Burnout/Unsure of Next Steps Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Vegeta51

New

Burnout/Unsure of Next Steps

Post by Vegeta51 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Hey everyone, so I have a couple of questions that I’m hoping the TLS wizards can give me some advice regarding. The primary concern I have is about burnout.

For some background. I scored a 155 on Dec 2017 LSAT, then I retook in Feb and ended up with a 161. And in my PTs I haven’t been able to break past 165 (multiple 165s).

Since the Feb test, I would drill a full timed section or two of mixed review daily, until about May, Where I Started doing three timed sections a day and review. Now for the past two weeks, I’ve been shooting for 4 sections per day and review (a full test sans experimental). This has translated into easily 12+ hour long days for me. I’m registered for Monday’s June LSAT and I have experienced something I’ve never felt before. It’s something between brain fog and a noticeable light headache that’s just been continuing for the past day or two... oddly enough I experience it at the end of my more recent sessions and it’s been getting worse (today being the worst of it). I’m not someone who’s ever been prone to headaches, so I’m assuming i’ve Finally been hit with that mythical creature called “burnout”

Has anyone experienced this, and if they have, can you go into what helped? I have largely heard that taking a “break” helps, but with this June test on Monday, I’m freaking out because that gives me little time to figure out how to fix this. I know The July test is just around the corner too, but the thought of taking this test 4 times and potentially still not cutting the 170 score I’m aiming for is just demoralizing at this point.

Additionally the scoring plateau just makes the situation even more aggravating. Does anyone have any advice on how to break through that? Has anyone experienced score plateau related to burnout?

REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

4LTsPointingNorth

Bronze

Re: Burnout/Unsure of Next Steps

Post by 4LTsPointingNorth » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 pm

After a long period of studying for the LSAT, like you describe, your best hope for performing well on test day now is to go into the test in a good mental state.

The marginal improvements you might possibly make tomorrow are much less important than the potential value of spending the day exercising, eating well, and distracting yourself from the test.

Do whatever you can tomorrow to get to a good mental place where you aren't constantly thinking about the test, and try to get as much sleep as possible tomorrow night.

Good luck on Monday.

Vegeta51

New

Re: Burnout/Unsure of Next Steps

Post by Vegeta51 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Hey, thanks for commenting. Yeah. I didn’t get to review yesterday’s PT. After creating that post, I Played some Fortnite with some old friends (haven’t been on video games in months). Got a workout in. Already feeling better. Headache isn’t there. I probably overdid it. I’m going to relax today as well, get some cardio in, and watch Billions later tonight. It’s tough because my instincts are all running towards being able to go over those last mistakes I made, but I don’t want to risk making the problem worse.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”