Which LR was experimental??

Raz14
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby Raz14 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:58 pm

idespisethelsat wrote:I had the Socrates question and my experimental was RC.. so that section was real


Did you have multiple questions that were linked together and connected to only one stimulus?

User avatar
Croissant
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:57 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby Croissant » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:59 pm

CCA wrote:
moontavern22 wrote:the number of ?'s for the LR sections was 24 - 26 - 25. do you remember how many ?'s were on your test?


I think I had 25 for all of them



I also had 25 for all three. That's really strange that they would make it uneven for other testtakers.

idespisethelsat
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby idespisethelsat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Raz14 wrote:
idespisethelsat wrote:I had the Socrates question and my experimental was RC.. so that section was real


Did you have multiple questions that were linked together and connected to only one stimulus?
No.

CCA
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:43 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby CCA » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Raz14 wrote:
idespisethelsat wrote:I had the Socrates question and my experimental was RC.. so that section was real


Did you have multiple questions that were linked together and connected to only one stimulus?


Was that the same section that had the very long easy question about not increasing demand for something? I think that was 3 and the experimental.

User avatar
hous
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:53 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:00 pm

idespisethelsat wrote:I had the Socrates question and my experimental was RC.. so that section was real



holla lulla!

I was most confident on that one.

I hope first was exper.

25LR 27RC 25LR 25LR 23LG

moontavern22
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:55 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby moontavern22 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 pm

idespise, do you recall having a LR section with 26 questions?

idespisethelsat
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby idespisethelsat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 pm

moontavern22 wrote:idespise, do you recall having a LR section with 26 questions?
Yup, I did

Raz14
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby Raz14 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Yes. Which was section 3 for me. Section 1, with brains/computers and blood pressure, and 25 questions, was the real deal. Easier section 3 was not unfortunately.

lsatcracker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby lsatcracker » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:02 pm

the 4th - socrates section, if convention holds is definately not experimental. and i had 1st - wth 25 question and 3rd wth 26 questions. so the question is whether the 1st wth 25 was experimental or the 3rd wth 26 questions was. i am hoping the 3rd with 26 questions is exp...
Last edited by lsatcracker on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hous
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:53 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Raz14 wrote:
idespisethelsat wrote:I had the Socrates question and my experimental was RC.. so that section was real


Did you have multiple questions that were linked together and connected to only one stimulus?


I dont think I had a single one of these dual questions and I had 3 LR sections.

User avatar
hous
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:53 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 pm

lsatcracker wrote:the 3rd - socrates section, if convention holds is definately not experimental. and i had 1st - wth 25 question and 3rd wth 26 questions. so the question is whether the 1st wth 25 was experimental or the 3rd wth 26 questions was. i am hoping the 3rd with 26 questions is exp...



I didnt have any LR section with 26 questions, so that was your exper.

User avatar
jennifer1
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby jennifer1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 pm

I don't remember which section Socrates was for me. Is it the one with the Newton/gravitational force question? Please tell me that was the real deal...

User avatar
Aimbo
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby Aimbo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:08 pm

the blood pressure/anger/heart disease one was real unfortunately.

The section you guys had with multiple questions on a single stimulus must have been the experimental as this was not on my exam! Every question for the two sections that count in this exam had only one question per stimulus!

Mikey1
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby Mikey1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Croissant wrote:
Mike295855 wrote:All of us have said that we had LR for 1, 3, and 4. Could it be, though, that the LSAC would switch around for some test-takes which LR is experimental or is it uniform across? In other words, some may have had LR1 be exp while others had LR3 be the experimental.



Definitely. The guy next to me started with a different section than I did, with LG, but I had LR for 1, 2, and 3, then LG, then RC.


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

User avatar
ObLaDiObLaDa
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:27 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby ObLaDiObLaDa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:13 pm

My roommate and I are trying to figure this out.

The heart/blood pressure/psychological one was real. The brain/computer was real.

rainmaker614
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:18 pm

I also had: 1. LR 2.RC 3.LR 4.LR 5.LG

Obviously, one of the first 2 LR's are experimental. The 2nd LR section (Section 3/5) was MUCH easier and "normal" than the first section. The Socrates section was the 4th/6 section and the first section was fairly odd. Some difficult questions were up at the begining (unusual) and one or a few parralel questions were up front too (I think). I hope the 1st section was experimental because it was a lot more time consuming. It was unusual so I hope that confirms it. As for the different forms, yes there are different forms but if someone has the 3 LR sections in the order that I stated above, then there is the sections are in the same order. I am also pretty sure that there are a few "odd ball" ordered tests but it seems like all of us have the standard forms. And none of my sections had the multiple questions per stimulus thing going on.

Which section was the heart/anger one?

(Please let the first section be experimental!!!)

Also, what do you guys think the grading scale will be? -10=170?

CCA
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:43 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby CCA » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:20 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:I also had: 1. LR 2.RC 3.LR 4.LR 5.LG

Obviously, one of the first 2 LR's are experimental. The 2nd LR section (Section 3/5) was MUCH easier and "normal" than the first section. The Socrates section was the 4th/6 section and the first section was fairly odd. Some difficult questions were up at the begining (unusual) and one or a few parralel questions were up front too (I think). I hope the 1st section was experimental because it was a lot more time consuming. It was unusual so I hope that confirms it. As for the different forms, yes there are different forms but if someone has the 3 LR sections in the order that I stated above, then there is the sections are in the same order. I am also pretty sure that there are a few "odd ball" ordered tests but it seems like all of us have the standard forms.

(Please let the first section be experimental!!!)

Also, what do you guys think the grading scale will be? -10=170?


The first was not the experimenetal. I was also hoping for that but the third was just too easy

User avatar
hous
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:53 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 pm

CCA wrote:
rainmaker614 wrote:I also had: 1. LR 2.RC 3.LR 4.LR 5.LG

Obviously, one of the first 2 LR's are experimental. The 2nd LR section (Section 3/5) was MUCH easier and "normal" than the first section. The Socrates section was the 4th/6 section and the first section was fairly odd. Some difficult questions were up at the begining (unusual) and one or a few parralel questions were up front too (I think). I hope the 1st section was experimental because it was a lot more time consuming. It was unusual so I hope that confirms it. As for the different forms, yes there are different forms but if someone has the 3 LR sections in the order that I stated above, then there is the sections are in the same order. I am also pretty sure that there are a few "odd ball" ordered tests but it seems like all of us have the standard forms.

(Please let the first section be experimental!!!)

Also, what do you guys think the grading scale will be? -10=170?


The first was not the experimenetal. I was also hoping for that but the third was just too easy


Which were on the third, I dont remember. I remember it being easy though.

User avatar
pamplona
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:51 am

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby pamplona » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:27 pm

I had blood pressure and brain computer, but no Newton/gravitational force.
1: LR 2: LR 3:RC 4:LR 5:LG (I think)

Was this a hard test? My brain is so dead I kinda can't even tell.

MMaldonado
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:49 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby MMaldonado » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Croissant wrote:Definitely. The guy next to me started with a different section than I did, with LG, but I had LR for 1, 2, and 3, then LG, then RC.



I will have a joy-gasm if I have 3 LR sections when I take the test in December. It IS brutal opening the test with all 3 LR sections though. I bet you felt like you were floating around in Purgatory at that point, didn't you? :lol:

moontavern22
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:55 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby moontavern22 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:30 pm

nothing about Newton on mine...there seems to be consensus about a LR section with 26 questions, and for me that would be the 3rd section was the real one....I had LR RC LR LR LG...

idespisethelsat
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby idespisethelsat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:33 pm

Nothing about Newton for me as well. Again, RC was my experimental.

One of my LR's also had a formal logic question about poetry and originality or something that was the last question of a section (no.26 I believe)

User avatar
gk101
Posts: 3690
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby gk101 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:34 pm

I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG ( my second worst nightmare come true) The second LR had 26 questions, please tell me that was the experimental.. I was not confident on that section

User avatar
gemadness
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:37 pm

I had LR in 1 3 and 4 also

I really thought 3 was experimental because the questions were really long and some were tough

lsatcracker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby lsatcracker » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:38 pm

so if the 3rd section (2nd lr) is expr. then the 2 real lr sections had 25 questions each and 27rc and 23lg... so this was a 100 question test. do we agree?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”