FEB 2018 LSAT - Cancelled due to inclement weather - Question Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
eraserhead

New

FEB 2018 LSAT - Cancelled due to inclement weather - Question

Post by eraserhead » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 pm

So my test center will be closed tomorrow due to inclement weather. I should be getting an email next week from LSAC with additional information about rescheduling.

Has anyone gone through this? I am concerned about a few things. Mostly the way in which they set the curve given that we would be given a different exam. So far there are only 5 testing centers listed as closed on the LSAC website. It would be a small group of individuals taking the make-up exam.

I've also read in other threads that the make-up test utilizes the old format for LG where you don't have the additional writing space to draw out the games. But since these posts were from a few years ago, really hoping that's not the case. Can anyone shed some light on the process? Any other relevant information about this is also appreciated.

Took off several days from work this week to prepare and be in the best state of mind possible prior to the test. Mostly I just wanted to get this over with. :?

Bartlet4President

New

Re: FEB 2018 LSAT - Cancelled due to inclement weather - Question

Post by Bartlet4President » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:55 pm

I didn’t know that they actually had less room on the test... I was under the impression they just published in that format for practice tests. But what do I know

Jeffort

Gold

Re: FEB 2018 LSAT - Cancelled due to inclement weather - Question

Post by Jeffort » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 am

eraserhead wrote:So my test center will be closed tomorrow due to inclement weather. I should be getting an email next week from LSAC with additional information about rescheduling.

Has anyone gone through this? I am concerned about a few things. Mostly the way in which they set the curve given that we would be given a different exam. So far there are only 5 testing centers listed as closed on the LSAC website. It would be a small group of individuals taking the make-up exam.
The scoring scale for each different LSAT test-form is predetermined prior to administration based on how the sections/questions performed (how they determine the difficulty levels of questions and sections as a whole) when administered as experimental sections in previous tests. The LSAT is not graded on a 'curve' determined by the performance of the particular group of people that took a certain test. Theoretically, everyone that takes a particular LSAT could get 170+ scores if only 170+ skill level people took that exam and performed at that level.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”