Which LR was experimental?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ohiostate3

New

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Post by ohiostate3 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am

anyone have LR (26) - LG (23) - LR (26) - RC (27) - LR (25)??????????????

Scythron

New

Post by Scythron » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:24 am

CCA wrote:Did you not have the one with blood pressure and anger, then heart disease being caused by psychological factors? I hope that section was the experiemental.
no, i only had 2 LRs and that one was of them for me.

trayball23

Bronze

Post by trayball23 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:14 pm

my test went 100 percent RC,LR25,LR25,LG,LR26 so either some1 counted wrong or the sec 5 was expert

DrackedaryMaster

Bronze

Post by DrackedaryMaster » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:18 pm

It's easy to see what's going on here: there were two LR experimentals. Some people got the one with (26) while others got the one with (25).

You know what, next year, if this experiemental ever gets disclosed on a Real LSAT and I feel pi$$y about my score, I'm going to remember to check my released bubble sheet and see how many I actually missed and whether or not it made a difference or not in what my final score would have been had it counted. (of course this only works if these experiments go on a future Dec, Jun, or Sept disclosed test)

BrownBears09

Bronze

Post by BrownBears09 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:19 pm

DrackedaryMaster wrote:It's easy to see what's going on here: there were two LR experimentals. Some people got the one with (26) while others got the one with (25).

You know what, next year, if this experiemental ever gets disclosed on a Real LSAT and I feel pi$$y about my score, I'm going to remember to check my released bubble sheet and see how many I actually missed and whether or not it made a difference or not in what my final score would have been had it counted. (of course this only works if these experiments go on a future Dec, Jun, or Sept disclosed test)
Is it that easy if the LR(25)s were mixed in some instances? That would make life a bit more difficult, no?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lele2010

New

Post by lele2010 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:03 am

what?
I had 3 sections as well
25-26-25
but can't remember anything abt blood/heart or brain/computer
do you guys have any starting from two different definition of "right?"
ObLaDiObLaDa wrote:My roommate and I are trying to figure this out.

The heart/blood pressure/psychological one was real. The brain/computer was real.

lele2010

New

Post by lele2010 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:14 am

unfortunately, I had the one with oil and water... I don't thinK i hv presoaked beans, any more clues?
johnnyg7 wrote:
ralsh wrote:I'm pretty confident the presoaked beans section was real. It was my section 1. Section 3 was my second LR section, and I'm almost positive it was experimental, for a reason I posted on another thread but will repost here. . . .

I talked with two friends who also took the test today, and neither of them had the following LR question, leading me to believe it was in the experimental section: It was about seals who had been hurt or poisoned in some way by oil. It had a lot of numbers and percentages in it. And the question prompt was one like: "Which one of the following questions, if answered, would do most to evaluate the argument's conclusion?"
Presoaked beans was real!

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 am

I was just browsing through this thread, and I seriously don't remember a question on pre-soaked beans. At all. Whatsoever. Either I skipped this question (unlikely, since I double checked bubbling on all sections, I believe) or I just didn't have it? And I had three LR sections, so it's weird I wouldn't have had it if it were real? That's so weird.

Maybe it was one of the first couple questions as I don't remember those as well.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:58 am

eit wrote:I was just browsing through this thread, and I seriously don't remember a question on pre-soaked beans. At all. Whatsoever. Either I skipped this question (unlikely, since I double checked bubbling on all sections, I believe) or I just didn't have it? And I had three LR sections, so it's weird I wouldn't have had it if it were real? That's so weird.

Maybe it was one of the first couple questions as I don't remember those as well.
Is it possible that the experimental is different even among RC LR LR... tests?

I had that line up and did not have anything on pre-soaked beans- unless I completely blacked out on that, which is possible.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 am

minnbills wrote:
eit wrote:I was just browsing through this thread, and I seriously don't remember a question on pre-soaked beans. At all. Whatsoever. Either I skipped this question (unlikely, since I double checked bubbling on all sections, I believe) or I just didn't have it? And I had three LR sections, so it's weird I wouldn't have had it if it were real? That's so weird.

Is it possible that the experimental is different even among RC LR LR... tests?

I had that line up and did not have anything on pre-soaked beans- unless I completely blacked out on that, which is possible.
Seriously. Every other question I had that people mention is ringing a bell. PRE SOAKED BEANS? No. It's not like I remember every question (far from it) but when people mention them, I'm like, oh yes... but no.

I'm only fairly certain that mine was experimental because my friend didn't have the question about Van Isle on it and we live on Van Isle so the chances of her not noticing that would be very, very low indeed. ANd she didn't have an LR experimental.

thegovernor

New

Post by thegovernor » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:05 am

i need to confirm once and for all for those who had rc lr lr lg lr. Did anyone who had an rc or lg experimental have the question that made an analogy between bacteria and antibiotics to that of a chef and preparing meals for guests? that was on my sect 3 and i think that corresponds to lr rc lr lg lr sect 1.

jr007i

New

Post by jr007i » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:08 am

I had an LR section with a condition question regarding the increasing/decreasing of at least three subjects: congestion, store profits, living ability/or something another. Anyone know if this section was real., I had three LR's

winc

New

Post by winc » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 am

I had RC LR LR LG LR.

Really hope the the second LR 3rd section is the experimental. I remember for the 25th question of the first LR about comparing two univeristy buget. anybody get that question?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mdmacmanus

New

Post by mdmacmanus » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:43 am

moontavern22 wrote:the number of ?'s for the LR sections was 24 - 26 - 25. do you remember how many ?'s were on your test?

I had an experimental LR but I had 2 sections with 25 and the 3rd LR (after the break) had 26 questions. So yours with 24 would be exp.

logicgamesbrah

New

Post by logicgamesbrah » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm sorry didn't have time to read this topic have to go to work.

For anyone that got RC LR LR LG LR do you know which one is experimental? please god be the 3rd section

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:54 pm

winc wrote:I had RC LR LR LG LR.

Really hope the the second LR 3rd section is the experimental. I remember for the 25th question of the first LR about comparing two univeristy buget. anybody get that question?
I'm with ya on that one. I killed the 2nd and 5th sections, but the third kicked my ass haha. I think the board concensus is that the EXP. was the 2nd section on the RC LR LR LG LR test. Bummer... We'll know for sure when the scores actually come back.

The thing is, while it looks pretty likely that the 2nd section was exp, I won't believe it til I see it.

jonillson

New

Post by jonillson » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 pm

RC LR LR LG LR

the last question in section 3 (LR #2) revolved around university presidents (not budgets). do we know that this section was scored? section 2 (LR #1) was an absolute bear; i don't even recall finishing, and i am fairly strong on LR.

am hoping section 2 (LR #1) was the experimental, which seems to be the consensus on the board.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:57 pm

jonillson wrote:RC LR LR LG LR

the last question in section 3 (LR #2) revolved around university presidents (not budgets). do we know that this section was scored? section 2 (LR #1) was an absolute bear; i don't even recall finishing, and i am fairly strong on LR.

am hoping section 2 (LR #1) was the experimental, which seems to be the consensus on the board.
OK there's some confusion here. I thought that sec. 3 (LR2) was the experimental? And to me, it felt like Sec 2 (LR 1) was very very easy, with the third one being difficult. Is it possible we're talking about the same sections... and that they were just switched even among the RC LR LR LG LR setup?

Snoring Meatball

Bronze

Post by Snoring Meatball » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Pages 1-6 of this thread are not about the Oct 2010 test.

jr007i

New

Post by jr007i » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:51 pm

idespisethelsat wrote:My experimental was a RC so maybe I can help with which LR's were real for you guys... one section had a parallel question about brains being considered computers... can't think of any specific questions from the other section.. my brain is mush right now

Did you have a conditional/contrapositive question in the LR about traffic congestion, local store profits, living standard, and I think one other subject. It was the type of question where if x increases b decreases, if b increases c decreases. What can you infer from this?

jbjlaw

New

Post by jbjlaw » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:57 pm

LR
LR
RC
LR
LG

Which LR was experimental?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Snoring Meatball wrote:Pages 1-6 of this thread are not about the Oct 2010 test.

Yes, this explains the beans. LOL.....

ffonsok

New

Post by ffonsok » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:20 pm

yea for real. I saw the presoaked beans on an old PT. LOL.

sangr

Bronze

Post by sangr » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:53 pm

can someone PLEASE tell me if the section with the anti biotics analogy qusetion to chef was something they got? and if they think its exp or real?

if this is not allowed to be posted please let me know ill erase ASAP

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”