review your testing center, help future LSAT students Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Taiwont

New

Re: review your testing center, help future LSAT students

Post by Taiwont » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Considering I searched around for info on my test site and saw maybe two comments max, I think this is a great idea and am doners.
ditto

abcde12345

Bronze

Post by abcde12345 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm

I took it at New York Law School.

TAKE IT HERE if you can. There were about 80 kids total in 3 huge rooms. I had 16 kids in my room-a huge lecture hall. The desks are continuous desks, so I had a ton of room. The chairs were those 100 dollar ergonomic chairs that you always want when you go to office depot. It is probably the single best LSAT location in existence.

Only bad part were the proctors. They didn't know what the hell they should be doing, so they circled the room nonstop the entire test and stopped behind you and watched. Yes. They watched you from behind. So fucking distracting. This is a major reason why I messed up on RC (my first section; I wasn't yet used to them).
Last edited by abcde12345 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bitsy

Bronze

Post by bitsy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 pm

I took it at University of Memphis-- Clement Hall. It was alright, they separated ~150 kids into different floors. We had enough space so that each tester got a full two person table. The proctors were good, but one was super unfamiliar with the rules. I didn't know my way around the campus beforehand, but the building was easy to find. Went to the building to take a PrepTest the week prior, and the building was open, no one was there.

However, we couldn't open the window because bees and wasps would get in. It was a little stuffy. Also, a train goes by blowing the shit out of its whistle (twice) if you take it in the morning, dunno about the afternoon.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Took it at Collin Country Community College in McKinney.

Perfect center.

Huge desks, proctors went by the book so nothing benefficial but nothing negative. Bathrooms near by. 12-16 people per class room, so not over crowded.

3 proctors, 1 70 years old who tried talking ~3 times during the test about the rangers. Other guy gave him the hint to stfu without talking quickly. Uncontrollable by the test center.

Would recommend to anyone.

vegso

New

Post by vegso » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:55 pm

no canada? :(, my test center was great

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EliLanning

New

Post by EliLanning » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Great experience at Kansas State University :)

Ex Cearulo

Bronze

Post by Ex Cearulo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:30 am

Took it at Auburn University-Montgomery. Rooms were very cold but I had scoped it out ahead of time and was prepared. Proctors were actually a husband/wife team with their daughter assisting. I was in the room with the man and he did a good job. Overall a pleasant experience as far as the test center is concerned.

waysidemadison180

New

Post by waysidemadison180 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:42 pm

HawgDriver wrote:Took it at Auburn University-Montgomery. Rooms were very cold but I had scoped it out ahead of time and was prepared. Proctors were actually a husband/wife team with their daughter assisting. I was in the room with the man and he did a good job. Overall a pleasant experience as far as the test center is concerned.
Just submitted my review. Love those big desks!

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 am

Last edited by dosto on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:16 am

I took mine at Patrick Henry High school at San Diego.

Great place. Since it's a school, it's nice and quiet. I've taken the test there twice, and each time we get big desks to ourselves.

You'll probably be sharing the school with people taking the SAT, but they're off at the opposite side of the school and you won't be bothered by them.

Thethoughtcounts176

New

Post by Thethoughtcounts176 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 pm

iacedthelsat wrote:
Fesa wrote:I was in SFSU Kendrik hall
very comfortable
not big rooms, less people and good proctors.
Tables are wide, chairs are fine and I pee in man's restroom. Noone was there, but womans had a long line.
You're halfway there.

Now put the review on http://www.lsatrater.com
yeah, i like the format on that one the best. Asks all the specific questions that I like answers to like desk size, proctor, noise level, room temp, clock, room size, parking, etc. And i know exactly what test center by the number instead of having to guess by people's posts when there are like 6 different schools with similar names like Pace in the nyc metro area. Somebody told me Pace was great last time. I asked which one? white plains? nyc? upstate ny? No answer. So please people just post a review on there. I as well as others appreciate it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”