Low First LSAT High GPA Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nellyrose

New

Low First LSAT High GPA

Post by nellyrose » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:56 pm

I have a 4.18 GPA at a state university and have my sights set on only top schools. I have worked my ass off in my undergrad and never gotten even an A-. I’m not actually particularly smart. I simply work harder than my peers (in other words, I have no life outside the library :roll: ). I’m worried that my LSAT score will ruin everything. I’ve been studying since the late spring with the newest Kaplan workbook (problem #1 right there, I know). I recently took my first practice LSAT and, to my horror, scored a 151. I want a 173 by the January LSAT at the latest. I have signed up for a full online Powerscore course and will work as hard as I have worked with my GPA. I know I have the willpower to do it, and I won’t accept a score in the 150s/60s no matter what I have to do to myself. I’ve seen other threads where people have displayed their score increases, but I want to know how exactly you did this step-by-step. Thanks a bunch!

Wild Card

Silver

Re: Low First LSAT High GPA

Post by Wild Card » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:17 pm

I went from 146 to 169, but it took me a long, long time.

I started by working through the Powerscore Bibles and the Manhattan set. Then I burned through 30 PTs without much improvement, stuck in the low 160s. I started scoring in the high 160s only after I started drilling by question type.

If I had to do it all over again, I would've drilled by question type before plowing through full-length PTs.

You can do it.

nellyrose

New

Re: Low First LSAT High GPA

Post by nellyrose » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Wild Card wrote:I went from 146 to 169, but it took me a long, long time.

I started by working through the Powerscore Bibles and the Manhattan set. Then I burned through 30 PTs without much improvement, stuck in the low 160s. I started scoring in the high 160s only after I started drilling by question type.

If I had to do it all over again, I would've drilled by question type before plowing through full-length PTs.

You can do it.
Thanks so much!! I missed all of the justify and assumption questions, so there are definitely specific question types that I need to drill.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”