What do y'all think of my study plan..any thoughts ? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nicole1994

New

What do y'all think of my study plan..any thoughts ?

Post by nicole1994 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Diagnostic=140
I haven't signed up to take the test and wasn't planning on doing so until I begin PTing in my goal.however, earliest I was going to take it=April.2020. I plan on studying from now until then , using only prep books and lsac administered prep tests with answer explanations available online and maybe 7sage. I will be taking 15 hours while doing this when school starts again..but no job. So I wanted to treat lsat like another job on top of school. My schedule :

3 months of learing fundamentals + drilling

1 month : read LG bible+Manhattan and drill gakes that pertain to what I'm reading that day/week from a total of 10 practice tests throughout the month.
Month 2: LR bible+Manhattan and drill questions from the same 10 practice tests
Month 3: RC bible and drill passages from the same 10 practice tests

Months 4-6: drill untimed sections from an additional 10 practice tests .

6-9: do timed sections from 10 tests

Months 10-14 + : take two timed tests per week..review..

Ive went through the bibles before and done a few practice questions before..I do understand what lsat is testing and now what I should look for..my greatest weakeness is correctly applying the skills tested, which I kmow is a great problem for a lot of ppl..I am trying to focus most of my efforts on drilling and reviewing as a result .

Any thoughts? Also since 7sage logic games are available online for free..and so are Manhattan logical reasoning and reading comp stuff..do yall think it is worth it to pay $200 solely for Jy lessons and explanations ? I have acceaa to most prep tests already .

Thanks

Shredzeppelin240

Bronze

Re: What do y'all think of my study plan..any thoughts ?

Post by Shredzeppelin240 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:48 pm

I wouldn't consider myself an LSAT pro, but after lurking around here for months as well as other sources, I bet most people say this is too long. Do whatever the mods tell you, I bet Quantinuum gets here first. Just do whatever he/she says.

nicole1994

New

Post by nicole1994 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Getting ready for class in morning +going to class=5-8 hrs a day
(I live off campus )
Studying = at least -6 hrs a day.. Goes to 10 or 11 have tests which is all the time..I hate procrastinating and have tons of papers and tests due all the time.
Eating+volunteering /meetings=2 hrs a day

Total time spent max=14 hrs on a not so busy day, 17 on a busy day.

Gives me about 4 or 5 hrs a day to study here..on a weekday and like 6 on a weekend..I've heard of many ppl spending like a Yr to study and to jump from 140 to high 160...I think like 8 months is a minimum amount of time from my starting place with full time school and extracurriculars anf if you hate procrastinating . I feel as if I could take some things out but my main piint is that I want to use at least 20 practice tests to just straight drill and learn from what I'm doing wrong..bc I still get questions wrong on sections .

nicole1994

New

Post by nicole1994 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm

However , I think I will spend 2 or 3 wks in stead of 1 month for each section ..spending 6 or 9 wks instead of 12 wks just learning

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”