmed down and went -4 over the final two sections for a 164. If you are doing well on PTs you can do well on the real thing, its just a question of nerves.

lawschoolhelp
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby lawschoolhelp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:22 pm

I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's advice and how to approach this situation. I truly appreciate everyone who responded with insightful comments and shared their personal stories. I am not even applying to law school but I think I may develop an addiction to these forums :)

User avatar
WhiskeyGuy
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:23 pm

It is amazing how many internet tough guys come out late at night.

Original poster: the reality is that his ability to excel professionally will be somewhat handicapped by attending a less prestigious school. The reality is also that folks are able to excel professionally even though they didn't attend a prestigious institution. Where one goes to law school is one of many factors.

User avatar
Fevsi
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Fevsi » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:51 pm

This is a very moving story, and I completely second everything that has been said so far, with emphasis of analysis of what went wrong and retaking. Notice that not a single school gives a direct answer about whether they average the scores. That means they simply don't, but try to look better talking about "holistic" approach. So while a low score might not look good on the record, they understand that this is just a 4 hour test with huge stakes, and that it can go very wrong because of emotions, unexpected circumstances that morning etc. If he can figure out why it happened and get rid of this hindrance, and get a 170+, a short addendum about nerves will erase the first score as meaningless and unrepresentative. The whole big deal about retaking comes from the days when schools reported the average scores, and this myth of a "once-in-a-lifetime" exam somehow acquired its own life now.

On a different note, make it clear that this is NOT an intelligence test. This is just a standardized thing that some people do well on, and some people simply have an allergy to, regardless of their actual capacity to think and solve problems. The high performance in school is a much more reliable indicator of his performance later on. To get a grasp on how well he can actually perform on LSAT in the future, one LR question is enough for him:

One guy is charismatic, always did great at school and has a dream girlfriend, a prestigious job and volunteers for his community. He gets a low score on an important test.

What can be safely inferred from the above?

a) the guy is a failure
b) his girlfriend should leave him
c) no one will ever talk to him any more
d) he is depression bound for the rest of his life
e) the test does not accurately represent the range of this person's abilities

Notice how d) is the seductive choice.

I hope this helps!

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby billyez » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:52 pm

solotee wrote:
billyez wrote:I just got my score back. This was my third time taking the test - I got the same score I got the second time I took the test, a 157. I've been studying this test for a year. I told my parents and my friends that I got a 160. As a matter of fact, my Dad's right next to me righ tnow on the computer. He's been talking about my score and about my "reach" schools and I have to deal with the fact that I'm not going to tell him the truth.

So, what I guess I'm trying to say is that I understand how your boyfriend feels. But if he wants to be a lawyer then this isn't going to deter him. Law school is not the LSAT. No matter where I go to law school, I'm going to rock it. I'm going to snag a Public Defender job, and I'm going to do what I need to do. That's my resolve. If you boyfriend wants this, nothing will stop him.

Things are over for me - I'm going to take the LSAT again, a fourth time due to a waiver from a school. No matter what, I can't go to a top law school, no matter what I score this time. I didn't score my average and I know I can do better. But even if I don't score it, it's not going to stop me from applying this year and starting law school. This test doesn't define me and it shouldn't define anyone. Does he want to go to Harvard, Columbia, etc, or does he want to be a lawyer? You don't need to go there to be good at what you do.


You didn't tell them the real score? Umm...that's going to lead to an awkward situation when he asks to see it.


This topic isn't about me, but I'll go ahead and say that this won't be an issue. My parents trust me completely. If I tell them that's what I received, they'll take me at my word - they always take me at my word. I'm not proud of doing it and I realize it's a sign of cowardice. When I take it the fourth time they won't know and hopefully I score high enough to turn that lie into a truth.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby tamlyric » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:06 am

billyez wrote:
solotee wrote:
billyez wrote:I just got my score back. This was my third time taking the test - I got the same score I got the second time I took the test, a 157. I've been studying this test for a year. I told my parents and my friends that I got a 160. As a matter of fact, my Dad's right next to me righ tnow on the computer. He's been talking about my score and about my "reach" schools and I have to deal with the fact that I'm not going to tell him the truth.

So, what I guess I'm trying to say is that I understand how your boyfriend feels. But if he wants to be a lawyer then this isn't going to deter him. Law school is not the LSAT. No matter where I go to law school, I'm going to rock it. I'm going to snag a Public Defender job, and I'm going to do what I need to do. That's my resolve. If you boyfriend wants this, nothing will stop him.

Things are over for me - I'm going to take the LSAT again, a fourth time due to a waiver from a school. No matter what, I can't go to a top law school, no matter what I score this time. I didn't score my average and I know I can do better. But even if I don't score it, it's not going to stop me from applying this year and starting law school. This test doesn't define me and it shouldn't define anyone. Does he want to go to Harvard, Columbia, etc, or does he want to be a lawyer? You don't need to go there to be good at what you do.


You didn't tell them the real score? Umm...that's going to lead to an awkward situation when he asks to see it.


This topic isn't about me, but I'll go ahead and say that this won't be an issue. My parents trust me completely. If I tell them that's what I received, they'll take me at my word - they always take me at my word. I'm not proud of doing it and I realize it's a sign of cowardice. When I take it the fourth time they won't know and hopefully I score high enough to turn that lie into a truth.


I would advise you to reconsider telling your parents the truth. Things didn't go as well as you'd hoped; you're very disappointed; but you're resilient. I say this from the standpoint of prudence, not moral judgment. Whatever happens, though, I hope things go well for you, billyez.

User avatar
Joan Manuel Serrat
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Joan Manuel Serrat » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:44 am

lawschoolhelp wrote: In terms of helping him feel better, I am trying to put things in perspective. I am trying to tell him that its completely amazing that he has done so well so far and that it will be even more amazing that you could have persistence to try harder despite setbacks. I guess the best thing to tell your girlfriend is that things work out for a reason, and whatever does not kill you (not literally) just makes you stronger :)


lawschoolhelper,

You have wrong strategy here. You cannot make your men feel better about himself if you tell him platitude like "you are completely amazing" and "you do so well so far." To make thing worse, you say you tell him it would be even more (even more! EVEN MORE!) amazing if he could "have persistence to try harder despite setbacks"? Well, ok, that is cute and cuddle and Barney the Bear type of thing and everything, but that words will not help a forlorn penis grow three inches! It will not! No! Well I get ahead of myself there sometimes. I am sorry. You see I mean to say you need the help of a simple metaphor. Ask yourself a question: Does Mr. 158's carnal sausage warm the passage to your coital cottage? Or is his man-pepino like that of a china bambino? In other word, does his King Tut hail from Lilliput? This question will guide you very very farther because if you succeed in equate his 158 to a small endowment and treat matter as such, you will be able to handle situation appropriate.

You know, it seem to me like he is the type with a Peel P50 pee-pee who like to hug on to bed post and cry for hours after a session of ding-a-ling usage because it is too emotional a exercise. This is very bad problem, but luckily we using this eloquence of sexual metaphor i have develop above further: if your man has very small chorizo and he cannot satisfy but the snatch of a cabbage patch, you need to tell him so! You cannot (CANNOT!) go around say to him that he is "amazing" in bed and he will be "more amazing if he could have persistence to try harder despite his 'setback'" No, Miss! No! This will not get you the satisfaction you deserve! Lies do no build a satisfaction living! Yes, because no matter how hard he try, no matter how fast and vigorous he go, no matter how much thrust he gives it, no Gran Corona will ever look at his Rothschild without feeling disdain, pity, and the slightest hint of hilarity. The only solution: acceptance. Accept that a Sarkozy will never be a Churchill. That a Fokker will never be a MIG. That a Sting will never be a Ron Jeremy. That a Jude Law is no John Holmes. Yes yes, each has it very very good attributes, but impressive phallus endowment is not one of them. Similarly, sure your Friable-Fairy Phil was valedictorian of high school class, your Gucci-Coochie Carl was renown scholar of college, your Wimpy-Wanking Willy was successful LSAT preptest taker, but YHSCCN material he is not! Not this moment! Not with that attitude! Accept this. Tell him truths. Call him out. Tell him to be a MAN. Make him feel like that little tulip-smelling, Dora the Explorer-caressing hoyden he acts like and this will give him the motivation that he need to make himself into man he need to become to be raging successess. Or maybe it will lead him to further emasculation and pitiful onanism and maybe even some pederasty and klismaphilia on the side. Either way, there is not good use in telling him his little Trey Wingo is a mighty Mandingo.

I hope this post will help you very much. I come here to help people like you go on to very great good things.Thank you for post and please take time to read my advice. Good luck to you and to your nipper.
Last edited by Joan Manuel Serrat on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Cupidity » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:45 am

He has you. Sounds like he is a lucky man--to have someone caring enough to do something like this.

User avatar
Foch
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Foch » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:50 am

If ever I need relationship advice, Joan Manuel Serrat is now officially the first person to whom I will turn.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:52 am

Foch wrote:If ever I need relationship advice, Joan Manuel Serrat is now officially the first person to whom I will turn.


hahaha Foch have u seen his earlier posts? JMS has been gone for a long time tho, wonder why hes suddenly back again...

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:55 am

SolarWind wrote:
Foch wrote:If ever I need relationship advice, Joan Manuel Serrat is now officially the first person to whom I will turn.


hahaha Foch have u seen his earlier posts? JMS has been gone for a long time tho, wonder why hes suddenly back again...


Yup. I kinda missed him. Ah, good times.

User avatar
Foch
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby Foch » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:57 am

SolarWind wrote:
Foch wrote:If ever I need relationship advice, Joan Manuel Serrat is now officially the first person to whom I will turn.

hahaha Foch have u seen his earlier posts? JMS has been gone for a long time tho, wonder why hes suddenly back again...

Yeah, I gathered that his awesome predates any awesome of mine, but I haven't been back to check it out. What a stud, though.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: My boyfriend is completely depressed bc of LSAT, help

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:01 am

Foch wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
Foch wrote:If ever I need relationship advice, Joan Manuel Serrat is now officially the first person to whom I will turn.

hahaha Foch have u seen his earlier posts? JMS has been gone for a long time tho, wonder why hes suddenly back again...

Yeah, I gathered that his awesome predates any awesome of mine, but I haven't been back to check it out. What a stud, though.


Do a search for Dean Pless. He's all over that thread. It's HILARIOUS.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest