173+ not testing until January. What should I do? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Tommiahipp

New

173+ not testing until January. What should I do?

Post by Tommiahipp » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Hi all,

First, thanks up front for the replies. I am curious to see what you all come up with.

I have been PTing between 173 - 177 for my last 5 practice tests. I think my absolute floor is probably 170. I have aced every section at one point or another in my prep thus far, and my score usually hinges on a good RC section. I am pretty much consistently -3 to -5 total on LR, ace games, and -1 to -4 on RC. There are no obvious patterns in my errors on LR, I basically just get a really hard question or two wrong that my brain could not process right at the time. I still have the 25 most recent PTs to do. So I will be doing PTs 2-3x per week for the next 3 months but I am curious as to what I can be doing in between tests to push my score to the 177-180 range.

I am studying abroad this semester and won't be able to take the test until January. My question is, what should I be doing to grab those last few points on my test? Anyone else ever been in this situation? I am thinking about starting to do PTs with maybe 33:00 / section instead of 35:00 just to keep making it more difficult so test day will feel that much easier.

Thanks again. Looking for any and all creative ideas.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”