Pithypike's Complete LSAT Study Guide Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: Pithypike's Complete LSAT Study Guide

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri May 25, 2012 5:28 pm

jonjon1324 wrote:So I shouldn't do those sections at all, or I should do them, just not expect to have any corresponding games to go along with them?
It's pithy's plan, but I suspect that he intended the latter.
jonjon1324 wrote:And is it normal for the "chapters" to be 2 pages long?
Some of the chapters in that book are far longer.

crazi4law

New

Post by crazi4law » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:47 am

I am planning to start pithy's study plan next week, but have one concern:

Since all the LG and LR examples in the LGB and LGB are from actual PrepTests that I plan on taking in the future, wouldn't the fact that I have done many of the problems in the PrepTests before, make my PT scores inaccurate?

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 am

crazi4law wrote:I am planning to start pithy's study plan next week, but have one concern:

Since all the LG and LR examples in the LGB and LGB are from actual PrepTests that I plan on taking in the future, wouldn't the fact that I have done many of the problems in the PrepTests before, make my PT scores inaccurate?
There really aren't too many questions in the book in relation to all of the ones you'll be doing, it's negligible

automaticfortheppl

New

Post by automaticfortheppl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:18 pm

I thought the same thing, so this is what I did:

-made a list of PTs I had
-look in appendix to see which PTs the bibles took questions from
-took the PTs that had the most questions found in bibles first

For example, my LR bible has an inordinate number of questions from PT42 so that was one of the first tests I took when I started my daily PT regiment. Although my initial scores were probably artificially bloated to a degree from doing this, I found that this actually helped me in other tests because it reinforced what I had read in the bible (I've been reading bible and taking PTs simultaneously).

lynch

New

Post by lynch » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 am

thank you on this outline it can really help me a lot thanks and of course i will use this as a guide.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aequitas_

New

Post by Aequitas_ » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:09 am

Going to give this a shot come summertime if I don't take a prep course.

TDragon

New

Post by TDragon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:06 pm

OK I have 3 months till the October LSAT

So is this format more recommended than reading say.... the LG bible month 1, LR bible month 2, RC bible month 3? It is better to absorb all three books per month for 3 months instead of 1 book per month correct?

totalmajor

New

Post by totalmajor » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:48 pm

I don't know if this is posted anywhere but does anyone have these classifications for ALL PT's? The Powerscore website only lists stuff from 40-on

Thanks

pdeturk

Bronze

Post by pdeturk » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:55 pm

totalmajor wrote:I don't know if this is posted anywhere but does anyone have these classifications for ALL PT's? The Powerscore website only lists stuff from 40-on

Thanks
page 1 of this thread

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... e#p1042536

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tinashe

New

Post by tinashe » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Hey I started studying last week using this guide and I have a question about timing. When exactly do people start timing?Im finding that I can usually get -0 or -1 on LR and LG but when it's not timed. It takes me about an hour to hour and a half to do them though and when I time I get like -10 to -15 per section (mostly because I guess the whole second half of the section).
What should I do, that is, should I leave timing until o have gotten through the bibles?
And is this normal to take so long on the sections?

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 pm

tinashe wrote:Hey I started studying last week using this guide and I have a question about timing. When exactly do people start timing?Im finding that I can usually get -0 or -1 on LR and LG but when it's not timed. It takes me about an hour to hour and a half to do them though and when I time I get like -10 to -15 per section (mostly because I guess the whole second half of the section).
What should I do, that is, should I leave timing until o have gotten through the bibles?
And is this normal to take so long on the sections?
You should be focusing on accuracy for the majority of your study time, IMO, but with an eye toward timing. When you're starting out your only goal should be getting 100% of the questions you do right, and from there after a while you can start focusing more on timing. If your accuracy's already pretty solid untimed, keep working at the same stuff, but look for ways to cut down on time. Your scores make me think that you're missing inferences and maybe you should focus on finding those rather than doing hypotheticals, which eat a lot of time.

b33eazy

Bronze

Post by b33eazy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Okay, I have a question I have been studying the Powerscore Logic Games and Logical Reasoning Bible at the same time.. Is that okay? I'm taking notes, etc...

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 pm

b33eazy wrote:Okay, I have a question I have been studying the Powerscore Logic Games and Logical Reasoning Bible at the same time.. Is that okay? I'm taking notes, etc...
Totally fine, and maybe even recommendable. I found focusing more on implementing the strategies via practice rather than taking notes more helpful though, FYI.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jjrialva

Bronze

Post by jjrialva » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Is the Kaplan Mastery practice book on this guide only used to practice LR? or does it also include all the LG divided into categories.

MauveT-Rex

New

Post by MauveT-Rex » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:22 pm

jjrialva wrote:Is the Kaplan Mastery practice book on this guide only used to practice LR? or does it also include all the LG divided into categories.
No not all. I have the Kaplan Mastery and the Kaplan Big Orange book and they both divide LG's up into sections but each book only includes about 25 games each.

MauveT-Rex

New

Post by MauveT-Rex » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:25 pm

jjrialva wrote:Is the Kaplan Mastery practice book on this guide only used to practice LR? or does it also include all the LG divided into categories.
You can find all logic games from PT1-65 (pdf form) available through Cambridge in a bundle for $75 if you're interested. http://www.cambridgelsat.com/product/lsat/by_bundle/83

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Been meaning to ask, is there a particular reason for the way you've divided logical reasoning question types between Month 1 and Month 2?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Oscar85

New

Post by Oscar85 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:03 pm

I can't find that Kaplan book you list... Did you suggest another? Don't really feel like going through seventeen pages of information to find out lol.

MauveT-Rex

New

Post by MauveT-Rex » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Oscar85 wrote:I can't find that Kaplan book you list... Did you suggest another? Don't really feel like going through seventeen pages of information to find out lol.
Seen a lot of people have problems finding the Kaplan books listed, not sure why, amazon always seems to have a few of each available at all times. Here's the orange, http://www.amazon.com/The-Orange-Book-R ... range+book

Here's mastery, http://www.amazon.com/LSAT-Mastery-Prac ... an+mastery

ams212

New

Post by ams212 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Tag

latinomike

New

Post by latinomike » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 am

Do you recommend following this study guide for the next 3 months? If it is legit, then I will buy the materials and follow the instructions?
Also, do you recommend following this study guide while taking a blueprint course?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pithypike

Bronze

Post by pithypike » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:46 am

Glad to see this has been so useful for you all.

Apologies for stopping responding to PMs or Qs in the thread. Got a bit busy with the whole law school thing. I hope this was helpful anyway.

Best of luck to everybody in their LSAT prep.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:34 pm

pithypike wrote:Glad to see this has been so useful for you all.

Apologies for stopping responding to PMs or Qs in the thread. Got a bit busy with the whole law school thing. I hope this was helpful anyway.

Best of luck to everybody in their LSAT prep.

is there any updates to this guide for someone planning on taking the LSAT this Oct/dec? or will this guide still be valid if I follow it?

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Consensus is that it is still helpful, although MLSAT and the Cambridge bundle are more popular now instead of Powerscore and Kaplan Mastery respectively.

VUSisterRayVU

Bronze

Post by VUSisterRayVU » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:04 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Consensus is that it is still helpful, although MLSAT and the Cambridge bundle are more popular now instead of Powerscore and Kaplan Mastery respectively.
I'm having trouble finding a list of Games By Type w/ MLSAT classification. Is there a maybe just a convenient port for the PS classification?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”