Catholic University (DC) Testing Center

Catholic University (DC) Testing Center

Postby 121212 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Has anybody ever taken the LSAT at Catholic U in DC? I am trying to find out whether they break off testers into small rooms or if it's a large auditorium style administration. And of course any horror stories would be much appreciated!

sd123

Re: Catholic University (DC) Testing Center

Postby sd123 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:51 pm

i took it at catholic in october and it was great. everyone had their own huge table to spread out at, and the proctor was very very nice and gave everyone ample time to get ready, use the restrooms, etc. it was quiet, there were only about 15 people per room and the room temp wasn't extreme or anything. i think it's definitely one of the better places to take the test, from what i've heard about the other centers in DC.

Postby 121212 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:37 pm

awesome. thanks!

get175

Postby get175 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Any idea about the testing conditions at GULC?

Thank you!

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 pm

So good to know, I'm taking the LSAT here this Saturday and since I'd heard horror stories about DC testing sites I was nervous.

Do people know how well metro works for getting to Catholic Univ? I was just going to take a taxi since it's so early but saving $$ is always a good thing...

Brucewaynegretzky

Postby Brucewaynegretzky » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:31 pm

I take the metro from farragut north to catholic daily. I try to leave my apartment about an hour before I want to get there but never really accomplish it and still make it on time. I think I've timed the actual ride on the metro after I got on as 13 minutes. The walk from the metro to the building where the test is given is probably five minutes.

sd123

Postby sd123 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:00 pm

re: testing at GULC.. I've heard nothing good or bad about it. know people who have taken it there and said it was okay. I don't think they split people off into small groups, but don't quote me on that. I'm sure it's okay. I've heard American U is also a great place to take it, and I've heard horror stories from friends about Howard U not having any heat on in the dead of winter during testing.

If at all possible, I'd try to take a cab or find a friend to give you a ride. the last thing I would want to deal with on test day is metro having a train problem or delay...however, I think CUA does have a stop on the red line and I think it's right next to campus.

Good luck, everyone!

teege

Postby teege » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Anyone know anything about Georgetown U (not GULC)?

And what testing centers in DC are considered to be bad?

sd123

Postby sd123 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:53 am

I remember hearing that Georgetown's testing conditions were not great, but I can't specifically remember why. I don't know if the test is offered at GULC, or the main campus - I just know that people who have told me they took the test at "georgetown" said it was a large group and that there were distractions. the only other bad things I've heard are about Howard University.. I had a great experience at Catholic, and my LSAT teacher said American U was also great.

either way, though.. i don't think it's that useful to spend a lot of time thinking about the testing conditions. you can't control that. wherever you take the test, you're going to have to deal with whatever the testing conditions are and push through that. prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

noona

Postby noona » Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 pm

I read another test center review elsewhere by a guy who cautioned against taking the LSAT at Catholic University because the church bells ring every 15 minutes and all the ringing at noon is especially distracting. Was this anyone else's experience?

djohnson

Postby djohnson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 pm

I was hoping to revive this thread and hopefully receive some feedback from the community. I am taking the October test at Catholic University and would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding the test center, specifically whether there was ample desk space. Many thanks.

Bright_Law

Postby Bright_Law » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:17 pm

I don't think CUA will be right for anybody unless somebody lives in dorm right there. The best test center will be UDC (University of District of Columbia) right in front of Van Ness Metro Station on red line. Stop at the Starbucks, get cafe mocha and get into the building 39 second floor at David Clarke School of Law, University of District of Columbia.
4200 Connecticut Avenue, Washington, D.C.

djohnson

Postby djohnson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Thanks for your input, Bright_Law. Unfortunately, UDC is all filled up. I am curious whether you had heard of any specific problems with Catholic. On the "Simugator" website, it seems to have pretty good reviews. I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Bright_Law

Postby Bright_Law » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 pm

djohnson wrote:Thanks for your input, Bright_Law. Unfortunately, UDC is all filled up. I am curious whether you had heard of any specific problems with Catholic. On the "Simugator" website, it seems to have pretty good reviews. I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts you may have.

keep trying keep trying at this location. There are many cancellations at this location almost always. Keep talking at 215.968.1001 ext 0 phone and ask about this location. In my opinion this is the best location. Georgetown sucks! Georgetown may be good for visitors at least not for LSAT test taker!

Bright_Law

djohnson wrote:Thanks for your input, Bright_Law. Unfortunately, UDC is all filled up. I am curious whether you had heard of any specific problems with Catholic. On the "Simugator" website, it seems to have pretty good reviews. I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts you may have.

keep trying keep trying at this location. There are many cancellations at this location almost always. Keep talking at 215.968.1001 ext 0 phone and ask about this location. In my opinion this is the best location. Georgetown sucks! Georgetown may be good for visitors at least not for LSAT test taker!

Bright_Law

Bright_Law

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”