The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Kulax22
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:23 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby Kulax22 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:52 am

I'm going to take PT54 soon, but then that's it. I honestly feel like a lot of it is totally up to test-day.

I figure I can review some types of LGs, and I can keep drilling to keep my brain active, but I feel it is most crucial to have the energy and drive and clarity on test day. Then just see what happens 8)

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby Shaggier1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:56 am

PT50: 163
PT51: 164
PT52: 166
PT53: 169

Why can't I be more consistent like you guys?


Would you have preferred this:

PT50: 163
PT51: 163
PT52: 163
PT53: 163

That's consistent.

User avatar
hypermeganet
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:34 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby hypermeganet » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:59 am

Shaggier1 wrote:
PT50: 163
PT51: 164
PT52: 166
PT53: 169

Why can't I be more consistent like you guys?


Would you have preferred this:

PT50: 163
PT51: 163
PT52: 163
PT53: 163

That's consistent.


Hah, I guess not. It's more that I'm hoping that the 169 isn't just an extreme outlier and that my average is truly closer to a 166.

User avatar
teaadntoast
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby teaadntoast » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:08 am

Ugh.

I've been sick for the past four days and haven't been able to sit a full PT in a week. My individual section scores are fine, but I'm freaking out a little bit.

:shock:

User avatar
hypermeganet
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:34 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby hypermeganet » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:10 am

teaadntoast wrote:Ugh.

I've been sick for the past four days and haven't been able to sit a full PT in a week. My individual section scores are fine, but I'm freaking out a little bit.

:shock:


Don't be. At least for me, my individual timed section scores = how I do on full, timed exams. Are you the same generally (historically)?

User avatar
teaadntoast
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby teaadntoast » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:14 am

hypermeganet wrote:
teaadntoast wrote:Ugh.

I've been sick for the past four days and haven't been able to sit a full PT in a week. My individual section scores are fine, but I'm freaking out a little bit.

:shock:


Don't be. At least for me, my individual timed section scores = how I do on full, timed exams. Are you the same generally (historically)?


Pretty much.

The sections I've been able to do are still in the -2 per range, but I worry that I won't be able to keep it togethe ron Saturday.

User avatar
hypermeganet
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:34 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby hypermeganet » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 am

teaadntoast wrote:
hypermeganet wrote:
teaadntoast wrote:Ugh.

I've been sick for the past four days and haven't been able to sit a full PT in a week. My individual section scores are fine, but I'm freaking out a little bit.

:shock:


Don't be. At least for me, my individual timed section scores = how I do on full, timed exams. Are you the same generally (historically)?


Pretty much.

The sections I've been able to do are still in the -2 per range, but I worry that I won't be able to keep it togethe ron Saturday.


Well, just rest and try and get better until Sat. If you're averaging 92/93 raw, a few days off aren't gonna hurt.

User avatar
teaadntoast
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby teaadntoast » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 am

hypermeganet wrote: Well, just rest and try and get better until Sat. If you're averaging 92/93 raw, a few days off aren't gonna hurt.


Thanks.

It's just hard not to be this guy right now:

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby ruleser » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:49 am

teaadntoast wrote:
hypermeganet wrote: Well, just rest and try and get better until Sat. If you're averaging 92/93 raw, a few days off aren't gonna hurt.


Thanks.

It's just hard not to be this guy right now:

--ImageRemoved--

I don't know whether to love the picture or sympathize with the 'WTF' look on the cat's face...

User avatar
TadGhostal
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby TadGhostal » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Getting closer! First test in a busy public library and my best score yet...

PT 53
LR -4
LG -3 (ran out of time, but getting that far through it is huge for me)
LR -2
RC -4 (RC [strike]is[/strike] was my strength, but the new PTs are harder)

168! I had previously been stuck at 164 on the old tests. I'd be very happy with that score... but it's just 2 more correct answers to a 170.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby ruleser » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:13 pm

hypermeganet wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
hypermeganet wrote:PT50: 163
PT51: 164
PT52: 166
PT53: 169

Why can't I be more consistent like you guys?

At least you're getting better with each test!


Hah, we'll we'll see if that trend continues! My RC is not getting any better (but not worse, either). Really it's just been me trying to get better at LR that's accounted for my increases. I got a -5 in RC on all 4 of those exams but I took LR from -5/section to -3/section.

That sounds like actual progress - when you figure something out in LR (ie one additional question type/trick they pull) then you tend to bump up consistently a few points. If you can get 1 or 2 more q-types/tricks before test day, that could be your 170...

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby nyyankees » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Wow. Just took it BAD from PT 57.

Not even worth going into details. -20 overall. Lowest raw in since I was prepping for Feb. Each of my sections got worse, and the dinos took a bite out of me. Very scary this close to the test. I know some people go right back and take another one, not sure if that is a good call for me or not. Any suggestions?

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby mountaintime » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:11 pm

nyyankees wrote:Wow. Just took it BAD from PT 57.

Not even worth going into details. -20 overall. Lowest raw in since I was prepping for Feb. Each of my sections got worse, and the dinos took a bite out of me. Very scary this close to the test. I know some people go right back and take another one, not sure if that is a good call for me or not. Any suggestions?

Definitely take another... just make sure you wait until at least tomorrow... hell, maybe you should wait until Wednesday. Getting a high score after this will bring your confidence back up. After a streak of 170+: 173 (51), 171 (48), 171 (55), I got a 165 on PT52, and it scared this shit out of me. People on this board told me to figure out what when wrong and get back into it. Since then, I'm back in my happy place: 169 (47), 171 (54), 170 (57). I can feel my confidence and momentum growing again. If I do well on PT56 on Thursday, I'm going to be in a very good position for Saturday.

User avatar
solotee
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby solotee » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Just finished last PT (57)

RC: -7 (exp PT 15)
LG: -6 ??
LR: -2
LR2: -4
RC: -6

Raw: 83 Scaled: 165 (I'll settle for that :wink: )

Had really annoying kid sitting across from me, humming and relentlessly tapping his pencil on the table throughout the whole exam. I'm actually glad this happened so I can be prepared for such a hindrance on test day.

LR: In the zone 8)

Usually get -0 on LG's, looks like Dino's really ate me up.

RC: surprised/ extremely happy, thought it was a bit more difficult than usual.

I'm ready for action!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby Veritas » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:51 pm

We have done all we can. There is no need to freak out, it will not help. The best thing we can do for ourselves is to trust in our test taking abilities and remain focused on test day. DO NOT FREAK OUT.

...I keep repeating similar thoughts over and over in my mind.... :|

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby missvik218 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:53 pm

solotee wrote:Just finished last PT (57)

RC: -7 (exp PT 15)
LG: -6 ??
LR: -2
LR2: -4
RC: -6

Raw: 83 Scaled: 165 (I'll settle for that :wink: )

Had really annoying kid sitting across from me, humming and relentlessly tapping his pencil on the table throughout the whole exam. I'm actually glad this happened so I can be prepared for such a hindrance on test day.

LR: In the zone 8)

Usually get -0 on LG's, looks like Dino's really ate me up.

RC: surprised/ extremely happy, thought it was a bit more difficult than usual.

I'm ready for action!

Congrats Solo! I'm super impressed with your LR score ... I wish that was how my PT 57 LR went, I thought they were really hard.

User avatar
solotee
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby solotee » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:16 pm

missvik218 wrote:
solotee wrote:Just finished last PT (57)

RC: -7 (exp PT 15)
LG: -6 ??
LR: -2
LR2: -4
RC: -6

Raw: 83 Scaled: 165 (I'll settle for that :wink: )

Had really annoying kid sitting across from me, humming and relentlessly tapping his pencil on the table throughout the whole exam. I'm actually glad this happened so I can be prepared for such a hindrance on test day.

LR: In the zone 8)

Usually get -0 on LG's, looks like Dino's really ate me up.

RC: surprised/ extremely happy, thought it was a bit more difficult than usual.

I'm ready for action!

Congrats Solo! I'm super impressed with your LR score ... I wish that was how my PT 57 LR went, I thought they were really hard.


Thnx Vik! Reading your other post, I think you might just be experiencing some mild burnout, which was a problem I had which for the longest time I refused to accept. Even though I didn't physically feel it, I noticed that my mind wasn't as sharp processing LR questions that are otherwise manageable. After reducing my study load, my overall LR score went from avg of -11 to avg of -6.

You've got some impressive scores, I know you are capable!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby Veritas » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Solo!

I feel like we are scoring in the same range. Good luck on test day!

lsb
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby lsb » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:24 pm

With all the recent talk about how hard PT57 is, I'm tempted not to take it tomorrow for fear that it will destroy my confidence.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby Veritas » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:27 pm

lsb wrote:With all the recent talk about how hard PT57 is, I'm tempted not to take it tomorrow for fear that it will destroy my confidence.

:lol: I know how you feel.

I'm going to do it in broken down timed sections over Wednesday and Thursday, so that it'll be more of a confidence boost (with the safe assumption that I'll do better than expected).

I'm going to trick myself into having confidence!

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby missvik218 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 pm

lsb wrote:With all the recent talk about how hard PT57 is, I'm tempted not to take it tomorrow for fear that it will destroy my confidence.

Haha, I thought that too, luckily I thought it a week ago and so I rearranged my tests so I'm taking PT 50 tomorrow instead of 56 (also noted as difficult by people on this thread). My point however is, if confidence is crucial and more importantly fragile for you ... you might not want to take it tomorrow. BUT if you can take it and just remember that it's a difficult test, good test takers have struggled with it (low ends of their ranges), you should be good. It's an excellent test to take, there is a lot to be learned from it; I would suggest taking it before Saturday.

lsb
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby lsb » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm

missvik218 wrote:
lsb wrote:With all the recent talk about how hard PT57 is, I'm tempted not to take it tomorrow for fear that it will destroy my confidence.

Haha, I thought that too, luckily I thought it a week ago and so I rearranged my tests so I'm taking PT 50 tomorrow instead of 56 (also noted as difficult by people on this thread). My point however is, if confidence is crucial and more importantly fragile for you ... you might not want to take it tomorrow. BUT if you can take it and just remember that it's a difficult test, good test takers have struggled with it (low ends of their ranges), you should be good. It's an excellent test to take, there is a lot to be learned from it; I would suggest taking it before Saturday.



I found PT 56 easy as hell. In fact, I got my highest score yet, and I'm feeling REALLY confident right. I don't know if I want to ruin that with PT 57, but on the other hand, 57 is an important test, and if I do well, then there is nothing holding me back on Saturday.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby missvik218 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:39 pm

lsb wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
lsb wrote:With all the recent talk about how hard PT57 is, I'm tempted not to take it tomorrow for fear that it will destroy my confidence.

Haha, I thought that too, luckily I thought it a week ago and so I rearranged my tests so I'm taking PT 50 tomorrow instead of 56 (also noted as difficult by people on this thread). My point however is, if confidence is crucial and more importantly fragile for you ... you might not want to take it tomorrow. BUT if you can take it and just remember that it's a difficult test, good test takers have struggled with it (low ends of their ranges), you should be good. It's an excellent test to take, there is a lot to be learned from it; I would suggest taking it before Saturday.



I found PT 56 easy as hell. In fact, I got my highest score yet, and I'm feeling REALLY confident right. I don't know if I want to ruin that with PT 57, but on the other hand, 57 is an important test, and if I do well, then there is nothing holding me back on Saturday.

You sound fine, I detect very little if any "OMG LSAT DAY APPROACHING" panic, I think you should take it!

User avatar
teaadntoast
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby teaadntoast » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:44 pm

lsb wrote:With all the recent talk about how hard PT57 is, I'm tempted not to take it tomorrow for fear that it will destroy my confidence.


I'm doing it tonight. That way, if I completely tank I can just blame it on being sick and get on with things.

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: The 160s Club! Join all ye 170 hopefuls!

Postby Bustang » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:25 pm

PT 56
I feel like shit but I wanted to get my last PT done with (I have one backup but I tricked myself into thinking I didnt)

Games: -3 (I knew about if but only if thing... but hey I still missed 1 on the game)
LR1: -5 (Some confusing questions in my opinion)
Lr2: -2
RC: -1 (FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU LSAT MWAHHAHAHAHAH! OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED)

Raw 89, Scaled 170. Time to ride the gravy train.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Giro423, jagerbom79 and 7 guests