november 2018 test date Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Shelby

New

november 2018 test date

Post by Shelby » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:07 pm

I will be applying to law schools in the fall, and I was planning to take the September LSAT, but now I may not even be in the country for that test date.

This year, with the November 2018 test date, I was wondering if waiting until then to take it would hurt my chances of getting into a top school? Ideally I would want to apply early so I have a better chance of getting (much-needed) aid money and scholarships, but again it may not be possible.

Alternatively, I have already started studying and if I really worked at it the next 3-4 months on top of school, I could possibly be ready by the July date and then still have the November as a last resort if I don't do well. I'm just not sure what to do at this point since my original plan probably isn't going to work, so any advice at all would be appreciated!

King of the North

Bronze

Re: november 2018 test date

Post by King of the North » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Have you considered taking it in sept?

Shelby

New

Post by Shelby » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:15 pm

my original plan was to take it in September, but I can't anymore because I'm not going to be in the country. The June date is during my finals week for school, so that leaves either July or November.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Shelby wrote:my original plan was to take it in September, but I can't anymore because I'm not going to be in the country. The June date is during my finals week for school, so that leaves either July or November.
You know the lsat is offered in a bunch of international locations right? I have personally taken the LSAT both in the US and abroad and its the same experience either way.

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Ah. I understand that. Best of luck to you.

Shelby

New

Post by Shelby » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:51 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
Shelby wrote:my original plan was to take it in September, but I can't anymore because I'm not going to be in the country. The June date is during my finals week for school, so that leaves either July or November.
You know the lsat is offered in a bunch of international locations right? I have personally taken the LSAT both in the US and abroad and its the same experience either way.
I checked, and I can't find anywhere that would indicate a September test in Costa Rica, which is where I'll be.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”