RC Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
girlygirl9

New

RC

Post by girlygirl9 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:06 am

So I'm hitting -5 now in my sections. My strategy: I write out the main point in a few words on the side of each paragraph.
I highlight really important things that I know by the amount of sections I've done I will have to come back to via the questions. That's it.
Because of the convoluted nature of many of the stimuli, it takes me forever to get through the questions.
I'm an avid reader and I usually have a pretty solid understanding of the passage. The questions are just brutal, tbh.
Any tips for going faster?

AmbulanceChas3r

New

Re: RC

Post by AmbulanceChas3r » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:09 pm

don't write out anything, see if you can underline stuff instead to go faster.

The_TLS_Shill

New

Re: RC

Post by The_TLS_Shill » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:38 pm

girlygirl9 wrote:So I'm hitting -5 now in my sections. My strategy: I write out the main point in a few words on the side of each paragraph.
I highlight really important things that I know by the amount of sections I've done I will have to come back to via the questions. That's it.
Because of the convoluted nature of many of the stimuli, it takes me forever to get through the questions.
I'm an avid reader and I usually have a pretty solid understanding of the passage. The questions are just brutal, tbh.
Any tips for going faster?

Try different things.
Problem with underlining vs your method- underlining tends to be detail specific and the context can get fucked up.
Holistic... miss details? MP.

MP beats details IMO, plus you are reasoning which is worth the two or three extra seconds.

If I write a MP statement it is about 4 words.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”