July Test, most effective way to study? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
amn15

New

July Test, most effective way to study?

Post by amn15 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:53 pm

I scored a 157 with only brief studying about two weeks ago, and then a 159 two days ago on timed PTs. I took a timed one today and scored a 152, but I did it in a cafe instead of the library since I read that you should try to take practice exams under many conditions so you don't get distracted easily during the test and I feel like that might have been the downfall for that last PT. I was hoping to score in the mid to upper 160s for the July test, but after that recent PT i'm wondering if I should cancel and just take the September one... would it be feasible for me to make such a big jump in 7 weeks? I have a part time job that leaves my afternoons free so I can study afternoon/nights but I'm worried about burning myself out.

I average around -7/8 LR and I'm looking for ways to bump that up! I ordered the PowerScore Bibles for LG and LR and they should be here tomorrow. Are there any additional things people recommend for LR? And for RC, the first test I took I got -3 but the most recent one I took I got -10 (yikes) because it was at the end of the PT and I found myself getting bored/distracted so if anyone has any advice on how to keep one's head straight that would be great.

Thanks!

preamble

Bronze

Re: July Test, most effective way to study?

Post by preamble » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:25 pm

I highly recommend 7sage for LR. Without having even finished the core curriculum, I am going -1 or -2 per LR section. Prior to 7sage, I went through the LR Bible but I didn't find it helped all that much - what I did like, however, was the type training book for LR by PowerScore.

I use the type training book as a companion to my 7sage lessons. So, for example, if I complete a lesson in 7sage on Must Be True questions, I then do a set of 10 or 15 or 20 problems (depending on how comfortable I feel with the question type) from the PS workbook.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”