166 Diagnostic -- where to go from here? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fishnchips

New

166 Diagnostic -- where to go from here?

Post by fishnchips » Thu May 31, 2018 12:45 am

Hi guys. So I recently decided to take the LSAT and apply to law school, and just took the June 2007 diagnostic yesterday. I got a 166 (-3 on LG, -5 on LR, -4 on RC for a total of -12). I don't really know how to interpret this at all, or where I'm supposed to go from here because I'm not really all that informed on the law school admission process yet.

I'm signed up for the September LSAT and will apply this coming cycle. I'm graduating this June (STEM major) so I have basically all of summer to study for this. I've also heard that all that really matters for law school admissions is GPA (I used the online GPA calculator on 7Sage.com and it came out to a 4.05 out of 4.33 with the extra points for A+s) and LSAT -- is that true? Any insight would be great, thanks!

vattah

New

Re: 166 Diagnostic -- where to go from here?

Post by vattah » Thu May 31, 2018 2:15 am

that's a really good diagnostic score. was it timed?

From what I've gathered, 7sage [free videos describing how to solve real lsat LG questions] and the Powerscore LG Bible are good for the Logic Games, you may not need both. The MLSAT is good for LR, and the Powescore RC Bible is good for RC. Also, taking a lot of real LSAT practice tests and tracking your scores is very effective. You can buy them off of Amazon and I think the newest one is test 82, so work your way down and see how many you need, most people recommend taking 20 at the minimum, but this is subjective.

And yes, for the most part, LSAT and GPA are the most important factors. Some schools are more subjective and consider softs more heavily (your extracurriculars), such as Stanford and Yale, and some are much more numbers based, such as Harvard. Your GPA puts you in a really good spot tbh. Increasing your LSAT Score just 7 more points put you at the median for Yale [more is always better, obviously].

fishnchips

New

Re: 166 Diagnostic -- where to go from here?

Post by fishnchips » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:02 am

Wow, thanks so much for the detailed response! Yes, it was timed. Thank you for all the info/resources -- hopefully I'll be able to raise my score by Sept. then!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”