PowerScore Materials? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lj6711297

New

PowerScore Materials?

Post by lj6711297 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Hey,

I'm retaking the LSAT and had a goal of increasing a 165 to low 170s. Has any used the PowerScore bibles and what was their opinion? My plan was to read all three power score bibles and then buy 30 lsats to practice on. Are the powerscore workbooks also needed? Any feedback will be appreciated.

albanach

Gold

Re: PowerScore Materials?

Post by albanach » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:15 am

If you're scoring a 165, you probably need to work more on tests and less on the books. That said, I found the bibles to be good references when I didn't understand why I was getting a question type wrong.

I'd be looking to get more than 30 tests and start working through them. I think redoing (older) logic games is always useful and I never went anywhere without a couple of games in my pocket. If I had fifteen minutes free, I could take it out and get in a round of practice.

Other than that, work on accuracy first then dial in the speed.

lj6711297

New

Re: PowerScore Materials?

Post by lj6711297 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:17 pm

albanach wrote:If you're scoring a 165, you probably need to work more on tests and less on the books. That said, I found the bibles to be good references when I didn't understand why I was getting a question type wrong.

I'd be looking to get more than 30 tests and start working through them. I think redoing (older) logic games is always useful and I never went anywhere without a couple of games in my pocket. If I had fifteen minutes free, I could take it out and get in a round of practice.

Other than that, work on accuracy first then dial in the speed.
Yeah that makes sense. I don't know if this is relevant, but my last 5/6 practice lsats leading up to my September test were low to mid 170s. I don't know what happened the day of.

Thanks for the feedback

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”