Anyone make a huge score leap on Test Day?

legaleyes

Anyone make a huge score leap on Test Day?

Postby legaleyes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:49 pm

I was wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone who has scored significantly higher on test day than what they were averaging on their prep tests? Maybe I'm hoping for a miracle or just to get lucky but is it possible??? I'm not counting on it, but it never hurts to have hope. :wink:

kritiosboy

Re: Anyone make a huge score leap on Test Day?

Postby kritiosboy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Last edited by kritiosboy on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

VaultBound

Postby VaultBound » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:58 pm

Scored 4 points higher than my highest diagnostic and about 6-7 points higher than the average. (168 diag high, 165/166 average, 172 actual).

waytofailself

Postby waytofailself » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:15 pm

I was scoring 167-168 on older lsats until I tried the two released ones from 2006 before the Dec '07 administration. Made 157 and 156 on them. Panic attack! (easier games, but much more difficult RC).

That was two days before the real deal. On the actual LSAT, I made a 164.

Friedrich

Postby Friedrich » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:35 pm

I was scoring mid 160s and my last practice tests were below 165, my actual test jumped up to 171. I did as much as I could to train for this. I treated the test like an athletic event, and my scores were me competing with myself (in the manner a golfer would look at rounds). The three weeks before the tests I would take back-to-back tests with no breaks between the sections (sometimes I would do practice logic games sections between the tests). I would alternate between back-to-back tests and test in the morning, practice mid-day, and test in the afternoon. So I used both a mindset and regimen to acheive the increase on test day. I think my practice scores started to dip as I got burned out, but I took two days off before the actual test and the real test seemed pretty easy compared to what I was doing. This may all sound crazy, but test prep matters, and I received several full scholarship offers because of my test score. Looking back the work was well worth $100,000 in tuition.

Lyov Myshkin

Postby Lyov Myshkin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:01 pm

Friedrich wrote:I was scoring mid 160s and my last practice tests were below 165, my actual test jumped up to 171. I did as much as I could to train for this. I treated the test like an athletic event, and my scores were me competing with myself (in the manner a golfer would look at rounds). The three weeks before the tests I would take back-to-back tests with no breaks between the sections (sometimes I would do practice logic games sections between the tests). I would alternate between back-to-back tests and test in the morning, practice mid-day, and test in the afternoon. So I used both a mindset and regimen to acheive the increase on test day. I think my practice scores started to dip as I got burned out, but I took two days off before the actual test and the real test seemed pretty easy compared to what I was doing. This may all sound crazy, but test prep matters, and I received several full scholarship offers because of my test score. Looking back the work was well worth $100,000 in tuition.

congrats. that's what i'm hoping to do. aim to get into better schools than i wanna go for sake of getting a scholly at a lower ranked school, ideally still in the t14.

adampres

Postby adampres » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:25 pm

I realize this is an old post, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has had this experience recently and could post some encouraging advice. Thanks.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:40 pm

The key to big improvement on test day is using new pencils.

Buy them the night before. Think of it as sharpening your skates, taping the gloves, sanding your grips, and waxing your board.

If you want to score like a champion, you've got to act like a champion.
--ImageRemoved--

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”