Postby milymo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:51 pm

BLueL0tus wrote:Did any of you have an experimental LG section? I did. :(

It was:
1. LG
2. LR
3. RC
4. LG
5. LR

The last thing I wanted to see when I opened the booklet was an LG section. It was pretty tough, so I'm hoping it was the experimental.

I also had this format. I believe the first games section was experimental. It had a game about hats and it was horrible.

LSATfromNC

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Postby LSATfromNC » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Was the limestone question in part 3? involves quartz granite and home dwellings.

banksie

Postby banksie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:55 pm

milymo wrote:

It was:
1. LG
2. LR
3. RC
4. LG
5. LR

The last thing I wanted to see when I opened the booklet was an LG section. It was pretty tough, so I'm hoping it was the experimental.

I also had this format. I believe the first games section was experimental. It had a game about hats and it was horrible.

Yah I had the experimental LG with the goofy hats too, silly fedoras and tams.

(go Mercer!)

rainmaker614

Postby rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Ok, update. The limestone dwellings question (I had this in 3 most likely) is REAL-confirmed by someone that didn't have the LR exp. So this means the first LR was exp.

The only other thing that i know for A FACT is that the first section for me had a question about presoaking beans... Did anyone without an LR experimental have that question?

Also, other people with LR RC LR LR LG.... was this the first question on which section for you? This should decide whether there were really 2 LR experimental forms

Diana341

Postby Diana341 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Raz14 wrote:The reason I think 3 was exp. was because it had 4 or 6 questions where the same stimulus was used for 2 questions, something I haven't seen in a while. Does anyone who did not have the experimental have this setup?

This is why I think 3 was experimental. Recent LSATs haven't used the same stimulus for 2 questions in a while.

youngkookpark

Postby youngkookpark » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:57 pm

banksie wrote:
milymo wrote:

It was:
1. LG
2. LR
3. RC
4. LG
5. LR

Yah I had the experimental LG with the goofy hats too, silly fedoras and tams.

(go Mercer!)

i know there is allegedy no "wrong" answer for the writing response, but Mercer was the wrong answer

milymo

Postby milymo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:58 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:Ok, update. The limestone dwellings question (I had this in 3 most likely) is REAL-confirmed by someone that didn't have the LR exp. So this means the first LR was exp.

The only other thing that i know for A FACT is that the first section for me had a question about presoaking beans... Did anyone without an LR experimental have that question?

Also, other people with LR RC LR LR LG.... was this the first question on which section for you? This should decide whether there were really 2 LR experimental forms

I had the question about presoaking beans and I did not have experimental LR. Presoaked beans are the real deal.

GHH923

Postby GHH923 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:59 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:Ok, update. The limestone dwellings question (I had this in 3 most likely) is REAL-confirmed by someone that didn't have the LR exp. So this means the first LR was exp.

Yes I remember early in the test I had a magical fruit question as well.

Edit: Gun to my head I'd say it was the 1st.

rainmaker614

Postby rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:59 pm

So that pretty much ends it. I just have to hope for the best now..... because for a fact the first LR section was experimental if that's true.....

pamplona

Postby pamplona » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:07 pm

I had 3 LR's and had both presoaking beans and limestone dwellings. I had one games section and no hats.
So which one was experimental???

Ps Mercer was wrong? Houhhh why?? Mercer is SO CONVENIENT!!

summertimechi

Postby summertimechi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:08 pm

pamplona wrote:

I had 3 LR's and had both presoaking beans and limestone dwellings. I had one games section and no hats.
So which one was experimental???

Ps Mercer was wrong? Houhhh why?? Mercer is SO CONVENIENT!!

hell yea, mercer was the shit

Flash31

Postby Flash31 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:10 pm

It was so easy to make a legit argument for Mercer!

mercer is LEGIT, if I had a kid, I'd send him/her there
Last edited by Flash31 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milymo

Postby milymo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Butte, baby!

JustWannaGetIn

Postby JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Yeah MERCER --> convenient and structured programs for little shy ANA!! optional programs at Butte means she won't apply herself...lololol i laughed when I read this writing sample....praying to God that section 1 (i had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG...first LR had "presoaked beans"... I spent way too much time on that question too...too much nerves)

youngkookpark

Postby youngkookpark » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:14 pm

no way

Mercer is just wrong

i'd write my argument, but i'm too tired

Flash31

Postby Flash31 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:14 pm

JustWannaGetIn wrote:Yeah MERCER --> convenient and structured programs for little shy ANA!! optional programs at Butte means she won't apply herself...lololol i laughed when I read this writing sample....praying to God that section 1 (i had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG...first LR had "presoaked beans"... I spent way too much time on that question too...too much nerves)

Did all 3 of your LR have 25 questions????

If so, I believe that is the experimental section. My section 3, LR-26....I think that was the first question

pamplona

Postby pamplona » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:16 pm

I agree completely. Ana needs those small groups! Putting her in a big class where she's herded around in a big group with everyone else is all wrong for her. Who cares if Pablo's down the hall, plus having her best friend there is going to make her not make friends with anyone else.
MERCER FOR PRESIDENT 2008 GOSH

JustWannaGetIn

Postby JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:17 pm

i didn't keep track of the # of questions...wish I did...I just got so caught up with that first LR that I forgot to keep track. My friend just told me that LR 3 (the one without the presoking beans) had 26 questions...which according to her means LR 3 was real...:-(

pamplona

Postby pamplona » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:18 pm

JustWannaGetIn wrote:i didn't keep track of the # of questions...wish I did...I just got so caught up with that first LR that I forgot to keep track. My friend just told me that LR 3 (the one without the presoking beans) had 26 questions...which according to her means LR 3 was real...:-(

Phew. If 1 was real I'd just keel over right now. Wasn't 1 so weird? Maybe it was just my nerves...

JustWannaGetIn

Postby JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:19 pm

pamplona wrote:I agree completely. Ana needs those small groups! Putting her in a big class where she's herded around in a big group with everyone else is all wrong for her. Who cares if Pablo's down the hall, plus having her best friend there is going to make her not make friends with anyone else.
MERCER FOR PRESIDENT 2008 GOSH

LOLOL I wanted to write something to that effect regarding Pablo!!! but of course I kept my composure and did not. But that was exactly what I had running in my head when I read the facts about Pablo...

Beet

Postby Beet » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:19 pm

I'm an idiot. I decided that Mercer would be better for the reasons pamplona mentioned... but then I got the two confused and wrote out an argument for why going to a school with a parking lot and buses would be better. Then when I looked back I realized I was stuck with Butte. So I had to write some bullshit about how Mercer would probably have a bully and Ana was better off not being forced to interact.

jtl2008

Postby jtl2008 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Did everyone have the question about tv advertisements and people under 25? Does anyone remember what they put?

JustWannaGetIn

Postby JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:20 pm

pamplona wrote:
JustWannaGetIn wrote:i didn't keep track of the # of questions...wish I did...I just got so caught up with that first LR that I forgot to keep track. My friend just told me that LR 3 (the one without the presoking beans) had 26 questions...which according to her means LR 3 was real...:-(

Phew. If 1 was real I'd just keel over right now. Wasn't 1 so weird? Maybe it was just my nerves...

Wait does that mean you want LR 1 (the one with the beans) to be real or the experimental. I really lost it in that section....may have to cancel

Flash31

Postby Flash31 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:21 pm

DEAR GOD!! I seriously hope your friend was mistaking...

If that's the case, then we have a 101 point exam.

Section2 RC: 27, 3LR: 26, 4LR: 25, 5:LG 23

PLEASE GOD PLEASE!!! NOOOOOOOOOO
Last edited by Flash31 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustWannaGetIn

Postby JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Beet wrote:I'm an idiot. I decided that Mercer would be better for the reasons pamplona mentioned... but then I got the two confused and wrote out an argument for why going to a school with a parking lot and buses would be better. Then when I looked back I realized I was stuck with Butte. So I had to write some bullshit about how Mercer would probably have a bully and Ana was better off not being forced to interact.

Don't worry about it...a professor of mine is good friends with a dean at a T10 law school and when she asked the dean what they do with the writing samples the dean looked at her and asked "the personal statement?" She said "no the writing sample on the lsat" and the dean gave her a funny look and told her "nothing, unless the student is a foreign student." The writing sample is basically testing your knowledge of the english language and writing skills for those whose primary language is NOT english...so dont' worry

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”