Which LR was experimental??

User avatar
gemadness
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:33 pm

I dont remember that one. My section 3 had a parallel reasoning flaw question comparing computers and brains, it was second to last. I hope that section was experimental....

GHH923
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby GHH923 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:33 pm

.
Last edited by GHH923 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wraaaa
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:23 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby wraaaa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:34 pm

GHH923 wrote:
wraaaa wrote:I had a parallel flaw question about all candidates running for mayor being small business owners and most small business owners had skills to be a good mayor. I usually find parallel questions to be my strong suit but coudln't even figure out the flaw in this one. It was in my section 3. I'm hoping that was the expiremental section. Anyone not remember this question?


Was this towards the end of the section? +20 perhaps?


Yeah 21 I think.

User avatar
pretentious ug
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:35 pm

JackP wrote:Does anyone remember the Socrates question? Was that a parallel reasoning? I don't really recall the question...


Not parallel. Crude paraphrase: Aristophanes wrote a play called Clouds where Socrates is portrayed as an atheist. Play was written when Socrates was 40. Everything else written about Socrates was written after he was 70 and portrayed him as a theist.

Resolve the paradox.

CR = he was an atheist at 40, found God before he turned 70

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby LSATfromNC » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Yes, and a pure guess for me. I had 5 minutes left for the last four, so I focused on the easiest 2 for me.

User avatar
gemadness
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:36 pm

I think I had that in sec. 1

jwakelin
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby jwakelin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:38 pm

alirod12 wrote:The blood pressure/physiological/anger one was my 1st section. My test was:

1-LR
2-RC
3-LR
4-LR
5-LG

I am very familiar with this test and found my 1st section to be very weird, as in it just didn't feel right. I'm gonna go with section 1 was experimental, and I'm very confident about that.


It sounds like there were two different 1-3-4 formats, one in which all three were 25 Qs and one in which there was a 26 Q LR.

I had:

1. LR (25)
2. RC (27)
3. LR (25)
4. LR (25)
5. LG (23)

and I had blood pressure/anger on the 1st one...I'd love for this to be the exp. section as I ran out of time, which I never do. Did anyone NOT have the blood pressure/anger question?

User avatar
hous
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:53 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:38 pm

pretentious ug wrote:
JackP wrote:Does anyone remember the Socrates question? Was that a parallel reasoning? I don't really recall the question...


Not parallel. Crude paraphrase: Aristophanes wrote a play called Clouds where Socrates is portrayed as an atheist. Play was written when Socrates was 40. Everything else written about Socrates was written after he was 70 and portrayed him as a theist.

Resolve the paradox.

CR = he was an atheist at 40, found God before he turned 70


I think this was section 3, question 1.

rainmaker614
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Gh- If someone who didn't have an experimental LR seen the limestone question then the third section wouldn't be experimental and the first one would. So yeah, it does help.

milymo
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby milymo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:39 pm

jwakelin wrote:
alirod12 wrote:The blood pressure/physiological/anger one was my 1st section. My test was:

1-LR
2-RC
3-LR
4-LR
5-LG

I am very familiar with this test and found my 1st section to be very weird, as in it just didn't feel right. I'm gonna go with section 1 was experimental, and I'm very confident about that.


It sounds like there were two different 1-3-4 formats, one in which all three were 25 Qs and one in which there was a 26 Q LR.

I had:

1. LR (25)
2. RC (27)
3. LR (25)
4. LR (25)
5. LG (23)

and I had blood pressure/anger on the 1st one...I'd love for this to be the exp. section as I ran out of time, which I never do. Did anyone NOT have the blood pressure/anger question?


I had the BP/anger question and I did not have an LR experimental... so that one was real. Sorry.

GHH923
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby GHH923 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:40 pm

.
Last edited by GHH923 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acegott1
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby acegott1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:40 pm

For the one about emails there was two problems that ask for the maximum possibilites and the answer choices was between 0 and 5. Does anyone remember what question came first (i think it was the second one in that game). The only question i remembered was the one asking the maximum between L's. was this the first one maximum possiblity or the second one in that game

User avatar
jennifer1
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby jennifer1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:43 pm

This may have been answered already, but I pulled an all nighter last night and am quite delirious.

So for those of us who had the LR experimental, our sections should all be in the same order? So if my experimental was LR section 1, everyone with LR exp had section 1 as experimental? Can this be switched? Is LSAC that evil?

No one remembers the Newton gravitational force question?? It was the very last question in section 3 for me (I had 1. LR, 2. RC, 3. LR, 4. LR, 5. LG), which I'm hoping for dear life is a scored section. I don't really remember any other questions in terms of section #s.

User avatar
kyle
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby kyle » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:45 pm

pretentious ug wrote:
JackP wrote:Does anyone remember the Socrates question? Was that a parallel reasoning? I don't really recall the question...


Not parallel. Crude paraphrase: Aristophanes wrote a play called Clouds where Socrates is portrayed as an atheist. Play was written when Socrates was 40. Everything else written about Socrates was written after he was 70 and portrayed him as a theist.

Resolve the paradox.

CR = he was an atheist at 40, found God before he turned 70



as a lover of socrates i personally found this answer offensive, and spent way too much time on this question because i could not believe that this would be the answer. i picked it, but was not happy about it!

User avatar
pretentious ug
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:45 pm

acegott1 wrote:For the one about emails there was two problems that ask for the maximum possibilites and the answer choices was between 0 and 5. Does anyone remember what question came first (i think it was the second one in that game). The only question i remembered was the one asking the maximum between L's. was this the first one maximum possiblity or the second one in that game


I was about to respond to this on the thread that just disappeared. I'm pretty sure the L one was the second question. I'm also pretty sure the answer was 1, not 0 like some other people were saying:

H J L J L H

User avatar
pretentious ug
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:46 pm

kyle wrote:
pretentious ug wrote:
JackP wrote:Does anyone remember the Socrates question? Was that a parallel reasoning? I don't really recall the question...


Not parallel. Crude paraphrase: Aristophanes wrote a play called Clouds where Socrates is portrayed as an atheist. Play was written when Socrates was 40. Everything else written about Socrates was written after he was 70 and portrayed him as a theist.

Resolve the paradox.

CR = he was an atheist at 40, found God before he turned 70



as a lover of socrates i personally found this answer offensive, and spent way too much time on this question because i could not believe that this would be the answer. i picked it, but was not happy about it!


HAHA dude me too! I had to fucking hold my nose when I bubbled that shit.

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby joobacca » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:47 pm

dude, i posted it
word

i was really confused

i redid the problem from memory and couldn't figure out what was wrong

but a lot of poeple are saying it's 0... which doesn't inherently mean jack squat, but it does concern me greatly

User avatar
pretentious ug
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:48 pm

Does anyone remember what the last 3 CRs were for the last game in LG? the one with the 4 destinations and the 4 people on the bus?

User avatar
hous
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:53 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

pretentious ug wrote:
acegott1 wrote:For the one about emails there was two problems that ask for the maximum possibilites and the answer choices was between 0 and 5. Does anyone remember what question came first (i think it was the second one in that game). The only question i remembered was the one asking the maximum between L's. was this the first one maximum possiblity or the second one in that game


I was about to respond to this on the thread that just disappeared. I'm pretty sure the L one was the second question. I'm also pretty sure the answer was 1, not 0 like some other people were saying:

H J L J L H


I recall working this out, one solution had a space of 1 the other 0, so answer was 1.

User avatar
pamplona
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:51 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby pamplona » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

GHH923 wrote:
wraaaa wrote:I had a parallel flaw question about all candidates running for mayor being small business owners and most small business owners had skills to be a good mayor. I usually find parallel questions to be my strong suit but coudln't even figure out the flaw in this one. It was in my section 3. I'm hoping that was the expiremental section. Anyone not remember this question?


Was this towards the end of the section? +20 perhaps?


I had 3 LR's and do not believe I remember this question. I also do not remember Newton. Am I crazy? Can you expand on the question, maybe I'll remember it?

User avatar
Lilith
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:43 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby Lilith » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Did any of you have an experimental LG section? I did. :(

It was:
1. LG
2. LR
3. RC
4. LG
5. LR

The last thing I wanted to see when I opened the booklet was an LG section. It was pretty tough, so I'm hoping it was the experimental.

User avatar
alirod12
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby alirod12 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:50 pm

wraaaa wrote:I had a parallel flaw question about all candidates running for mayor being small business owners and most small business owners had skills to be a good mayor. I usually find parallel questions to be my strong suit but coudln't even figure out the flaw in this one. It was in my section 3. I'm hoping that was the expiremental section. Anyone not remember this question?

I am positive that I did not have this question anywhere on my test.

User avatar
pretentious ug
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:50 pm

hous wrote:
pretentious ug wrote:
acegott1 wrote:For the one about emails there was two problems that ask for the maximum possibilites and the answer choices was between 0 and 5. Does anyone remember what question came first (i think it was the second one in that game). The only question i remembered was the one asking the maximum between L's. was this the first one maximum possiblity or the second one in that game


I was about to respond to this on the thread that just disappeared. I'm pretty sure the L one was the second question. I'm also pretty sure the answer was 1, not 0 like some other people were saying:

H J L J L H


I recall working this out, one solution had a space of 1 the other 0, so answer was 1.


I don't think I got 0 for either, but I really don't remember the other question.

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby joobacca » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:51 pm

I think the VERY LAST question of LG was D

and second to last... i can't remember... maybe E?

jwakelin
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby jwakelin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:51 pm

pretentious ug wrote:Does anyone remember what the last 3 CRs were for the last game in LG? the one with the 4 destinations and the 4 people on the bus?


One was something like "if Greg is on the bus until both S and LA, not necessarily in that order, and Greg gets off second, then what else must also be true?" and the answer was that Rosa was on the bus until S, since she had to be on the bus until M no matter what.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests