Study over 8 months or 4? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gingerroot

New

Study over 8 months or 4?

Post by gingerroot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:13 am

I am working FT temp job while attempting to figure out a solid study plan for the November exam. I’m stuck between the two following ideas: 1) doing light reading on the weekends and once my contract is up in July begin to ramp up my studies or 2) waiting until my contract is up in July and then studying FT (8 hours a day) until November?

I am unsure which plan would be the most beneficial as the 8 month plan (plan #1) has the highest potential for burnout while the 4 month plan (plan #2) gives me less time to study.

What are your thoughts?

In addition, the resources I will be using are the Powerscore LR and RC bibles, 7Sage course for LG and Powerscores LR workbook.

blueprint-nick

New

Re: Study over 8 months or 4?

Post by blueprint-nick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:47 am

I would definitely not recommend planning to do 8 hours a day. That does not seem sustainable to me. If you can find about 20 hours a week to put in between now and the June or July exam you will be in great shape. Why are you committed to the November exam? Taking a summer exam will allow you to apply in September of your cycle and get an advantage over other applicants.

gingerroot

New

Re: Study over 8 months or 4?

Post by gingerroot » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:03 pm

blueprint-nick wrote:I would definitely not recommend planning to do 8 hours a day. That does not seem sustainable to me. If you can find about 20 hours a week to put in between now and the June or July exam you will be in great shape. Why are you committed to the November exam? Taking a summer exam will allow you to apply in September of your cycle and get an advantage over other applicants.

I’m choosing to take the November exam brcause I am enrolled in an Americorps program that involves a lot of projects and takes up my time. Once the program is over in July I’ll be in a position where I can dedicate a lot of time to the exam.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”