You know you're obsessed with the LSAT when...

Hedwig

Re: You know you're obsessed with the LSAT when...

Postby Hedwig » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:19 am

When your grandmother says, every time I make this soup it tastes different, you think RESOLVE THE PARADOX and ask her what is differing in her cooking methods/recipe each time...

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:41 am

when you go to the bar because you are frustrated with hard games( im talking to you PT 41- game about the people around the table), and after a few rounds realize that the table you're sitting at is eerily similar to the setup you made 8 different ways, and start taking notes ( uising your friends name as people) about possible outcomes, come home using the excuse you had to go to the bacnk and rush to work the game, and end up with a +6/7 and realize how......................... bad you should take a day off from lsat ( but you know you wont because your still doing lsat stuff while extremely buzzed and you have found a new stregnth to conquor the test) .. only to go back to the bar and order a Jg ( jack wiht ginger) instead of Jc ( jack and coke) and think of an in/ out game......

/ rambling

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:00 am

Its scary how much of the thread applies to me. and I haven't even read it all.... :shock:

champ33

Postby champ33 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:21 pm

You tell all your friends that you're having a party, but when they show up they find you naked with the LG and LR Bibles taped to your fists and you proceed to assault them without mercy or remorse.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:28 pm

eit wrote:When your grandmother says, every time I make this soup it tastes different, you think RESOLVE THE PARADOX and ask her what is differing in her cooking methods/recipe each time...

Hmmm...After reading the first part of the above (up to right before "it tastes different") I immediately started to think about how many words can be arranged in the soup.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:39 pm

ninjasrule wrote:You ask a person if you can have "some" of their chips, and then proceed to take all of them.

Burgstaller04

Postby Burgstaller04 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:57 pm

The day that Amazon sent your copies of the bibles was better than Christmas and your birthday combined.

MrAdams

Postby MrAdams » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:48 pm

You have lost all appreciation for the obvious humour inherent in the word 'analyse' and certainly don't feel the need to hit up the internet/call your girlfriend after being told to 'analyse' something...

Seriously feel like I am packing on the years studying for this test.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:26 am

You want to scream at your brother, LOGICAL REASONING FAIL, when he insists that you should be able to sit on the other couch and still have your laptop plugged in because HE can sit on the other couch with his different laptop and be plugged in. Then you amuse yourself by coming up with EACH OF THE FOLLOWING IS A FLAW IN THE REASONING EXCEPT questions in your mind based on this scenario.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 am

You know you're obsessed with the LSAT when you don't know what to do with yourself in between PTs and you hang out on this website refreshing the forum, hoping to talk about the LSAT with some faceless stranger on the web.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:15 am

...you think of the wails coming from your neighbors mules tied up outside your window as an analogous to test day distractions.
Last edited by Blindc1rca on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fragged

Postby fragged » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:28 pm

You name your kids Leopold and Oliphant

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:43 pm

and when you decide to give them nicknames, you just go with L and O.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:57 am

...you hear about someone suffering (or claiming to suffer) from synesthesia and giggle because you know that person doesn't understand the meaning of words.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:17 pm

northwood wrote:and when you decide to give them nicknames, you just go with L and O.

Hehe. Nice.

Dripworx

Postby Dripworx » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:38 pm

You tell your gf/bf you love them in the form of a sufficient and necessary premise regarding your need for them and your love for them.

If I love you, I need you; conversely If I didn't need you, I couldn't love you

Therefore, since I love you: I need you =)

She laughed, told me how obsessed I was with the lsat lol

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:06 pm

When you put the LRB on your bedside table for "a bit of light reading" before you go to bed.

solotee

Postby solotee » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:24 pm

..when you find yourself reading this thread as a law student, even though you took the LSAT over a year ago.

LSAT...never forget.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:36 pm

iagolives wrote:You are at a bar to destress after work and ask yourself:

"There are seven people getting drinks, lets call them A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. G can only order rum if A orders whiskey. B and C must order beers if and only if G orders rum...."

I do this all the time haha

gdane

Postby gdane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Ive found myself dissecting my newspapers editorials and opinion pages lately. Its fun as hell! I read an article yesterday that was full of assumptions and flaws in reasoning.

Wanna read? --LinkRemoved--

Feel free to reply with any reasoning errors you've found.

Ill start with the what I believe is an assumption the entire argument/editorial revolves around: The dividend tax rate will definitely be increased to 39.6%. Which also points out the largest flaw in this argument: Taking something that is possible and acting as if it will definitely happen.

mynjb26

Postby mynjb26 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:12 pm

AGREED!!

Ragged wrote:Its scary how much of the thread applies to me. and I haven't even read it all.... :shock:

mynjb26

Postby mynjb26 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm

...When you dream not only about the LSAT but a specific LR question that you can't seem to get right no matter what answer choice you pick...

DreamShake

Postby DreamShake » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:47 pm

eit wrote:Since it seems that their intention is to psych us out and make us answer wrongly, it's a wonder they don't make more D E A D answer choice strings, lol.

Also:

when you have taken any portion of the LSAT between the hours of 12.00 A.M. and 6.00 A.M.

I had a test a couple days ago with that exact string; made me do a double take and wonder if they were trying to psych me out.

Also: when you begin to think the testmakers are trying to psych you out...out of the 100,000+ people taking the exact same test.

and

when your dog becomes conditioned to lying down and going to sleep when he/she sees you break out a PT.

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 pm

when you start to wonder if you will ever meet someone like Zalamea who speaks only Spanish and Russian

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 pm

When you flip your pen over to try to erase a mistake in your notes, because you've spent way too much time using your LSAT pencils.

Oh, and when you have special pencils designated your LSAT pencils. Mine are blue.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”