testmasters: online or classroom??

undecided2004
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm

testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby undecided2004 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Hello everyone,
Well I was looking around for a good LSAT prep course and was told Testmasters is wayyyyyy better than Kaplan and The Princeton Review. But I am wondering which is better, the online course or classroom? The classroom is going to be a tight fit in to my already busy summer schedule. But then again I am worried I wont get the same grasp, I guess you can say, of the material if I take the online. If you have taken either one, could you let me know what you think. Or even if you took the online for any other LSAT prep course, please let me know. thanks in advance everyone!!! :D

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 pm

I think it depends on you - how much time can you put into prep on your own, how dedicated are you, do you need the extra motivation, have you practiced already on your own and found the material to be difficult, etc. I took Kaplan and did not have any success, and then switched to Testmasters and my score went up 20 points. I found that the in person classes worked best for me. The teachers really went into detail and gave you the support you needed to do well. It was very intense, though - lots of homework and a big commitment. I have a friend who did Testmasters without attending the class, and had good results as well. It's up to you - good luck!

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby bluejayk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 pm

undecided2004 wrote:Hello everyone,
Well I was looking around for a good LSAT prep course and was told Testmasters is wayyyyyy better than Kaplan and The Princeton Review. But I am wondering which is better, the online course or classroom? The classroom is going to be a tight fit in to my already busy summer schedule. But then again I am worried I wont get the same grasp, I guess you can say, of the material if I take the online. If you have taken either one, could you let me know what you think. Or even if you took the online for any other LSAT prep course, please let me know. thanks in advance everyone!!! :D


Are you looking at testmasters.com? That's not the "real" testmasters. The real TM only does live classes. Make sure you're looking at testmasters.net

User avatar
UandIaresplittsville
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby UandIaresplittsville » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 pm

I took the class while working full time and it was intense. Those were long days. But I loved the course and I thought it was absolutely worth it. I just told myself that I better get used to being busy if I'm going to law school/being a lawyer. Obviously it's going to be tough to find someone who has experience with the class and the online course, but that's my input. I didn't even know there was an online course.

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:57 pm

bluejayk wrote:
undecided2004 wrote:Hello everyone,
Well I was looking around for a good LSAT prep course and was told Testmasters is wayyyyyy better than Kaplan and The Princeton Review. But I am wondering which is better, the online course or classroom? The classroom is going to be a tight fit in to my already busy summer schedule. But then again I am worried I wont get the same grasp, I guess you can say, of the material if I take the online. If you have taken either one, could you let me know what you think. Or even if you took the online for any other LSAT prep course, please let me know. thanks in advance everyone!!! :D


Are you looking at testmasters.com? That's not the "real" testmasters. The real TM only does live classes. Make sure you're looking at testmasters.net


Good catch. I didn't even think to mention that to the OP.

undecided2004
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby undecided2004 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:14 pm

bluejayk wrote:
undecided2004 wrote:Hello everyone,
Well I was looking around for a good LSAT prep course and was told Testmasters is wayyyyyy better than Kaplan and The Princeton Review. But I am wondering which is better, the online course or classroom? The classroom is going to be a tight fit in to my already busy summer schedule. But then again I am worried I wont get the same grasp, I guess you can say, of the material if I take the online. If you have taken either one, could you let me know what you think. Or even if you took the online for any other LSAT prep course, please let me know. thanks in advance everyone!!! :D


Are you looking at testmasters.com? That's not the "real" testmasters. The real TM only does live classes. Make sure you're looking at testmasters.net



Wow i didnt even realize that!! thanks sooo much!

undecided2004
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby undecided2004 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:14 pm

IzziesGal wrote:I think it depends on you - how much time can you put into prep on your own, how dedicated are you, do you need the extra motivation, have you practiced already on your own and found the material to be difficult, etc. I took Kaplan and did not have any success, and then switched to Testmasters and my score went up 20 points. I found that the in person classes worked best for me. The teachers really went into detail and gave you the support you needed to do well. It was very intense, though - lots of homework and a big commitment. I have a friend who did Testmasters without attending the class, and had good results as well. It's up to you - good luck!


Thanks :)

JF1
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby JF1 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:15 pm

HELP!!!!!! Im so confused who is Testmaster.COM and ho is Testmasters.NET???????


PLEASE HELP i was considering taking the online course............

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby bluejayk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:17 pm

You weren't able to read the previous messages in this thread?

JF1
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby JF1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:15 pm

What is the 'REAL' testmasters????
Who is testmaster.com?
is the online course any good???

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:52 pm

JF1, it was answered already.... http://www.testmasters.net is the correct class.


I start my In-class Testmasters in 2 days!

For anyone that has taken Testmasters, how did they improve your RC section? I am in desperate need to boost that.

mickeymouse4509
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby mickeymouse4509 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Testmasters is pretty great, I'd prefer the classroom to the online version any day though.

JF1
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby JF1 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 pm

is testmasters.com any good??

alveron
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby alveron » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm

JF1 wrote:is testmasters.com any good??


lol

undecided2004
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby undecided2004 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 pm

JF1 wrote:is testmasters.com any good??


THE BEST ACCORDING TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN KAPLAN AND PRINCETON REVIEW

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby Inygma » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:21 pm

undecided2004 wrote:
JF1 wrote:is testmasters.com any good??


THE BEST ACCORDING TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN KAPLAN AND PRINCETON REVIEW


LOL

lyynda
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Postby lyynda » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:16 pm

VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DECIDE....read this!

I was one of the smucks who got taken in by testmasters.com.......the online course sucked and my score going in was the same as my score going out
AND the LSAT..

I am currently enrolled in TESTMASTERS.NET Class. it meets twice weekly and has diagnostic tests that mimic the actual LSAT conditions every other weekend...in addition to online study. Our instructor is named Ali and he is BEYOND AMAZING. He has the patience of a saint and a wonderful personality to go with it, he comes in early, stays late with us and has endless tips and hints. Is the course a bit high in price? A little. But you will not have to RE TAKE the LSAT or any other course if you do Testmasters.net. I am getting ready to sit for Dec 09 and my score has already jumped fifteen points from my first day of class. Hats of to Ali and Testmasters.net
Linda from Rhode Island




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a_j_l, Baidu [Spider], cianchetta0, Instrumental, PantoroB, Persianlsnyc, Pozzo, SunDevil14 and 8 guests