PT Score Drops (Close to Diagnostic Score Despite Months of Studying) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

New

PT Score Drops (Close to Diagnostic Score Despite Months of Studying)

Post by 183183 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 am

Hi,

I'd really appreciate some insight into my current situation. I'm registered for the June LSAT and I've been studying since November. My diagnostic was a 159, and the second test I took a week later was a 164 (on tests 62 and 63 respectively).

After some studying I was stuck on 164, and got that on 3 PTs in a row. I eventually got it up to 167, and got that for a few PTs in a row. I started using some of the earlier PTs (late 40s) in order to save the most recent tests for the last two months before June. During this time I scored a 169, 170, and 174 and felt I was making progress.

Since the beginning of April, I have taken 4 PTs from tests 65-68 and gotten a 167, 163, 166, 162. I feel like I am essentially exactly where I started in November, and that all of the studying I've done in the past months were useless.

In early winter when I felt like I was consistently getting the same score instead of improving, I changed my review method and began scanning every LR question I got wrong, inserting the questions into a powerpoint organized by question type, and commenting on why I got each on wrong. I also began recording my progress with each LG, tracking how many I got wrong on which try, and writing notes on what caused the errors. (I don't have a well developed strategy for RC right now as it's my most consistently good section).

I'm not sure what else I could be doing, except putting more hours in, though I have a full time job so that's easier said than done. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The_TLS_Shill

New

Re: PT Score Drops (Close to Diagnostic Score Despite Months of Studying)

Post by The_TLS_Shill » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 pm

183183 wrote:Hi,

I'd really appreciate some insight into my current situation. I'm registered for the June LSAT and I've been studying since November. My diagnostic was a 159, and the second test I took a week later was a 164 (on tests 62 and 63 respectively).

After some studying I was stuck on 164, and got that on 3 PTs in a row. I eventually got it up to 167, and got that for a few PTs in a row. I started using some of the earlier PTs (late 40s) in order to save the most recent tests for the last two months before June. During this time I scored a 169, 170, and 174 and felt I was making progress.

Since the beginning of April, I have taken 4 PTs from tests 65-68 and gotten a 167, 163, 166, 162. I feel like I am essentially exactly where I started in November, and that all of the studying I've done in the past months were useless.

In early winter when I felt like I was consistently getting the same score instead of improving, I changed my review method and began scanning every LR question I got wrong, inserting the questions into a powerpoint organized by question type, and commenting on why I got each on wrong. I also began recording my progress with each LG, tracking how many I got wrong on which try, and writing notes on what caused the errors. (I don't have a well developed strategy for RC right now as it's my most consistently good section).

I'm not sure what else I could be doing, except putting more hours in, though I have a full time job so that's easier said than done. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Blind Review method... Google search. correct before check :)

Do the same games over and over (breaks at work are great times to do games you have seen before).
Don't worry about recycling tests; if you are not getting 180 every time then you are missing something. I would do a test I have already done to see if your score moves, if you miss the same Q's, etc.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”