LSAT Proctor Watch Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Juras

New

LSAT Proctor Watch

Post by Juras » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:22 pm

How long does it usually take for lsat proctor to get more supplies of their watch? It seems like it's been a long time now that they haven't had it in stock.

Gaius

New

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Post by Gaius » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Juras wrote:How long does it usually take for lsat proctor to get more supplies of their watch? It seems like it's been a long time now that they haven't had it in stock.
Go to walmart or other similarly shitty department store, and buy a watch that has a built in chronograph. Rotating a bezel is TTT. With a chronograph you'll know when time is up, down to the second.

Juras

New

Post by Juras » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Can someone tell me what "TTT" stands for?

spagnola8

New

Post by spagnola8 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Gaius wrote:
Juras wrote:How long does it usually take for lsat proctor to get more supplies of their watch? It seems like it's been a long time now that they haven't had it in stock.
Go to walmart or other similarly shitty department store, and buy a watch that has a built in chronograph. Rotating a bezel is TTT. With a chronograph you'll know when time is up, down to the second.
I checked walmart and target, and I actually had a hard time finding a watch with a chronograph. I eneded getting a little batman watch for 10 bucks that didnt have any bezel. It worked fine for me, but I dont recommend this for people with timing issues.

spagnola8

New

Post by spagnola8 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:08 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Ive always found it amusing that telling time becomes a problem for the lsat.. such smart kids on here too...

Gaius

New

Post by Gaius » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:55 pm

spagnola8 wrote:
Gaius wrote:
I checked walmart and target, and I actually had a hard time finding a watch with a chronograph. I eneded getting a little batman watch for 10 bucks that didnt have any bezel. It worked fine for me, but I dont recommend this for people with timing issues.
I used Amazon.com because I'm an internet nerd. Amazon was great. I wanted a chronograph with a second hand, but with leather bands to avoid getting air hair in metal band. And I found one for 30 bucks. It was great.

DannyBoy_07

New

Post by DannyBoy_07 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:05 pm

can someone post a pic of the type of watch we're talking about here. i have been using a silent timer forever, just to get the timing down, but i need to pick up a watch soon.

what is the best watch that everyone seems to know about except good ol' dannyboy?

sflawgirl

New

Post by sflawgirl » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:11 am

LSAT proctor's watches go in and out of stock. What I did was give them my email to alert me when the watches became available, and in about a week I was notified they were back in stock. I placed my order and got the watch in less than a week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

forza

Gold

Post by forza » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:14 am

Mall_cop$ wrote:Admittedly, this was (one) of my biggest issue. You can time yourself all you want during PTs, but it's not the same with your TAG Heuer. Those seconds, for me, made a HUGE difference. Knowing you have 45 seconds left helps make certain decisions.
Oh, I see what you did there.

bouakedojo

Bronze

Post by bouakedojo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 am

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reihsu

New

Post by reihsu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm

i bought a fancy casio analog watch with stopwatch function at Walmart for around 60 bucks for the LSAT the day before my test date. it worked perfectly n with knowing exactly how many minutes/seconds left, i found myself a little bit calmer during the test

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:42 pm

reihsu wrote:i bought a fancy casio analog watch with stopwatch function at Walmart for around 60 bucks for the LSAT the day before my test date. it worked perfectly n with knowing exactly how many minutes/seconds left, i found myself a little bit calmer during the test
I spent $40 bucks for a Casio that has a chronograph. $40 is cheap to ensure that you know, to the second, how much time is left. Plus, it is now an exercising/outdoor work watch!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LSATEr1

New

Post by LSATEr1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Is a watch with chronograph permitted to use by the actual LSAT?

whats the advantage of the Lsat proctor watch?

demurrer

New

Post by demurrer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm

There is no need to have a rotating bezel. Simply set an analog watch to 12:00 and start it when time starts. Reset it for each section.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:43 pm

demurrer wrote:There is no need to have a rotating bezel. Simply set an analog watch to 12:00 and start it when time starts. Reset it for each section.
Some people have indicated that the 15 or so seconds you have between sections can sometimes be inadequate to reset those watches, grab your new pencils, clear mind, etc. Being able to reset the stopwatch with the push of a button makes for one less potential cause for concern.

monkeymm

New

Post by monkeymm » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 pm

reihsu wrote:i bought a fancy casio analog watch with stopwatch function at Walmart for around 60 bucks for the LSAT the day before my test date. it worked perfectly n with knowing exactly how many minutes/seconds left, i found myself a little bit calmer during the test
can we use Ana-Digi Dual Time Watch at a test?

lawandi

Bronze

Post by lawandi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:23 pm

I'd just like to share my LSAT Proctor watch Simugator.com experience. Their product is horrible:
1. the bezel only spins one way (which is somewhat normal) but...
2. the bezel is impossible to turn quickly or easily (think in between LSAT sections)
3. their product is cheap looking and feeling. It seems that they have priced an 8 dollar watch for much more just to take advantage of stressed out LSAT students
4. their customer service is awful. A sales person said the following in an email to me when I was trying to return a NEW watch that I had only tried on, after I had alerted him of my rights to post about their company on TLS or BBB:
"It is also worth noting that our Terms of Purchase, which you agreed to before purchasing the watch, expressly state that we do not accept damaged or used merchandise. As you will learn in law school, you have a duty to read all contracts that you enter into—your disagreement with our return policy does not make it invalid. Also, the accusation of unconscionability, legally, is outright unfounded.
I understand that this may be a stressful time in preparation for the exam; however, I would like to caution that threats of blackmail or extortion are never a good choice, especially for a prospective law student."

Even though they eventually let me return it: Avoid at all costs.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”