What's the best LSAT course? Previous score 160 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
akahrpaperstacks

New

Re: What's the best LSAT course? Previous score 160

Post by akahrpaperstacks » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:08 am

kn6542 wrote:
akahrpaperstacks wrote:
kn6542 wrote:That's the T14. You're saying there might be one or two out of the entire pool.

If you talk out of your ass again, it won't go well for you. Get it together.
deleted

Second, post information to back up your claims. If you don't, then please stop talking out of your ass.
It's pretty clear then that you are just making up statements to support your side. Thanks!

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:10 am

akahrpaperstacks wrote:
kn6542 wrote:
akahrpaperstacks wrote:
kn6542 wrote:That's the T14. You're saying there might be one or two out of the entire pool.

If you talk out of your ass again, it won't go well for you. Get it together.
deleted

Second, post information to back up your claims. If you don't, then please stop talking out of your ass.
It's pretty clear then that you are just making up statements to support your side. Thanks!
Cool. Wanna cybar?

akahrpaperstacks

New

Post by akahrpaperstacks » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:12 am

Also kn, sweetie, I've been around this board a lot longer than you. Please refrain from posts that insinuate you have been around longer than I have. They make you look like a moron.

That said, I would definitely join in a cyber between you and emmy...that's for sure.

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:13 am

I didn't insinuate that. I just told you that you were wrong.

blhblahblah

Bronze

Post by blhblahblah » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:15 am

*enters thread*

*exits thread*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

akahrpaperstacks

New

Post by akahrpaperstacks » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:15 am

kn6542 wrote:I didn't insinuate that. I just told you that you were wrong.
The bear made it clear baby.

Either way, join the tls chat and invite me to cyber with you and ros.

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:23 am

Sailorbear, what's the point of having an alt to post your stats, if you're just going to tell everyone that it's an alt?
Last edited by kn6542 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superfrodo

New

Post by superfrodo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:14 am

akahrpaperstacks wrote:
superfrodo wrote:Some law schools average your scores together.
Incorrect. Only the highest score is reported for purposes of 25/Median/75. As far as I know, when that changed, all schools stopped averaging. There might be one or two, but it's very few (if it's any).
Um, NOT incorrect. I was just at an event a few months ago at my college with law schools visiting from across Ohio (and some out of state, like Tulane), and I distinctly remember some of them telling me that they average LSAT scores together...I've also visited several law school web sites recently that show the average LSAT scores of the first year class rather than the median.

And even the highest score is reported, I still say it's a waste of time and money to retake the test for a measly 2 points if you could be working on other important things in life.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:33 am

akahrpaperstacks
Post subject: Re: What's the best LSAT course? Previous score 160

Also kn, sweetie, I've been around this board a lot longer than you. Please refrain from posts that insinuate you have been around longer than I have. They make you look like a moron.

I'm sure kn appreciates the pet name.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

akahrpaperstacks

New

Post by akahrpaperstacks » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:46 am

kn6542 wrote:Sailorbear, what's the point of having an alt to post your stats, if you're just going to tell everyone that it's an alt?
I don't have an alt to post my stats. I am just under a new username. There isn't anything being hidden.

akahrpaperstacks

New

Post by akahrpaperstacks » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:47 am

worldtraveler wrote:
akahrpaperstacks
Post subject: Re: What's the best LSAT course? Previous score 160

I'm sure kn appreciates the pet name.
She does.

akahrpaperstacks

New

Post by akahrpaperstacks » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:50 am

superfrodo wrote:I've also visited several law school web sites recently that show the average LSAT scores of the first year class rather than the median.
What does this mean? It just means that they report the average of the highest scores.
superfrodo wrote:And even the highest score is reported, I still say it's a waste of time and money to retake the test for a measly 2 points if you could be working on other important things in life.
It depends. If it gets you from 158 to 160, 168 to 170, etc, its not a waste of time.

tobeAMAzing

New

Post by tobeAMAzing » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:02 am

MajikMonkey wrote:but maybe i should take the class, do you guys think so?...
Seriously man, if taking the class is going to make you sleep better at night after so many people are saying that it's a waste of time (and I join them)...go for it. At the end of the day, it's your money and not mine.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lb_tls

New

Post by lb_tls » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:07 pm

akahrpaperstacks wrote:
superfrodo wrote:And even the highest score is reported, I still say it's a waste of time and money to retake the test for a measly 2 points if you could be working on other important things in life.
It depends. If it gets you from 158 to 160, 168 to 170, etc, its not a waste of time.

It is a waste of time if it is only two points increase.

If it gets you from 158 to 168, 160 to 170, etc., it will not be a waste of time.

akahrpaperstacks

New

Post by akahrpaperstacks » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:20 pm

lb_tls wrote:
akahrpaperstacks wrote:

It is a waste of time if it is only two points increase.

If it gets you from 158 to 168, 160 to 170, etc., it will not be a waste of time.
This makes no sense.

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:25 pm

superfrodo wrote:
akahrpaperstacks wrote:
superfrodo wrote:Some law schools average your scores together.
Incorrect. Only the highest score is reported for purposes of 25/Median/75. As far as I know, when that changed, all schools stopped averaging. There might be one or two, but it's very few (if it's any).
Um, NOT incorrect. I was just at an event a few months ago at my college with law schools visiting from across Ohio (and some out of state, like Tulane), and I distinctly remember some of them telling me that they average LSAT scores together...I've also visited several law school web sites recently that show the average LSAT scores of the first year class rather than the median.

And even the highest score is reported, I still say it's a waste of time and money to retake the test for a measly 2 points if you could be working on other important things in life.

Yeah, I was told something similar by U chi, Mich, Penn, and Minn. Despite whatever their formal policy of reporting may be, they initially evaluate with averages.

Bentley9

New

Post by Bentley9 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Don't take a course. Save your money and invest in your own material. I took a PR course for 2 months (Diagnostic 157) and left it with a 160. The course is often dumbed down to cater to the average test taker (150). In the past month, my scores have improved to an average of 168 or so. What I did:
PS Games Bible
PS Logical Reasoning Bible
Prep Test 40-53.

Unless you get a private tutor, don't take a course. All that I got from it was the fact that it forced me to do a lot of problems. However, I think that I also developed a lot of bad habits in the process.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

superfrodo

New

Post by superfrodo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:53 am

akahrpaperstacks wrote:
superfrodo wrote:I've also visited several law school web sites recently that show the average LSAT scores of the first year class rather than the median.
What does this mean? It just means that they report the average of the highest scores.
Dude, seriously...get over yourself.

lollypotter

New

Post by lollypotter » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:37 am

superfrodo wrote:
akahrpaperstacks wrote:
'Dude' you're a f***ing moron. The median to 75% on many schools is THREE LSAT POINTS. Tiny changes in LSAT, esp at the top end, make a huge difference in the likelihood of admission. Especially at the top end. Are two points worth it? If they take you from below a school's 25% to the median, of course its worth it.

If you don't understand that you're an idiot who knows nothing about law school admissions so shut up.
Last edited by lollypotter on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

chill06

New

Post by chill06 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:46 am

Take Testmasters. It's a good course and I think it's designed to help top test takers more than say Kaplan or Princeton Review (i've also heard good things about powerscore). I started with a diag of 156 and went to a 173. Whatever idiot is saying not to because you may only improve 2 points should rethink their opinion. Sure, you may only increase two points. You may increase 10 or more though. That can be the difference in receiving a scholarship or bumping up a tier in admissions. Why not spend 1-2k on a prep course that could significantly improve your admissions/scholarship offers when you're potentially investing 180k+ to go to law school?

I am so confused by some of the arguments in this thread... kind of makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:29 pm

lollypotter wrote:
If you don't understand that you're an idiot who knows nothing about law school admissions so shut up.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

superfrodo

New

Post by superfrodo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:33 pm

lollypotter wrote:
superfrodo wrote:
akahrpaperstacks wrote:
'Dude' you're a f***ing moron. The median to 75% on many schools is THREE LSAT POINTS. Tiny changes in LSAT, esp at the top end, make a huge difference in the likelihood of admission. Especially at the top end. Are two points worth it? If they take you from below a school's 25% to the median, of course its worth it.

So the median to 75% is THREE LSAT POINTS. Sorry if I have, you know, a life and other priorities to worry about that don't involve me flushing $130 down the toilet to retake a test and get into a T14 school that will look good on my resume but that I will probably hate. The only people I know who retook the LSAT only raised their score by 1 point.
And if it takes you from below a schools 25% to the median, then it might be worth it if you can afford the extra time, money, etc...but that's not going to be the case for a lot of people, like those of us who have kids to take care of and other responsibilities to deal with.

That being said, arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. So congratulations on winning the gold medal for those unnecessarily rude comments.

I'm done with this forum. You people need a fucking attitude adjustment.

chill06

New

Post by chill06 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:50 pm

haha the amount of time you spend arguing on here you could have been using to raise your score instead of bitching about all your responsibilities (which other people have as well).

instead of spouting off about something you clearly know nothing about - just save your time and study for the lsats again so you can either A) get into a better school or B) get a larger scholarship so your kids don't have to starve on your student budget.

plenty of people retake and improve significantly. yes, there are some who retake and score the same and a few who retake and score lower. however, the only instances in which i would suggest not retaking if you're not happy with your score would be if you scored well above your diagnostics, or if you didn't have the time to study any further and your score was close to your diagnostics. i didn't study any further between my test and my retake because it was significantly lower than my diagnostics, retook it, and improved 9 points. while that may not be the case for everyone, i think it's a risk worth taking.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”