15/25 on Logical Reasoning (Took me 2 hours) Is this normal For a Beginner? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tonysoprano86

New

15/25 on Logical Reasoning (Took me 2 hours) Is this normal For a Beginner?

Post by tonysoprano86 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm

The subject line says it all. I just started studying for the LSAT. My study plan is to read 40-50 pages in the power score bible for logical reasoning, followed by a complete section everyday. When I get through the logical reasoning bible, shift to logic games and do the same. Then shift to the reading comprehension. Within this process I will take a full length LSAT twice per week in addition to the other study habits.

I am about three days into studying and I completed a section of logical reasoning. I got 60% of them right, but it took me almost 2 hours to finish. Is my processing speed just way too slow to ever get to a point where I can achieve an LSAT score high enough to gain admittance to an ABA approved law school?

Note: This is not a flame or troll thread. I have a 3.6 gpa but I can tell this LSAT stuff is going to be a rough ride for me. Anyone else start this slow and inefficient and get your score high enough to go to law school?

0person0

New

Re: 15/25 on Logical Reasoning (Took me 2 hours) Is this normal For a Beginner?

Post by 0person0 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:24 pm

I am a beginner too and yes, at times I panic thinking about the amount of time spent on answering.

I'm trying to follow the steps many used before: 1) MASTERY (ACCURACY) ----> 2) TIMING ---> 3) ENDURANCE

This first month I want to get that accuracy/mastery perfected and get to a point where I'm missing only a couple of question (if any).
Then I will start to introduce time constraint and finally (at least one month before the test on September) I want to do simulations once a week to build that endurance.

On LR it takes me about 1h15m, but we are all different, maybe try again with 1h30m which is still plenty of time and see what happens.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”