LSAT preptest 30

birdmann783

LSAT preptest 30

Postby birdmann783 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:37 pm

section 2 questions 10 and 23

i had a for 10 and b for 23

the answer for 10 is D and 23 is C

i think i understand why d is correct for 10, but it took me like 30 mins to figure it out....someone please explain why c is correct for 23 over b

i get the point made in number 23 but i dont see what is wrong with b...isnt there supposed to be definate right and wrong answers

lawduder

Re: LSAT preptest 30

Postby lawduder » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:43 pm

The answer to 23 is actually D not C. Anna's argument does not mention anything about quality of the videotapes and thus B is irrelevant to her response. Tony says that the video stores would find it to be more economical to purchase the new type of videocassette and Anna states that it would decrease their cost by less than 5 precent AND additional payment would also have to me made. Therefore she is concluding that, despite what Tony said, the savings that video rental stores would make would be small or nonexistent (because they may even pay more).

As for #10, I too missed this one, however, I chose B because nothing in Nordecki's argument states that he believes 29,000 is sufficient payment to consider the workers not underpaid. If you could OP, or someone else, tell me how you are able to defend the credited response of D?

birdmann783

Postby birdmann783 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:52 pm

lawduder wrote:The answer to 23 is actually D not C. Anna's argument does not mention anything about quality of the videotapes and thus B is irrelevant to her response. Tony says that the video stores would find it to be more economical to purchase the new type of videocassette and Anna states that it would decrease their cost by less than 5 precent AND additional payment would also have to me made. Therefore she is concluding that, despite what Tony said, the savings that video rental stores would make would be small or nonexistent (because they may even pay more).

As for #10, I too missed this one, however, I chose B because nothing in Nordecki's argument states that he believes 29,000 is sufficient payment to consider the workers not underpaid. If you could OP, or someone else, tell me how you are able to defend the credited response of D?

PREPTEST 30 section 2....ur on the wrong one my friend

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:53 pm

birdmann783 wrote:
lawduder wrote:The answer to 23 is actually D not C. Anna's argument does not mention anything about quality of the videotapes and thus B is irrelevant to her response. Tony says that the video stores would find it to be more economical to purchase the new type of videocassette and Anna states that it would decrease their cost by less than 5 precent AND additional payment would also have to me made. Therefore she is concluding that, despite what Tony said, the savings that video rental stores would make would be small or nonexistent (because they may even pay more).

Hmm, section 2 of my PT30 shows #10 and #23 as the ones I've identified? This is the prep test with the loaves of bread logic game, right?

birdmann783

Postby birdmann783 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 pm

lawduder wrote:
birdmann783 wrote:

Hmm, section 2 of my PT30 shows #10 and #23 as the ones I've identified? This is the prep test with the loaves of bread logic game, right?

yea btw i hated that particular game so much...i bombed it.....im using a kaplan book with the tests and the experimental......in this preptest, section 2 which i am checkin is the experimental

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:59 pm

if you look at the end of the Kaplan test, it will say what PT the experimental is from.

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Yeah well that explains the discrepancy :) And yes OP, that LR section comes from one of the PT2 sections.

birdmann783

Postby birdmann783 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:04 pm

btw i seee the section you are talking about in preptest 30

in this book, it is section 3

for 10 i also had b

but i see why it is now D

the first sentence goswami makes is not the main conclusion ......it is the sub conclusion

the main conclusion is "THEY ARE UNDERPAID"

Nordecki's conclusion is the first sentence....

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:08 pm

thanks!

focused07

Postby focused07 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi! Does anyone have the answer key to the RC section (especially the Greek tragedy passage)?

Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”