LSAT Digital Writing in China

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
enz2103

New

LSAT Digital Writing in China

Postby enz2103 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 am

I am posting this information so hopefully future students do not encounter this problem.

The LSAT digital writing utilizes PSI proctoring software, which uses Trilio. Trilio is prohibited in China, and so the PSI software cannot function.

There are physical testing centers located throughout China, but you need to call LSAC to unlock your account. This is difficult if you are not aware this approach exists (which I was not).

I know there are not many who will experience this problem, but I sure wish I had known this info before buying non-refundable tickets to Hong Kong.

Dipsychus

New

Re: LSAT Digital Writing in China

Postby Dipsychus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Thank you for this post, its specificity. This is the kind of information that’s really hard to come by. And even if it benefits only a few people who read this forums, the info adds to the sum of actual factual knowledge on TLS.

QContinuum

Postby QContinuum » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:28 pm

I echo Dipsy in conveying the community's thanks for this info, enz. We do have a number of members here from the PRC and I'm sure this information will be very helpful to them.

Alex.M

New

Postby Alex.M » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:06 am

Hi, many thanks for the information!

One more question, does it mean that testtakers in China can apply for the digital writing in the designated test center by contacting LSAC and scheduling a date & place to take it? If so, is it through email or through the registration on LSAC.org?

Many thanks for any follow-ups!

enz2103

New

Postby enz2103 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Alex.M wrote:Hi, many thanks for the information!

One more question, does it mean that testtakers in China can apply for the digital writing in the designated test center by contacting LSAC and scheduling a date & place to take it? If so, is it through email or through the registration on LSAC.org?

You call LSAC and tell them you would like to take the exam at a test center. Then they unlock your account so that the next time you log in and click "LSAT Digital Writing" there will be a link to register for a testing center.

When you click the link, it takes you to PSI's website. You then need to create a PSI account and provide your LSAC account number (without the "L" at the beginning). Once finished, you can enter your zip code and see local test centers. Click the center you wish to go to, and a list of available times should appear. Just select the most convenient time and finish registration.

Make sure to print your receipt and check the ID requirements also. They say you only need one, but I was asked for two forms of ID, probably because I'm a foreigner in China.

Alex.M

New

Postby Alex.M » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:57 am

enz2103 wrote:
Alex.M wrote:Hi, many thanks for the information!

You call LSAC and tell them you would like to take the exam at a test center. Then they unlock your account so that the next time you log in and click "LSAT Digital Writing" there will be a link to register for a testing center.

When you click the link, it takes you to PSI's website. You then need to create a PSI account and provide your LSAC account number (without the "L" at the beginning). Once finished, you can enter your zip code and see local test centers. Click the center you wish to go to, and a list of available times should appear. Just select the most convenient time and finish registration.

Make sure to print your receipt and check the ID requirements also. They say you only need one, but I was asked for two forms of ID, probably because I'm a foreigner in China.

I have another question — is there a launching link available for a recent exam with test scores not coming out, or the link is only available for a test with test scores coming out?

Thanks for your information! It's super helpful! :)

enz2103

New

Postby enz2103 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:30 am

Alex.M wrote:I have another question — is there a launching link available for a recent exam with test scores not coming out, or the link is only available for a test with test scores coming out?

My apologies, but I am a little confused. What do you mean by "scores not coming out?"

ldai54

New

Postby ldai54 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:20 am

Absolutely the most helpful post.
Took the July LSAT, thinking about pushing the writing portion off for later.
Now I'm in China, I regret my stupidity.

enz2103

New

Postby enz2103 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:18 pm

ldai54 wrote:Absolutely the most helpful post.
Took the July LSAT, thinking about pushing the writing portion off for later.
Now I'm in China, I regret my stupidity.

Which city are you in?

If you call lsac and tell them you want to change to a testing center, they can walk you through the process of doing so like I said.

If you are in a small city (Foshan, Guilin, etc.), you can likely reach a major city (Guangzhou, Nanning, etc.) by train, so do not worry about that too much. Just remember there is a one-year limit before your writing section expires.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?