PTing at 174. Expected Improvement? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hkrgv

New

PTing at 174. Expected Improvement?

Post by hkrgv » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Back in August, I took a cold diagnostic and scored 156. I have been studying lightly on and off since September, but I've only really started to buckle down these past couple weeks. When I was studying on and off, I was PTing at around 165 consistently, but today I took my first test since I've been studying harder and scored 174. I'm taking the LSAT in June. How much do you guys think I'll be able to improve if I keep up the following study schedule?

Right now I'm in school, so I'm trying to do a bit of a balancing act. I'm doing 1 timed section of either LR, LG, and RC (a rotation) every day, with a full timed test every weekend. I'm also drilling logic games in my free time, because it's my weakest section. For example, today my scores were:
- LR 23/25
- LR 25/26
- RC 26/27
- LG 18/23

Once school is done in mid-April, I will be upping my studying to 3 timed tests per week until the test, with every other day doing drilling. You guys all seem super knowledgeable about LSAT stuff, so I was wondering what you guys think my chance for improvement is following that schedule?

G_willy

New

Re: PTing at 174. Expected Improvement?

Post by G_willy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:12 pm

hkrgv wrote:Back in August, I took a cold diagnostic and scored 156. I have been studying lightly on and off since September, but I've only really started to buckle down these past couple weeks. When I was studying on and off, I was PTing at around 165 consistently, but today I took my first test since I've been studying harder and scored 174. I'm taking the LSAT in June. How much do you guys think I'll be able to improve if I keep up the following study schedule?

Right now I'm in school, so I'm trying to do a bit of a balancing act. I'm doing 1 timed section of either LR, LG, and RC (a rotation) every day, with a full timed test every weekend. I'm also drilling logic games in my free time, because it's my weakest section. For example, today my scores were:
- LR 23/25
- LR 25/26
- RC 26/27
- LG 18/23

Once school is done in mid-April, I will be upping my studying to 3 timed tests per week until the test, with every other day doing drilling. You guys all seem super knowledgeable about LSAT stuff, so I was wondering what you guys think my chance for improvement is following that schedule?
if you can keep scoring like that on reading comp you can get 177-180 easily. No joke

bluefreakbob

New

Post by bluefreakbob » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm in a similar boat as you - taking the test in June, was PT'ing for awhile around 172-174. Three weeks ago it just clicked and I jumped to consistently PT'ing 179-180. So keep at it

blueprint-nick

New

Post by blueprint-nick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 am

You are in great shape! LGs is definitely the most improvable section, so keep at it and you are on track to get an excellent score!

econ

New

Post by econ » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:19 pm

hkrgv, did you get right into drilling after your initial test or did you run through other material (Trainer, bibles)? I'll be taking Sept and am deciding on material now.

What specifically did you find in your studying that jumped you from mid 160s to the 170s?

I wanted to PM you but it looks like that feature has been removed for some reason.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blueprint-nick

New

Post by blueprint-nick » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 pm

Dude you are killing it. What you need now is to drill LGs into the ground. At your level there is no excuse for getting anything less than -1 wrong on LGs. The breakthrough for me in LGs came with doing more scenarios.

hkrgv

New

Post by hkrgv » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:43 pm

econ wrote:hkrgv, did you get right into drilling after your initial test or did you run through other material (Trainer, bibles)? I'll be taking Sept and am deciding on material now.

What specifically did you find in your studying that jumped you from mid 160s to the 170s?

I wanted to PM you but it looks like that feature has been removed for some reason.
Hey! So first I went through all 3 Powerscore bibles (although I wouldn't recognize the RC one, to be honest). Then I bought a bunch of the LSAC "Real, Actual..." series preptest books, and I do a timed test at least once a week under timed conditions! As far as making the jump from 160s-170s, I found that it happened when I started being able to do better at logic games, which just came from drilling them like crazy!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”