The Official February 2018 Waiters Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cityb101

New

Re: The Official February 2018 Waiters Thread

Post by cityb101 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Any estimates regarding the curve/scale? IIRC December was -12 and you still got a 170. I'm thinking -10 to -12 on this one

DKM

New

Post by DKM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:29 pm

cityb101 wrote:Any estimates regarding the curve/scale? IIRC December was -12 and you still got a 170. I'm thinking -10 to -12 on this one
Will we even be able to figure it out? I don't think February takers get to even look at the grading scale. Is our best bet just deciphering and deducting what we read from others on here, or am I mistaken?

Law 202x

New

Post by Law 202x » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 pm

So we won't even know how many we got right?

cityb101

New

Post by cityb101 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:00 am

DKM wrote:
cityb101 wrote:Any estimates regarding the curve/scale? IIRC December was -12 and you still got a 170. I'm thinking -10 to -12 on this one
Will we even be able to figure it out? I don't think February takers get to even look at the grading scale. Is our best bet just deciphering and deducting what we read from others on here, or am I mistaken?
Nah, I don't think we're able to actually figure it out. I guess I'm just curious how others felt it went. It didn't feel significantly easier than December to me

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:37 am

DKM wrote:
Idk if it’s always that way or just some years.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:39 am

cityb101 wrote:
DKM wrote:
Nah, I don't think we're able to actually figure it out. I guess I'm just curious how others felt it went. It didn't feel significantly easier than December to me

I think there were more opportunities to get tripped up with curve balls - like the structure of some games, but the logic seemed straight forward. But who knows... I feel like I’m just trying to figure out how quickly I can get to ten tests on. Record hahhaa

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 am

Do significantly less people take the Feb test? If so is it because the awkward time of year? I always thought it would be a good idea to take this test for 2019 admissions, and that way I will have more opportunities to amend my mistakes before I apply.

cityb101

New

Post by cityb101 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Bartlet4President wrote:Do significantly less people take the Feb test? If so is it because the awkward time of year? I always thought it would be a good idea to take this test for 2019 admissions, and that way I will have more opportunities to amend my mistakes before I apply.
I think fewer people take it--certainly appeared to be the case at my testing center. I've heard that the Feb test tends to be more ordinary than others in that they can't really put out a game that is off the charts weird…people would complain about unfairness since it's an undisclosed exam.

DKM

New

Post by DKM » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Bartlet4President wrote:Do significantly less people take the Feb test? If so is it because the awkward time of year? I always thought it would be a good idea to take this test for 2019 admissions, and that way I will have more opportunities to amend my mistakes before I apply.
The thing is, with an undisclosed test, it's impossible to see where your mistakes are in the first place. You really just have to go with your gut. I think I did great on RC and LG, but there isn't a way for me to ever know. I took the Feb test and would only recommend it if you are either 1.) just looking for some more scholarship money, or 2.) know for a fact you are not going to take the test again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:20 pm

cityb101 wrote:
I think fewer people take it--certainly appeared to be the case at my testing center. I've heard that the Feb test tends to be more ordinary than others in that they can't really put out a game that is off the charts weird…people would complain about unfairness since it's an undisclosed exam.
Historically (and even in a couple fairly recent years) there have actually been plenty of February administrations that included a 'weird'/oddball LG. The three previously undisclosed February tests that are in the SuperPrep book (not the newer SuperPrep II) all have a weird and/or really hard somewhat unusual game in them. A circular sequencing LG appeared in a February test several years ago and a pattern game on another fairly recent one.

There's no way to know with statistical certainty since most of the previously administered February tests remain undisclosed, but based on test taker reports I've heard and read over many many years it appears that February administrations are no more or less likely than disclosed administrations from having a weird game, being significantly hard or easier or having something unusual about them.

Just like the rest of the disclosed LSAT administrations, it's basically random chance of what ends up getting administered. Meaning that LSAC doesn't 'put their hands on the scale' so to speak by purposely selecting a particular test-form in a different way than test-forms for disclosed administrations are selected. LSAC uses an automated LSAT assembler computer program to generate what they call 'operational test-forms' in order to put together each administered test from pre-tested questions and sections that are in their 'item bank'. The whole process and LSAT assembler software is designed to make it random in nature so that no particular administration month is typically a certain way that is consistently and predictably slightly different from other administration months each year. In short, it's done in a way so that no particular administration month always has an easier or harder test/normal or unusual LG's/etc. It's all just random according to what the computer program spits out.

Historically the February administration has always had the lowest amount of test takers mainly because scores from it come out too late to be competitive for the then active admissions cycle which begins in late September/early October of the preceding year and because the end of each year Holidays season makes it hard for people to stay dedicated to consistently putting in adequate prep time/work/effort over the few months leading up to the test.

None of this matters anymore anyway with the new revamped LSAT administrations per year schedule LSAC has come up with. There are now more than four administrations per year and some of them are in different months than before. This year was the last February administration. Next year the first LSAT of the calendar year is in January. With the new additional administrations per year and different months some of them are in, there will be an LSAT administration about every two months over most of the calendar year as well as one in both June and another the next month in July to make it easier for people to take it in summer when normal schedule college classes/semesters are not in session.

https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-sourc ... ateweb.pdf

Anyway, so there's a bunch of fairly useless LSAT trivia for you to mull while you wait for your score!
Hope you did well on the test!

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Jeffort wrote:
cityb101 wrote:
Historically (and even in a couple fairly recent years) there have actually been plenty of February administrations that included a 'weird'/oddball LG. The three previously undisclosed February tests that are in the SuperPrep book (not the newer SuperPrep II) all have a weird and/or really hard somewhat unusual game in them. A circular sequencing LG appeared in a February test several years ago and a pattern game on another fairly recent one.

There's no way to know with statistical certainty since most of the previously administered February tests remain undisclosed, but based on test taker reports I've heard and read over many many years it appears that February administrations are no more or less likely than disclosed administrations from having a weird game, being significantly hard or easier or having something unusual about them.

Just like the rest of the disclosed LSAT administrations, it's basically random chance of what ends up getting administered. Meaning that LSAC doesn't 'put their hands on the scale' so to speak by purposely selecting a particular test-form in a different way than test-forms for disclosed administrations are selected. LSAC uses an automated LSAT assembler computer program to generate what they call 'operational test-forms' in order to put together each administered test from pre-tested questions and sections that are in their 'item bank'. The whole process and LSAT assembler software is designed to make it random in nature so that no particular administration month is typically a certain way that is consistently and predictably slightly different from other administration months each year. In short, it's done in a way so that no particular administration month always has an easier or harder test/normal or unusual LG's/etc. It's all just random according to what the computer program spits out.

Historically the February administration has always had the lowest amount of test takers mainly because scores from it come out too late to be competitive for the then active admissions cycle which begins in late September/early October of the preceding year and because the end of each year Holidays season makes it hard for people to stay dedicated to consistently putting in adequate prep time/work/effort over the few months leading up to the test.

None of this matters anymore anyway with the new revamped LSAT administrations per year schedule LSAC has come up with. There are now more than four administrations per year and some of them are in different months than before. This year was the last February administration. Next year the first LSAT of the calendar year is in January. With the new additional administrations per year and different months some of them are in, there will be an LSAT administration about every two months over most of the calendar year as well as one in both June and another the next month in July to make it easier for people to take it in summer when normal schedule college classes/semesters are not in session.

https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-sourc ... ateweb.pdf

Anyway, so there's a bunch of fairly useless LSAT trivia for you to mull while you wait for your score!
Hope you did well on the test!

About the last bit you said, That’s pretty much what I thought . I don’t think it matters. Your score is your score is your score.

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Does LSAC usually take longer to release scores to test takers for Feb tests? I noticed the score release wouldn't be until March 8, 2018.

jthel08

New

Post by jthel08 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Does anyone think we will get lucky and receive scores about two weeks earlier than the projected release date?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:22 pm

jthel08 wrote:Does anyone think we will get lucky and receive scores about two weeks earlier than the projected release date?
Powerscore (usually pretty accurate within a few days), predicts March 2nd

jthel08

New

Post by jthel08 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 am

StetsonU wrote:
jthel08 wrote:Does anyone think we will get lucky and receive scores about two weeks earlier than the projected release date?
Powerscore (usually pretty accurate within a few days), predicts March 2nd

I saw that, I just noticed that December scores released about 12 days early. Fingers are crossed we can manage to get a lucky break such as December testers.

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Today and tomorrow are the predicted most likely days, anyone else refreshing their LSAC/email

kobesmith

New

Post by kobesmith » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 pm

StetsonU wrote:Today and tomorrow are the predicted most likely days, anyone else refreshing their LSAC/email
Yes, I am checking my emails every 5 minutes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rlp123

New

Post by Rlp123 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:18 pm

I really do hope tomorrow is the day.

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:28 pm

Been checking all day with nothing

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:28 pm

Definitely too late for today?

ExpertonBIRDLAW

New

Post by ExpertonBIRDLAW » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Has anyone gotten their score today?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rlp123

New

Post by Rlp123 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:08 pm

It’s not happening today is it?

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:37 pm

Rlp123 wrote:It’s not happening today is it?

Not thinking so

Rlp123

New

Post by Rlp123 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Bartlet4President wrote:
Rlp123 wrote:It’s not happening today is it?

Not thinking so

Ooof how will I survive til next week? :shock:

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Sigh....extremely low chances for a weekend release. Time to suffer the weekend and wait until next week

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”