Which LR was experimental?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gemadness

New

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Post by gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:33 pm

I dont remember that one. My section 3 had a parallel reasoning flaw question comparing computers and brains, it was second to last. I hope that section was experimental....

GHH923

New

Post by GHH923 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:33 pm

Last edited by GHH923 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wraaaa

New

Post by wraaaa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:34 pm

GHH923 wrote:
wraaaa wrote:I had a parallel flaw question about all candidates running for mayor being small business owners and most small business owners had skills to be a good mayor. I usually find parallel questions to be my strong suit but coudln't even figure out the flaw in this one. It was in my section 3. I'm hoping that was the expiremental section. Anyone not remember this question?
Was this towards the end of the section? +20 perhaps?
Yeah 21 I think.

pretentious ug

New

Post by pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:35 pm

JackP wrote:Does anyone remember the Socrates question? Was that a parallel reasoning? I don't really recall the question...
Not parallel. Crude paraphrase: Aristophanes wrote a play called Clouds where Socrates is portrayed as an atheist. Play was written when Socrates was 40. Everything else written about Socrates was written after he was 70 and portrayed him as a theist.

Resolve the paradox.

CR = he was an atheist at 40, found God before he turned 70

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Yes, and a pure guess for me. I had 5 minutes left for the last four, so I focused on the easiest 2 for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gemadness

New

Post by gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:36 pm

I think I had that in sec. 1

jwakelin

New

Post by jwakelin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:38 pm

alirod12 wrote:The blood pressure/physiological/anger one was my 1st section. My test was:

1-LR
2-RC
3-LR
4-LR
5-LG

I am very familiar with this test and found my 1st section to be very weird, as in it just didn't feel right. I'm gonna go with section 1 was experimental, and I'm very confident about that.
It sounds like there were two different 1-3-4 formats, one in which all three were 25 Qs and one in which there was a 26 Q LR.

I had:

1. LR (25)
2. RC (27)
3. LR (25)
4. LR (25)
5. LG (23)

and I had blood pressure/anger on the 1st one...I'd love for this to be the exp. section as I ran out of time, which I never do. Did anyone NOT have the blood pressure/anger question?

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:38 pm

pretentious ug wrote:
JackP wrote:Does anyone remember the Socrates question? Was that a parallel reasoning? I don't really recall the question...
Not parallel. Crude paraphrase: Aristophanes wrote a play called Clouds where Socrates is portrayed as an atheist. Play was written when Socrates was 40. Everything else written about Socrates was written after he was 70 and portrayed him as a theist.

Resolve the paradox.

I think this was section 3, question 1.

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Gh- If someone who didn't have an experimental LR seen the limestone question then the third section wouldn't be experimental and the first one would. So yeah, it does help.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

milymo

New

Post by milymo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:39 pm

jwakelin wrote:
alirod12 wrote:The blood pressure/physiological/anger one was my 1st section. My test was:

1-LR
2-RC
3-LR
4-LR
5-LG

I am very familiar with this test and found my 1st section to be very weird, as in it just didn't feel right. I'm gonna go with section 1 was experimental, and I'm very confident about that.
It sounds like there were two different 1-3-4 formats, one in which all three were 25 Qs and one in which there was a 26 Q LR.

I had:

1. LR (25)
2. RC (27)
3. LR (25)
4. LR (25)
5. LG (23)

and I had blood pressure/anger on the 1st one...I'd love for this to be the exp. section as I ran out of time, which I never do. Did anyone NOT have the blood pressure/anger question?
I had the BP/anger question and I did not have an LR experimental... so that one was real. Sorry.

GHH923

New

Post by GHH923 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:40 pm

Last edited by GHH923 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acegott1

New

Post by acegott1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:40 pm

For the one about emails there was two problems that ask for the maximum possibilites and the answer choices was between 0 and 5. Does anyone remember what question came first (i think it was the second one in that game). The only question i remembered was the one asking the maximum between L's. was this the first one maximum possiblity or the second one in that game

jennifer1

New

Post by jennifer1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:43 pm

This may have been answered already, but I pulled an all nighter last night and am quite delirious.

So for those of us who had the LR experimental, our sections should all be in the same order? So if my experimental was LR section 1, everyone with LR exp had section 1 as experimental? Can this be switched? Is LSAC that evil?

No one remembers the Newton gravitational force question?? It was the very last question in section 3 for me (I had 1. LR, 2. RC, 3. LR, 4. LR, 5. LG), which I'm hoping for dear life is a scored section. I don't really remember any other questions in terms of section #s.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kyle

New

Post by kyle » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:45 pm

pretentious ug wrote:

Resolve the paradox.

as a lover of socrates i personally found this answer offensive, and spent way too much time on this question because i could not believe that this would be the answer. i picked it, but was not happy about it!

pretentious ug

New

Post by pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:45 pm

acegott1 wrote:For the one about emails there was two problems that ask for the maximum possibilites and the answer choices was between 0 and 5. Does anyone remember what question came first (i think it was the second one in that game). The only question i remembered was the one asking the maximum between L's. was this the first one maximum possiblity or the second one in that game
I was about to respond to this on the thread that just disappeared. I'm pretty sure the L one was the second question. I'm also pretty sure the answer was 1, not 0 like some other people were saying:

H J L J L H

pretentious ug

New

Post by pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:46 pm

kyle wrote:
pretentious ug wrote:

Resolve the paradox.

as a lover of socrates i personally found this answer offensive, and spent way too much time on this question because i could not believe that this would be the answer. i picked it, but was not happy about it!
HAHA dude me too! I had to fucking hold my nose when I bubbled that shit.

joobacca

Bronze

Post by joobacca » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:47 pm

dude, i posted it
word

i was really confused

i redid the problem from memory and couldn't figure out what was wrong

but a lot of poeple are saying it's 0... which doesn't inherently mean jack squat, but it does concern me greatly

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pretentious ug

New

Post by pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:48 pm

Does anyone remember what the last 3 CRs were for the last game in LG? the one with the 4 destinations and the 4 people on the bus?

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

pretentious ug wrote:
acegott1 wrote:For the one about emails there was two problems that ask for the maximum possibilites and the answer choices was between 0 and 5. Does anyone remember what question came first (i think it was the second one in that game). The only question i remembered was the one asking the maximum between L's. was this the first one maximum possiblity or the second one in that game
I was about to respond to this on the thread that just disappeared. I'm pretty sure the L one was the second question. I'm also pretty sure the answer was 1, not 0 like some other people were saying:

H J L J L H
I recall working this out, one solution had a space of 1 the other 0, so answer was 1.

pamplona

New

Post by pamplona » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

GHH923 wrote:
wraaaa wrote:I had a parallel flaw question about all candidates running for mayor being small business owners and most small business owners had skills to be a good mayor. I usually find parallel questions to be my strong suit but coudln't even figure out the flaw in this one. It was in my section 3. I'm hoping that was the expiremental section. Anyone not remember this question?
Was this towards the end of the section? +20 perhaps?
I had 3 LR's and do not believe I remember this question. I also do not remember Newton. Am I crazy? Can you expand on the question, maybe I'll remember it?

Lilith

Bronze

Post by Lilith » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Did any of you have an experimental LG section? I did. :(

It was:
1. LG
2. LR
3. RC
4. LG
5. LR

The last thing I wanted to see when I opened the booklet was an LG section. It was pretty tough, so I'm hoping it was the experimental.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alirod12

Bronze

Post by alirod12 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:50 pm

I am positive that I did not have this question anywhere on my test.

pretentious ug

New

Post by pretentious ug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:50 pm

hous wrote:
pretentious ug wrote:

H J L J L H
I recall working this out, one solution had a space of 1 the other 0, so answer was 1.
I don't think I got 0 for either, but I really don't remember the other question.

joobacca

Bronze

Post by joobacca » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:51 pm

I think the VERY LAST question of LG was D

and second to last... i can't remember... maybe E?

jwakelin

New

Post by jwakelin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:51 pm

pretentious ug wrote:Does anyone remember what the last 3 CRs were for the last game in LG? the one with the 4 destinations and the 4 people on the bus?
One was something like "if Greg is on the bus until both S and LA, not necessarily in that order, and Greg gets off second, then what else must also be true?" and the answer was that Rosa was on the bus until S, since she had to be on the bus until M no matter what.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”