Score went down, feeling stuck! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lookathat

New

Score went down, feeling stuck!

Post by lookathat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Hey everyone,
I have been studying for the June 2018 LSAT since October. I took a Kaplan in-person class because I wanted to do an in-person course rather than online (Tried to do Powerscore but they cancelled on me twice). I started at a 153 diagnostic and eventually brought it up to a 160. Since then I was scoring in the low 160s; I took a full-length, proctored practice exam with testlike conditions at a local college and scored a 163 but that has been my highest score to date. I have been continuously reviewing and studying since my class ended on top of going to school full-time. Today I took a full practice test and scored a 157, and I'm feeling very disheartened. I feel like I have been improving in practice but my actual test taking has slowed down. I can't seem to get less than 7 LR questions wrong, and although RC is normally my best section I'll occasionally miss over 6 like I did today. Games are okay for me, but I usually struggle with time towards the end of the section and average about 5 wrong.
I have also tried studying PowerScore and LSAT Trainer material, but nothing has seemed to help. I'm now worried I screwed myself over by trying to learn too many different study methods or something. I do have diagnosed anxiety, so the feeling of getting worse so close to the exam is not great. I am considering attempting to request additional time accommodations for the July LSAT. I feel completely lost and stuck and want to improve, but feel like nothing I do helps once I sit down and try under timed conditions. I don't want to move forward until I can figure out the best possible way to bring up my score and avoid regressing further.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The_TLS_Shill

New

Re: Score went down, feeling stuck!

Post by The_TLS_Shill » Tue May 01, 2018 4:58 pm

lookathat wrote:Hey everyone,
I have been studying for the June 2018 LSAT since October. I took a Kaplan in-person class because I wanted to do an in-person course rather than online (Tried to do Powerscore but they cancelled on me twice). I started at a 153 diagnostic and eventually brought it up to a 160. Since then I was scoring in the low 160s; I took a full-length, proctored practice exam with testlike conditions at a local college and scored a 163 but that has been my highest score to date. I have been continuously reviewing and studying since my class ended on top of going to school full-time. Today I took a full practice test and scored a 157, and I'm feeling very disheartened. I feel like I have been improving in practice but my actual test taking has slowed down. I can't seem to get less than 7 LR questions wrong, and although RC is normally my best section I'll occasionally miss over 6 like I did today. Games are okay for me, but I usually struggle with time towards the end of the section and average about 5 wrong.
I have also tried studying PowerScore and LSAT Trainer material, but nothing has seemed to help. I'm now worried I screwed myself over by trying to learn too many different study methods or something. I do have diagnosed anxiety, so the feeling of getting worse so close to the exam is not great. I am considering attempting to request additional time accommodations for the July LSAT. I feel completely lost and stuck and want to improve, but feel like nothing I do helps once I sit down and try under timed conditions. I don't want to move forward until I can figure out the best possible way to bring up my score and avoid regressing further.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

What do you want advice about?
Nice rant.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Tue May 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Keep practicing. Dont worry about June, you might not be ready by then. But practice practice practice

lookathat

New

Post by lookathat » Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 pm

What do you want advice about?
Nice rant.[/quote]

Sorry, first time poster and I was feeling a bit upset to say the least! Any advice about improving score before June/if it's even worth trying to do at this point

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”