Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

glacierfrost
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby glacierfrost » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:52 pm

I fail to understand why anyone would want to post a fake release of LSAT scores nor why anyone would care about being the first to post it.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby existenz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:50 am

On Mac, the best way to get a shot of your current browser image (or PDF) is the following:

To take picture of a specific window/object --> Cmd-Shift-4, then press Spacebar, then Click on the window/object

This will save it as a PNG file to your desktop. Convert it to jpg, blur out any personal info, then get it onto the net somehow (Flickr, Photobucket, etc.)

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:12 pm

..

User avatar
bstrunk
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby bstrunk » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:24 am

Any bans/threads deleted yet?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:27 am

..

User avatar
fastforward
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby fastforward » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Some little diversions to enjoy while waiting:

Microsoft has a nifty little utility called the Snipping Tool that is faster to use than Print Screen/Copy into Paint. It lets you drag around what you want to capture, so you don't have to edit in Paint. And it saves it as a jpeg file, ready to upload. Hit Start/Search/Snipping Tool, and it will ask you if you want to add it to your toolbar.

Also, ImageShack has an uploading utility you can download and have ready to use.

Using these two would allow you to get the whole thing done in seconds.

Best wishes to all . . . . .

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:42 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
Also, curve is apparently -11.


Source?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby sibley » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

fastforward wrote:Some little diversions to enjoy while waiting:

Microsoft has a nifty little utility called the Snipping Tool that is faster to use than Print Screen/Copy into Paint. It lets you drag around what you want to capture, so you don't have to edit in Paint. And it saves it as a jpeg file, ready to upload. Hit Start/Search/Snipping Tool, and it will ask you if you want to add it to your toolbar.

Also, ImageShack has an uploading utility you can download and have ready to use.

Using these two would allow you to get the whole thing done in seconds.

Best wishes to all . . . . .


I like you. Those were a very productive few sentences... and I didn't know about snipping tool. How do I do the equivalent on a mac? At work I use hyper-snap dx which does the same thing. I wonder if kodak knows they're wasting their money.

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby slax » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:45 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
Also, curve is apparently -11.


Source?



Check the date of the post. Oct 2009.

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:47 pm

slax wrote:
NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
Also, curve is apparently -11.


Source?



Check the date of the post. Oct 2009.


Clearly I excel at RC.

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby capitalacq » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 pm

sibley wrote:
fastforward wrote:Some little diversions to enjoy while waiting:

Microsoft has a nifty little utility called the Snipping Tool that is faster to use than Print Screen/Copy into Paint. It lets you drag around what you want to capture, so you don't have to edit in Paint. And it saves it as a jpeg file, ready to upload. Hit Start/Search/Snipping Tool, and it will ask you if you want to add it to your toolbar.

Also, ImageShack has an uploading utility you can download and have ready to use.

Using these two would allow you to get the whole thing done in seconds.

Best wishes to all . . . . .


I like you. Those were a very productive few sentences... and I didn't know about snipping tool. How do I do the equivalent on a mac? At work I use hyper-snap dx which does the same thing. I wonder if kodak knows they're wasting their money.


applications->utilities-> Grab

MikeDicta
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby MikeDicta » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Even if I'm on it and get my score the second it's released, all the screenshots and uploading has me content to be at least second on the release thread.

jswilson27
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:04 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby jswilson27 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 am

everytime i get an email my stomach drops.

that is all.

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby doyleoil » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 am

i love the "mods" - they crack my ass up

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:41 am

..

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby JazzOne » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 am

The fake score release threads are the best thing about TLS.

JurisDoctorate
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:22 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby JurisDoctorate » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:45 pm

A fake -8 would have a few running for the razors, others to the Ben and Jerry's, most to the bottle and me to my shame shower :(

It'd be pretty funny, though.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby JazzOne » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 pm

JurisDoctorate wrote:A fake -8 would have a few running for the razors, others to the Ben and Jerry's, most to the bottle and me to my shame shower :(

It'd be pretty funny, though.

+1

I like your style.

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby masterthearts » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:02 pm

I think those who post fake scores should also be disbarred..even before they are barred.
Why should dishonest people be allowed to go to law school?
Sorry if I am spoiling your fun, but it's the truth!

mala2
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 am

Re: How to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby mala2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:50 am

NayBoer wrote:Way too lazy to do all that. I'll let somebody with a burning need to be first handle it and then free ride on his unctuous enterprise.


haha me too, I think I'll need to wash my hair after I find out my score

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby paratactical » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:45 am

masterthearts wrote:I think those who post fake scores should also be disbarred..even before they are barred.
Why should dishonest people be allowed to go to law school?
Sorry if I am spoiling your fun, but it's the truth!

Image

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby BlakcMajikc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

I like you. Those were a very productive few sentences... and I didn't know about snipping tool. How do I do the equivalent on a mac? At work I use hyper-snap dx which does the same thing. I wonder if kodak knows they're wasting their money.


Take a picture of the whole screen

⌘-Shift-3

Take a picture of part of the screen

⌘-Shift-4, then drag to select the area you want in the picture.

To cancel, press Escape.

bigben
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby bigben » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 pm

JazzOne wrote:The fake score release threads are the best thing about TLS.

Yup, by far.

bigben
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby bigben » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 pm

glacierfrost wrote:I fail to understand why anyone would want to post a fake release of LSAT scores nor why anyone would care about being the first to post it.

shmoo597
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:31 pm

Re: Ban warning & how to annouce the release of LSAT scores

Postby shmoo597 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 pm

wow I had no idea TLS had become a place of such extreme lsat score nazism. why not just let people post? free discussion? these rules and procedures and banning and constant policing are insane.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests