LSAT Proctor Watch

Juras
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 am

LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby Juras » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:22 pm

How long does it usually take for lsat proctor to get more supplies of their watch? It seems like it's been a long time now that they haven't had it in stock.

User avatar
Gaius
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby Gaius » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Juras wrote:How long does it usually take for lsat proctor to get more supplies of their watch? It seems like it's been a long time now that they haven't had it in stock.


Go to walmart or other similarly shitty department store, and buy a watch that has a built in chronograph. Rotating a bezel is TTT. With a chronograph you'll know when time is up, down to the second.

Juras
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 am

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby Juras » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Can someone tell me what "TTT" stands for?

User avatar
spagnola8
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby spagnola8 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Gaius wrote:
Juras wrote:How long does it usually take for lsat proctor to get more supplies of their watch? It seems like it's been a long time now that they haven't had it in stock.


Go to walmart or other similarly shitty department store, and buy a watch that has a built in chronograph. Rotating a bezel is TTT. With a chronograph you'll know when time is up, down to the second.


I checked walmart and target, and I actually had a hard time finding a watch with a chronograph. I eneded getting a little batman watch for 10 bucks that didnt have any bezel. It worked fine for me, but I dont recommend this for people with timing issues.

User avatar
spagnola8
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby spagnola8 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:08 pm

Juras wrote:Can someone tell me what "TTT" stands for?


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=top+law+schools+TTT

or

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18478

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Ive always found it amusing that telling time becomes a problem for the lsat.. such smart kids on here too...

User avatar
Gaius
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby Gaius » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:55 pm

spagnola8 wrote:
Gaius wrote:
Juras wrote:How long does it usually take for lsat proctor to get more supplies of their watch? It seems like it's been a long time now that they haven't had it in stock.


Go to walmart or other similarly shitty department store, and buy a watch that has a built in chronograph. Rotating a bezel is TTT. With a chronograph you'll know when time is up, down to the second.


I checked walmart and target, and I actually had a hard time finding a watch with a chronograph. I eneded getting a little batman watch for 10 bucks that didnt have any bezel. It worked fine for me, but I dont recommend this for people with timing issues.


I used Amazon.com because I'm an internet nerd. Amazon was great. I wanted a chronograph with a second hand, but with leather bands to avoid getting air hair in metal band. And I found one for 30 bucks. It was great.

User avatar
DannyBoy_07
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby DannyBoy_07 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:05 pm

can someone post a pic of the type of watch we're talking about here. i have been using a silent timer forever, just to get the timing down, but i need to pick up a watch soon.

what is the best watch that everyone seems to know about except good ol' dannyboy?

sflawgirl
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby sflawgirl » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:11 am

Juras wrote:How long does it usually take for lsat proctor to get more supplies of their watch? It seems like it's been a long time now that they haven't had it in stock.


LSAT proctor's watches go in and out of stock. What I did was give them my email to alert me when the watches became available, and in about a week I was notified they were back in stock. I placed my order and got the watch in less than a week.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2778
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby forza » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:14 am

Mall_cop$ wrote:Admittedly, this was (one) of my biggest issue. You can time yourself all you want during PTs, but it's not the same with your TAG Heuer. Those seconds, for me, made a HUGE difference. Knowing you have 45 seconds left helps make certain decisions.


Oh, I see what you did there.

User avatar
bouakedojo
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby bouakedojo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 am

.
Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reihsu
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby reihsu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm

i bought a fancy casio analog watch with stopwatch function at Walmart for around 60 bucks for the LSAT the day before my test date. it worked perfectly n with knowing exactly how many minutes/seconds left, i found myself a little bit calmer during the test

User avatar
WhiskeyGuy
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:42 pm

reihsu wrote:i bought a fancy casio analog watch with stopwatch function at Walmart for around 60 bucks for the LSAT the day before my test date. it worked perfectly n with knowing exactly how many minutes/seconds left, i found myself a little bit calmer during the test


I spent $40 bucks for a Casio that has a chronograph. $40 is cheap to ensure that you know, to the second, how much time is left. Plus, it is now an exercising/outdoor work watch!

LSATEr1
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby LSATEr1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Is a watch with chronograph permitted to use by the actual LSAT?

whats the advantage of the Lsat proctor watch?

demurrer
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby demurrer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm

There is no need to have a rotating bezel. Simply set an analog watch to 12:00 and start it when time starts. Reset it for each section.

User avatar
WhiskeyGuy
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:43 pm

demurrer wrote:There is no need to have a rotating bezel. Simply set an analog watch to 12:00 and start it when time starts. Reset it for each section.


Some people have indicated that the 15 or so seconds you have between sections can sometimes be inadequate to reset those watches, grab your new pencils, clear mind, etc. Being able to reset the stopwatch with the push of a button makes for one less potential cause for concern.

monkeymm
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 am

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby monkeymm » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 pm

reihsu wrote:i bought a fancy casio analog watch with stopwatch function at Walmart for around 60 bucks for the LSAT the day before my test date. it worked perfectly n with knowing exactly how many minutes/seconds left, i found myself a little bit calmer during the test


can we use Ana-Digi Dual Time Watch at a test?

User avatar
lawandi
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: LSAT Proctor Watch

Postby lawandi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:23 pm

I'd just like to share my LSAT Proctor watch Simugator.com experience. Their product is horrible:
1. the bezel only spins one way (which is somewhat normal) but...
2. the bezel is impossible to turn quickly or easily (think in between LSAT sections)
3. their product is cheap looking and feeling. It seems that they have priced an 8 dollar watch for much more just to take advantage of stressed out LSAT students
4. their customer service is awful. A sales person said the following in an email to me when I was trying to return a NEW watch that I had only tried on, after I had alerted him of my rights to post about their company on TLS or BBB:
"It is also worth noting that our Terms of Purchase, which you agreed to before purchasing the watch, expressly state that we do not accept damaged or used merchandise. As you will learn in law school, you have a duty to read all contracts that you enter into—your disagreement with our return policy does not make it invalid. Also, the accusation of unconscionability, legally, is outright unfounded.
I understand that this may be a stressful time in preparation for the exam; however, I would like to caution that threats of blackmail or extortion are never a good choice, especially for a prospective law student."


Even though they eventually let me return it: Avoid at all costs.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, dontsaywhatyoumean, Instrumental, jen203, Lahtso Nuggin, Macallan and 14 guests