February 2010 LSAT - 50 days and counting.

Apple Tree
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby Apple Tree » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:15 pm

redsox wrote:Has anyone else not started studying yet? I'm going to start mid-December, when my winter break begins.


I'm gonna start early december, or maybe a little later. I'm a retaker so I don't wanna burn out before the test date comes.

Apple Tree
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby Apple Tree » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Any retaker here??

User avatar
DMV Messiah
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby DMV Messiah » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:54 pm

angiej wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:
DMV Messiah wrote:Longtime lurker, first time poster here!

I am gearing up to take the LSAT in Feb assuming I get my scores where I need to. I'm prep testing in the low to mid 160s (untimed), and am aiming for 170+. If I can't get there by February I may just skip it and take the test in June. It is hard to make time to study with a new girlfriend + a full time job, but I am managing.

Oh, and I bought all of the bibles and the preptest books from LSAC.




break up with her and quit. you'll thank me later.

I'm quitting my job not only to study for the lsat but because I have to in order to take my last few classes which meet only during the day.


I wish I could do that and still make life work. Prep classes are basically out of the question as well, since I make pathetic money and work ridiculous hours to do so. :cry:

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:09 pm

DMV Messiah wrote:
angiej wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:
DMV Messiah wrote:Longtime lurker, first time poster here!

I am gearing up to take the LSAT in Feb assuming I get my scores where I need to. I'm prep testing in the low to mid 160s (untimed), and am aiming for 170+. If I can't get there by February I may just skip it and take the test in June. It is hard to make time to study with a new girlfriend + a full time job, but I am managing.

Oh, and I bought all of the bibles and the preptest books from LSAC.




break up with her and quit. you'll thank me later.

I'm quitting my job not only to study for the lsat but because I have to in order to take my last few classes which meet only during the day.


I wish I could do that and still make life work. Prep classes are basically out of the question as well, since I make pathetic money and work ridiculous hours to do so. :cry:

Don't get me wrong - I'm pretty much insane. I have a lot of financial responsibilities and my husband is collecting unemployment. So ill be living off school loans next year.

User avatar
DMV Messiah
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby DMV Messiah » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:48 am

Well, best of luck to you :)

This does seem like the most important test most of us will take in our lives. It's good that you're treating it as such.

SomethingCorprt
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:47 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby SomethingCorprt » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:40 am

laidoffjournalist wrote:I am assuming no one in this thread is trying to use the February LSAT for the 2010 admission cycle? I have questions about that: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95416



I am taking the Feb LSAT for the 2010 cycle. It'll be my first LSAT and I've been studying for about a month now. I have yet to take a PT I don't know if it's out of fear or what. Message me if you want we can talk about it =0)

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:53 am

DMV Messiah wrote:Well, best of luck to you :)

This does seem like the most important test most of us will take in our lives. It's good that you're treating it as such.


Thanks, you too! I just hope that taking the last year off and focusing on lsat, gpa, and apps will be worth taking out the max stafford loans. Yikes!

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:23 pm

I've made it to page 50 of LG Bible! Wooo hooo! Okay - don't laugh. But I've been going at such a snail's pace hoping to absorb all I can. Its really starting to click now!

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby oxford_don » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:24 am

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Sun May 11, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby 04102014 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:59 am

Quick question I'm hoping somebody can help me with:

How do people find out which room they will be in at a particular test center? I've seen others on different threads saying they went and checked out the room before the test, but I don't see how they find the specific room location information. I want to take the test at my school, but I don't want to end up in this terrible lecture hall we have.

Any information would be appreciated!

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:27 pm

oxford_don wrote:
angiej wrote:
Batman2 wrote:
angiej wrote:Maybe this sounds silly - but my first PT was soooo bad that I'm actually terrified to take another PT and keep putting it off. If I need to I can delay until June, but scheduling-wise with working full-time and school, I really feel that Feb is the best time for me to take the lsat since I'll have a month off for winter break from Dec 11 through Jan 11.


I put today's PT off for a couple of weeks out of fear as well. I would have hated to not do any better. But breaking 160 certainly made me more excited about studying. Hopefully my future PT's will go up as well.

And that winter break where I do nothing but study should help quite a bit.


I'll do a PT next weekend if you will. :wink:


I'm in too. Maybe a little peer pressure will get us moving.


Well, mine showed zero improvement in the actual score but certain sections were far better than others - how did yours go?

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby oxford_don » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:39 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Sun May 11, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:42 pm

oxford_don wrote:
angiej wrote:
Well, mine showed zero improvement in the actual score but certain sections were far better than others - how did yours go?


Taking mine tonight. PT #20, let's do this.


Good luck! Mine was June 2007 (freebie test) - I'm not sure what PT# that would be.

In my defense (trying to make myself feel better) I don't really know why I would expect my score to improve considering I really have't studied or done anything to improve anyway. I guess I should just be thankful it wasn't a lower score. :roll:

User avatar
laidoffjournalist
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby laidoffjournalist » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Angie, why are you going back to law school after being a paralegal for five years? Just curious. I always read that there is a demand for paralegals, but not so much a demand for lawyers these days. (Yet I forge ahead anyway!)

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:04 am

laidoffjournalist wrote:Angie, why are you going back to law school after being a paralegal for five years? Just curious. I always read that there is a demand for paralegals, but not so much a demand for lawyers these days. (Yet I forge ahead anyway!)


I've always wanted to be an attorney but never before had the "guts" to attend school. I am the first in my family to attend college (my father, god love him, didn't even graduate high school). I felt a little embarrassed, in fact when I first enrolled in undergrad 5 years after high school graduation I kept it from my parents. I didn't want them to think that what was good enough for them was not good enough for me.

I live in the midwest, lawyers are still in very high demand here. My firm is hiring 3 new associates and just added a major expansion to our building. I think I have a slightly different perspective on the demand for lawyers since I am not "biglaw" and would never be interested in biglaw.

Being a paralegal has exposed me to the world of law and I want more. I love helping people with issues that they feel intimidated by, or feel hopeless. I want to be that guiding light. I think I have a real knack for the law and want to put it to good use. But my abilities and position as a paralegal do not really allow me to help people who need legal assistance. I mean sure, indirectly I'm helping the attorney which in turn is allowing me to help the client, but I want more. I want more decision making ability, more responsibility.

I make $14 an hour. Its good money - but its not biglaw paralegal money. So for me, since I intend to stay in Indiana, I see going to law school and becoming an attorney as a positive upswing and yes - I suppose my salary too. I am very conscious of the fact that I must not incur too much debt, otherwise I will not be making enough to break even (if my loan debt is more than the difference I would be making as an attorney). And maybe this sounds crazy, but as long as I do break-even, I'm fine with that. I'm honestly not doing it for the salary, or the added respect (though I do feel like the bottom of the barrel sometimes).

User avatar
laidoffjournalist
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby laidoffjournalist » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 am

Cool. I think it's admirable you're going back to school and putting so much on the line for this dream you have. Going back to school is scary -- I graduated college recently and have my own fears about the debt and job outlook after law school. But it sounds as though you've thought this through. I hope you do well enough on the LSAT that you can get some nice monetary offers. Best of luck! :)

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 am

laidoffjournalist wrote:Cool. I think it's admirable you're going back to school and putting so much on the line for this dream you have. Going back to school is scary -- I graduated college recently and have my own fears about the debt and job outlook after law school. But it sounds as though you've thought this through. I hope you do well enough on the LSAT that you can get some nice monetary offers. Best of luck! :)


Thanks! I had never planned to quit my job - until I realized that I have about 30 credit hours worth of classes which are mandatory and are only offered during the day. I'm trying to negotiate with my employer and see if they may let me do file clerking or law library management for the next year or so. But I haven't exactly made it known that I intend to go to law school so they are thinking "okay then you finish undergrad and you want back into your paralegal position - then what?"

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby oxford_don » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:02 am

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Sun May 11, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ethereal822
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby Ethereal822 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Everyone, I just joined this group since I decided to postpone my exam until February last night :( Hopefully I made the right decision to do so...

How is everyone spacing out the PTs/studying? I definitely don't want to make the mistake again to procrastinate 4 weeks before the exam. I am working full-time (anywhere from 40-50 hours) and it has been incredibly hard for me to study consistently at night since I'm always so exhausted! I should also add that I have taken the June LSATs and canceled it due to my nervousness and really poor testing conditions and have used up all of the PTs (except for the SuperPrep Exams). Any thoughts/encouragement would be greatly appreciated! :)

User avatar
Philipsssssss
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby Philipsssssss » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Ethereal822 wrote:Hi Everyone, I just joined this group since I decided to postpone my exam until February last night :( Hopefully I made the right decision to do so...

How is everyone spacing out the PTs/studying? I definitely don't want to make the mistake again to procrastinate 4 weeks before the exam. I am working full-time (anywhere from 40-50 hours) and it has been incredibly hard for me to study consistently at night since I'm always so exhausted! I should also add that I have taken the June LSATs and canceled it due to my nervousness and really poor testing conditions and have used up all of the PTs (except for the SuperPrep Exams). Any thoughts/encouragement would be greatly appreciated! :)


1) At first i felt as though i am going to be ready for this exam, man o man, i was studying since September (actually i was studying on and off in the past 2 years) but anyhow, i am also working like 40 hr/week and my job was demanding lately. I also found tit very tough to stick to my schedule of LSAT evening regiment. So i hear you ! I was actually late by 1 day to register for the Dec LSAT - i guess my ignorance stemmed from the fact that i was unsure about my latest scores, my RC section was killing me (-10 on avarage). So one day i went online and whalla, it was the 14th, and the deadline was November 13th, come to think about it, Friday the 13th? LOL perhaps good i didnt register.

2) I tool the LSAT 2 years ago. On February - the irony o the irony. I also cancelled back then, i guess i realized this test was harder then i thought it would be. I came a long way, from a cold 137 if i recall 3 years ago, with off and on studying, to approx 160'sh.

3) I would suggest the following:

a) Get the LSAT proctor DVD ( or, --LinkRemoved--) <-- thats a free proctor. Good tool. I found it much better to use the timed version of doing the tests. However, i think i will purchase the full Proctor DVD, i have to give it all this time for this exam.

b) Go to the gym, at least 30 min a day. Trust me, you will feel much more energized adter you start getting into shape. Its a whole different feel.

c) Since you have used all? the exams, why wont you go over each one and see FOR EACH Question when it is RIGHT or WRONG. write on the margin your own thoughts by each answer. This is especially true for LR's.

d) Keep the DEC LSAT as your last LSAT before the February. Also, Do the 3 Super Prep 1 each on a weekend. And go over each and every explaination.

e) Perhpas you can start over from the first PT (do as many as you can and do each section in 30 min) - you think you remember all the answers? trust me, you will see that even after retaking the same PT, you will make same mistakes - 30 min for each section is even harder, but it should compensate for your prior knowledge of it.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Ethereal822 wrote:Hi Everyone, I just joined this group since I decided to postpone my exam until February last night :( Hopefully I made the right decision to do so...

How is everyone spacing out the PTs/studying? I definitely don't want to make the mistake again to procrastinate 4 weeks before the exam. I am working full-time (anywhere from 40-50 hours) and it has been incredibly hard for me to study consistently at night since I'm always so exhausted! I should also add that I have taken the June LSATs and canceled it due to my nervousness and really poor testing conditions and have used up all of the PTs (except for the SuperPrep Exams). Any thoughts/encouragement would be greatly appreciated! :)


Have you really used up all of the PT's? You do realize there are like 50, right?

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to retake some - really focus on why an answer is correct and why an answer is wrong. Be able to justify to yourself that you know why you picked a given answer and analyze why.

User avatar
Philipsssssss
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby Philipsssssss » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 pm

angiej wrote:
Ethereal822 wrote:Hi Everyone, I just joined this group since I decided to postpone my exam until February last night :( Hopefully I made the right decision to do so...

How is everyone spacing out the PTs/studying? I definitely don't want to make the mistake again to procrastinate 4 weeks before the exam. I am working full-time (anywhere from 40-50 hours) and it has been incredibly hard for me to study consistently at night since I'm always so exhausted! I should also add that I have taken the June LSATs and canceled it due to my nervousness and really poor testing conditions and have used up all of the PTs (except for the SuperPrep Exams). Any thoughts/encouragement would be greatly appreciated! :)


Have you really used up all of the PT's? You do realize there are like 50, right?

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to retake some - really focus on why an answer is correct and why an answer is wrong. Be able to justify to yourself that you know why you picked a given answer and analyze why.


Well with so much time on hand, and if there is enough commitment, he can re-take a PT, and then go over each and every question - double whammy , double the benefit.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby angiej » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:
angiej wrote:
Ethereal822 wrote:Hi Everyone, I just joined this group since I decided to postpone my exam until February last night :( Hopefully I made the right decision to do so...

How is everyone spacing out the PTs/studying? I definitely don't want to make the mistake again to procrastinate 4 weeks before the exam. I am working full-time (anywhere from 40-50 hours) and it has been incredibly hard for me to study consistently at night since I'm always so exhausted! I should also add that I have taken the June LSATs and canceled it due to my nervousness and really poor testing conditions and have used up all of the PTs (except for the SuperPrep Exams). Any thoughts/encouragement would be greatly appreciated! :)


Have you really used up all of the PT's? You do realize there are like 50, right?

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to retake some - really focus on why an answer is correct and why an answer is wrong. Be able to justify to yourself that you know why you picked a given answer and analyze why.


Well with so much time on hand, and if there is enough commitment, he can re-take a PT, and then go over each and every question - double whammy , double the benefit.


Agreed.

Ethereal822
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby Ethereal822 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:
Ethereal822 wrote:Hi Everyone, I just joined this group since I decided to postpone my exam until February last night :( Hopefully I made the right decision to do so...

How is everyone spacing out the PTs/studying? I definitely don't want to make the mistake again to procrastinate 4 weeks before the exam. I am working full-time (anywhere from 40-50 hours) and it has been incredibly hard for me to study consistently at night since I'm always so exhausted! I should also add that I have taken the June LSATs and canceled it due to my nervousness and really poor testing conditions and have used up all of the PTs (except for the SuperPrep Exams). Any thoughts/encouragement would be greatly appreciated! :)


1) At first i felt as though i am going to be ready for this exam, man o man, i was studying since September (actually i was studying on and off in the past 2 years) but anyhow, i am also working like 40 hr/week and my job was demanding lately. I also found tit very tough to stick to my schedule of LSAT evening regiment. So i hear you ! I was actually late by 1 day to register for the Dec LSAT - i guess my ignorance stemmed from the fact that i was unsure about my latest scores, my RC section was killing me (-10 on avarage). So one day i went online and whalla, it was the 14th, and the deadline was November 13th, come to think about it, Friday the 13th? LOL perhaps good i didnt register.

2) I tool the LSAT 2 years ago. On February - the irony o the irony. I also cancelled back then, i guess i realized this test was harder then i thought it would be. I came a long way, from a cold 137 if i recall 3 years ago, with off and on studying, to approx 160'sh.

3) I would suggest the following:

a) Get the LSAT proctor DVD ( or, --LinkRemoved--) <-- thats a free proctor. Good tool. I found it much better to use the timed version of doing the tests. However, i think i will purchase the full Proctor DVD, i have to give it all this time for this exam.

b) Go to the gym, at least 30 min a day. Trust me, you will feel much more energized adter you start getting into shape. Its a whole different feel.

c) Since you have used all? the exams, why wont you go over each one and see FOR EACH Question when it is RIGHT or WRONG. write on the margin your own thoughts by each answer. This is especially true for LR's.

d) Keep the DEC LSAT as your last LSAT before the February. Also, Do the 3 Super Prep 1 each on a weekend. And go over each and every explaination.

e) Perhpas you can start over from the first PT (do as many as you can and do each section in 30 min) - you think you remember all the answers? trust me, you will see that even after retaking the same PT, you will make same mistakes - 30 min for each section is even harder, but it should compensate for your prior knowledge of it.


Wow, thanks so much for your extensive reponse and advice! I am having most trouble with LR. Even though I go over the questions and write out exactly why I got each question wrong, I always seem to get -4/-5 wrong on each LR section. I have been tracking the questions I am usually getting incorrect, and they are usually weaken, flaw, and assumption questions. I have already gone through the LR bible but I think I may revisit it again. Right now, my score is in the mid 160s (usually 165 or 166)--however, this is somewhat untimed. My goal is to get 170+.

Ethereal822
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: February 2010 LSAT - 126 days and counting.

Postby Ethereal822 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:09 pm

angiej wrote:
Philipsssssss wrote:
angiej wrote:
Ethereal822 wrote:Hi Everyone, I just joined this group since I decided to postpone my exam until February last night :( Hopefully I made the right decision to do so...

How is everyone spacing out the PTs/studying? I definitely don't want to make the mistake again to procrastinate 4 weeks before the exam. I am working full-time (anywhere from 40-50 hours) and it has been incredibly hard for me to study consistently at night since I'm always so exhausted! I should also add that I have taken the June LSATs and canceled it due to my nervousness and really poor testing conditions and have used up all of the PTs (except for the SuperPrep Exams). Any thoughts/encouragement would be greatly appreciated! :)


Have you really used up all of the PT's? You do realize there are like 50, right?

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to retake some - really focus on why an answer is correct and why an answer is wrong. Be able to justify to yourself that you know why you picked a given answer and analyze why.


Well with so much time on hand, and if there is enough commitment, he can re-take a PT, and then go over each and every question - double whammy , double the benefit.


Agreed.


I think I have done all of them except for the PTs before the 10 Real LSATs book and the September Exam. Any advice on doing well on LR questions? I always thoroughly review them, but I am having much difficulty with weakening, flaw, and assumption questions.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?), LSRAT, pantsuitchic, VMars, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests