how to bomb the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Darth Topher

New

Re: how to bomb the LSAT

Post by Darth Topher » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:52 pm

try be happy

drew

Bronze

Post by drew » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:03 pm

actually, a 'difficult curve' implies an easier test...

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 pm

Good post.

And who has a repulsive personality? What was that comment about?

I hope it wasn't about OP, because I didn't find anything about this post repulsing, and I am easily repulsed by the attitudes of other people.

CWF V

New

Post by CWF V » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:29 pm

^ agreed. Great post. You have a rally engaging, fun writing style. Maybe you'll about food. In fact, you ought to check out a cookbook by Alice Waters called "The Art of Simple Food". I made dinner for my wife every damn night leading up to the LSAT cause I was so anxious. I had never been much into cooking, but it was a nice release.

Cheers in whatever you end up doing and, yeah, this test is bullshit and we all know it.

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:30 pm

:roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chilerelleno

New

Post by chilerelleno » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:36 pm

CWF V wrote:^ agreed. Great post. You have a rally engaging, fun writing style. Maybe you'll about food. In fact, you ought to check out a cookbook by Alice Waters called "The Art of Simple Food". I made dinner for my wife every damn night leading up to the LSAT cause I was so anxious. I had never been much into cooking, but it was a nice release.

Cheers in whatever you end up doing and, yeah, this test is bullshit and we all know it.
i LOVE the art of simple food! its one of my staple books. yeah, i cooked up a storm the evening of oct 4 while wasted on martinis. it was actually a blast.

thanks for the encouragement.

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:38 pm

chilerelleno wrote: HOW TO F IT UP.
1. Think that the LSAT (or a great score on the LSAT) is going to solve all your problems--money, career, life projection, relationships, personal struggle.
2. Use the LSAT to feel better about yourself or to validate some abstract idea of intelligence on paper for both your own pride on the inside and to the satisfaction, spite, and approval of/towards others
3. Let the LSAT control your life and to some extent make you forget who you are. (except you won't know it's happening until you get your score back unless you're brave to admit it before that)
i'm sorry you didn't do as well as you did but i'm not sure these are sure roads to f-ing up on the lsat. personally, i invested myself into the lsat very very heavily and in the process of complete immersion, i definitely let 3 happen to me. in fact, i think it's natural for 3 to happen to those who do go a bit nuts studying for this test and i think that it can be helpful. for chrissakes, i thought of myself as an lsat hermit.

2 is seems to be a manifestation of insecurity. i think that's definitely gonna weigh down on you and perhaps induce a poor performance because you're placing so much pressure on your goddamn self (which is unnecessary since there's so much pressure to begin with) but i was guilty of wanting to do well for pride's sake as well. (personally, i think pride and insecurity are really just two sides of the same coin) more importantly though, pride can push you as easily as it can cripple you so it would make sense that the more important thing is to realize where the pushing stops and the crippling starts. but, in my opinion, everyone is prideful to some degree.

i think 1 was a pretty bad idea though. it's important to be grounded while studying. being as realistic about your test taking (i.e. not cheating on time, having an accurate gauge of what you know vs what you don't, just being honest with yourself and NOT fantasizing) is pretty important. and when a person is honest with themselves then they should know what the bottom end of their range is, especially when they've done 30+ tests. but i suppose i could be wrong.

Elms

Bronze

Post by Elms » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:46 pm

Hey, I'm sorry you didn't do as well as you had hoped. The good thing is that next time you test you will have something you didn't have this time- actual LSAT administration experience. I think that will help a lot with nerves and such.

Good luck in December!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”