Score aren't improving Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
edwards704

New

Score aren't improving

Post by edwards704 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:07 am

I've been studying for June test day since the last week of February. I begin taking timed p-test in March and my scores started to range form 138s-144. I Finally managed to hit the 150s in April one time and then my score went back down to the 144s and even the 130s again!!! So I figured it was burn out I and took four-five days offs last week. This week I took two timed p-test on separate days and scored 144 and 140 on each. Am stressing out and am so frustrated. I don't know what am doing wrong. At this point am taking three p-test a week and doing 30 to an hour practicing for each section in between those days and taking a rest day on Saturday ( Am thinking doing 35 min timed practicing for each section instead of up to an hour). Am also thinking about signing up for the July test day as well, since I doubt I can manage a decent score by June test day. :cry:

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Score aren't improving

Post by sparkytrainer » Wed May 02, 2018 11:33 am

1- You need to stop thinking about possible test dates. You need to focus on getting that score up.

That means learning the test. Right now you are just repeating mistakes after mistakes. You can watch logic game tutorials on youtube for free. Go spend the next 1, 2, or 3 months focusing purely on getting 0 wrong on games. Then move onto other sections.

snowball2

Bronze

Post by snowball2 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Or take a prep class/hire a tutor. If you aren't getting it on your own, take it to the next level.

amot123

New

Post by amot123 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:31 pm

One method that helped me was to focus in one section LG, LR, or RC for 1-2 weeks. During this period, I worked exclusively on that section. As soon as I completed the section (35min), I checked my answers. I reviewed my incorrect answers and made sure to completely understand why I missed the question. For LG, I made sure to comprehend the whole game before I reviewed my incorrect answers. It is VERY important to understand your mistakes, so that you don't make them as often/again.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Wed May 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Were you getting all or most questions correct before starting timed tests? In other words, have you learned the test but aren't familiar enough to answer quickly, or did you jump to timed tests too soon.

If it's the first, you need to ramp up speed more gently. Start with really old tests, add a timing element (but much more than 35 minutes) and keep doing questions until you get faster. You need to review _every_ questions after each test. Why was that one correct. why was that one wrong. Once you are matching your untimed scores, dial in the timing a bit more until you hit 35 minutes.

If it's the latter, you need to stick to learning the test for now. That means following the study guides and becoming more familiar with the test questions.

Don't be afraid of recognizing that you may not have an LSAT score for the upcoming cycle. Law school can wait.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”