aaa

kissthegerman

Re: What will you do if you failed the LSAT?

Postby kissthegerman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:09 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
kissthegerman wrote:law school or bust.

Well, you have that part down...

This is very true. :D

crystalhawkeye

Postby crystalhawkeye » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:15 pm

kissthegerman wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

"I want to bounce those things like Sugar Ray Leonard..."

kissthegerman

Postby kissthegerman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
kissthegerman wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

"I want to bounce those things like Sugar Ray Leonard..."

So I take it that you're probably not a boob man.

crystalhawkeye

Postby crystalhawkeye » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:20 pm

kissthegerman wrote:So I take it that you're probably not a boob man.

All men are boob men. I was simply quoting Jim Carrey.

kissthegerman

Postby kissthegerman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:22 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:

lol I know, I was being sarcastic since your replies to my posts are always about my boobs. I don't mind though, what else are they there for if I can't share them with the world? :D lol

crystalhawkeye

Postby crystalhawkeye » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:29 pm

kissthegerman wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

lol I know, I was being sarcastic since your replies to my posts are always about my boobs. I don't mind though, what else are they there for if I can't share them with the world? :D lol

Better than them all being about how terrible the wait is... speaking of, this thread has gotten terribly off topic... again...

kissthegerman

Postby kissthegerman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:36 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
kissthegerman wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

Better than them all being about how terrible the wait is... speaking of, this thread has gotten terribly off topic... again...

lol yeah, I think we just hijacked another thread. :shock: We're becoming professional thread hijackers.

crystalhawkeye

Postby crystalhawkeye » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:41 pm

Gotta be good at something.

as5664

Postby as5664 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 pm

kissthegerman wrote:
legalogre wrote:Actually, I was just trying to be a sarcastic SOB. I will retake in October if necessary.

After that, Cooley.

Why not just go to Cooley right off the bat? I mean, they are after all ranked #16 which is higher than Berkley and Stanford. Who cares that the ranking was conducted by Cooley itself? lmfao --LinkRemoved--

I don't know much about this Cooley school and the methodology used, so I cannot comment on the validity of this ranking. But I would like to respond to a flaw in your reasoning: pointing out that they may have conducted this ranking themselves is not sufficient to deny the validity of their findings. Now, I'm not defending their claim, nor can I offer any real insights into the superiority or accuracy of this or that law school ranking against another. Yes, it would be naive to accept their rankings prima facie. It does, however, seem to me equally naive to presumptively conclude that certain academic institutions are "better" (whatever that entails) with no basis supporting such a view other than biases of conventional wisdom.

Sure, the t14 are perhaps better schools for a variety of reasons; the strongest no doubt, particularly in the perception of law school applicants (myself included), being their overall commodity value. I personally find this to be a rather mercenary attitude toward education, but for others it is perhaps understandably a very pragmatic option considering the cost of law school. Perhaps the administration at this particular law school are merely trying to counter unwarranted assumptions about their school that might be made by a potential law student on the basis of some incomplete or superficial assessment of the USN rankings.

kissthegerman

Postby kissthegerman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:41 pm

as5664 wrote:
kissthegerman wrote:
legalogre wrote:Actually, I was just trying to be a sarcastic SOB. I will retake in October if necessary.

After that, Cooley.

Why not just go to Cooley right off the bat? I mean, they are after all ranked #16 which is higher than Berkley and Stanford. Who cares that the ranking was conducted by Cooley itself? lmfao --LinkRemoved--

I don't know much about this Cooley school and the methodology used, so I cannot comment on the validity of this ranking. But I would like to respond to a flaw in your reasoning: pointing out that they may have conducted this ranking themselves is not sufficient to deny the validity of their findings. Now, I'm not defending their claim, nor can I offer any real insights into the superiority or accuracy of this or that law school ranking against another. Yes, it would be naive to accept their rankings prima facie. It does, however, seem to me equally naive to presumptively conclude that certain academic institutions are "better" (whatever that entails) with no basis supporting such a view other than biases of conventional wisdom.

Sure, the t14 are perhaps better schools for a variety of reasons; the strongest no doubt, particularly in the perception of law school applicants (myself included), being their overall commodity value. I personally find this to be a rather mercenary attitude toward education, but for others it is perhaps understandably a very pragmatic option considering the cost of law school. Perhaps the administration at this particular law school are merely trying to counter unwarranted assumptions about their school that might be made by a potential law student on the basis of some incomplete or superficial assessment of the USN rankings.

wow, it was a joke, chill. I actually know someone who is going to Cooley in the fall and I respect them and their decision to attend the school. It's just funny that they conducted their own ranking. I wasn't trying to be offensive.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:28 am

Pavlov's Cat wrote:If the LSAT thing doesn't work out, I'm considering becoming a children's librarian. That's also my backup career for when I get into the legal profession and (seemingly inevitably) decide I hate it and want to get out.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to marry the future President? Laura Bush is the most notable librarian I can think of, although I'm sure anyone considering going to law school is significantly brighter than she is... :lol:

as5664

Postby as5664 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:53 am

kissthegerman wrote:
as5664 wrote:
kissthegerman wrote:

After that, Cooley.

wow, it was a joke, chill. I actually know someone who is going to Cooley in the fall and I respect them and their decision to attend the school. It's just funny that they conducted their own ranking. I wasn't trying to be offensive.

I realize your were joking. I wasn't trying to attack you, or anything like that, so sorry if I came off that way. It's hard to convey emotions when you're writing on a forum, sometimes one's remarks might read like they were written by some sort of maladjusted sociopath, like mine above :twisted: I don't think your joke was necessarily offensive, and even if it was I would hope Cooley people are well balanced enough to brush aside disparaging remarks about their school. Obviously you found it funny that they ranked themselves 16 because they conducted their own ranking, with the implication that they rigged the results. I merely wanted to express that this may or may not necessarily be the case; that is, in case people take unreasoned positions seriously. If I read too much into your joke, I'm sorry.

kissthegerman

Postby kissthegerman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:59 am

as5664 wrote: I realize your were joking. I wasn't trying to attack you, or anything like that, so sorry if I came off that way. It's hard to convey emotions when you're writing on a forum, sometimes one's remarks might read like they were written by some sort of maladjusted sociopath, like mine above :twisted: I don't think your joke was necessarily offensive, and even if it was I would hope Cooley people are well balanced enough to brush aside disparaging remarks about their school. Obviously you found it funny that they ranked themselves 16 because they conducted their own ranking, with the implication that they rigged the results. I merely wanted to express that this may or may not necessarily be the case; that is, in case people take unreasoned positions seriously. If I read too much into your joke, I'm sorry.

It's ok. I understand how I might have misinterpreted what you were saying. Everything is all good! Good luck with all of your law school applications. Maybe we will end up being classmates! :D haha

ChinaBowls

Postby ChinaBowls » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:19 am

I will continue down my original path.... working for a company in acquisitions and investments as a financial analyst. Work my way up and network, then branch off on my own. Then open up my boutique and event planning businesses as a side hustle. My future is more malleable if the LSAT doesn't go well, but that can be a good and bad thing. I like structure. I guess I can always go get my MBA in a couple years.

SenatorMe

Postby SenatorMe » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:22 am

If the LSAT thing doesn't work out, I'll become director of an abortion clinic with an adjoining office for extremist environmental groups to hold meetings...after a few years, I would run for office on the Republican Party's ticket. Would you guys vote for me?

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:50 am

SenatorMe wrote:If the LSAT thing doesn't work out, I'll become director of an abortion clinic with an adjoining office for extremist environmental groups to hold meetings...after a few years, I would run for office on the Republican Party's ticket. Would you guys vote for me?

Yes. Wait... no. Well, maybe.

BigAristotle

Postby BigAristotle » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:05 am

SenatorMe wrote:If the LSAT thing doesn't work out, I'll become director of an abortion clinic with an adjoining office for extremist environmental groups to hold meetings...after a few years, I would run for office on the Republican Party's ticket. Would you guys vote for me?

Vote? No. Too much work. Donate and overzealously defend you're logical positions on such issues? Certainly!

DallasJosh

Postby DallasJosh » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:05 am

doctorgonzo wrote:If I don't do well enough on this test to get a full ride to a decent school, I will make another career choice. I think being a financial planner is appealing, or something else in finance.

Edit: I'm already long out of college and in the IT field.

Funny - I'm also long out of college, in Web development, and hoping for a full ride to a good school. Good luck to you, sir...

milymo

Postby milymo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:59 am

DallasJosh wrote:
doctorgonzo wrote:If I don't do well enough on this test to get a full ride to a decent school, I will make another career choice. I think being a financial planner is appealing, or something else in finance.

Funny - I'm also long out of college, in Web development, and hoping for a full ride to a good school. Good luck to you, sir...

Hey! Me too! Except I mainly want a full ride to my local school so I don't have to move my family. Good luck to both of you!

semperfi1860

Postby semperfi1860 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 pm

I majored in History and Economics so if this cycle doesn't work out, I'll work for a year or two and try the cycle again.

mako_shark

Postby mako_shark » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:31 pm

if lawschool doesnt happen
ill just do Investment Banking. my current major is finance so thats a good one to fall back on although if I pursue working with international equity markets the job will pretty much own my life at all hours of the day, not that practicing law wouldn't, just perhaps not as much :)

cheers

Mel

Postby Mel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:14 am

milymo wrote:
DallasJosh wrote:

Hey! Me too! Except I mainly want a full ride to my local school so I don't have to move my family. Good luck to both of you!

JESUS! OH LORDY LORD! ME TOO!!! Wow. Good luck to all three of yers A HERK!

rod1224

Re: What will you do if you scored 140 the LSAT?

Postby rod1224 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 am

I honestly didn't do as well as i wanted to. Actually i did worse... However, i didn't try a Kaplan session. Most schools actually accept your second score if it is hire. I could just take it again, give it my all with a tutoring class.

I was at first extremely disappointed in myself, now I just have a better game plan.

U would like to hear anyone's honest opinion

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:50 am

My back up plan is to take the year and start working on a graduate degree in CS while doing worthwhile work and enjoy life then try agian in the fall. I wanted to not be super dissappointed so I worked hard on both the law school plan and the backup plan. My study plan is a go, and I am very close to landing a full-time faculty job teaching UG intro CS classes. As a matter of fact I may go with my back up plan because I enjoyed teaching before and I would love to get some more expreience while doing advanced degree work. So I may either defer or reapply next cycle depend on how I do on the LSAT and the applications. Having a great backup plan would really make any setbacks a lot easier to swallow.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:03 am

I see multiple people see investment banking as their "backup". I was under the impression it was the hardest field to break into except maybe the field of astronaut. Maybe I'm wrong.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”