Logical Reasoning Advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dm1998

New

Logical Reasoning Advice

Post by dm1998 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:59 pm

I have been preparing for the April 2020 LSAT since September. In my first 2.5 months, I dedicated most of my time to the logic games, and it shows. So far, LG is my strongest section, RC is ok (haven't dedicated too much time to it yet), and LR absolutely, categorically sucks. After I take a timed section, I break it down and create a PT Explanation sheet to understand why the answers I chose were wrong and why the correct answers were correct, as well as question type, what to look for for that type, etc . I don't fret about creating explanations for the ones I already identified as incorrect and know why when I was taking the section test (would just be unnecessarily giving myself more work to do). When I create these explanations, I first try to figure it out myself rather than precipitously looking at the already available ones online to get into the necessary pattern of thinking/gain a deeper understanding of the test. I then corroborate/modify my explanation as needed, or if I am completely stumped, will look at the online explanation and phrase it my way once I have understood it. I then read the explanations a couple of times over and wait 2 days (sufficient time to forget the answers but still know how to attack the question type), before taking the same section again. Obviously, I perform much better afterwards, but still not good enough (my worst is -12 and my "best" fluctuates between -5 and -8, depending on toughness of section). Given as I still have time until the test, I am wondering whether a revision of my study practices is necessary. It doesn't really feel like I'm going anywhere as I did with LG. So, should I get a tutor? Modify my studying techniques? Both? Any advice would be appreciated.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”