LG Timeline Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
G_willy

New

LG Timeline

Post by G_willy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:50 pm

How long did it take all of the 175+ phenoms to perfect logic games? I am working through the PS LG book and Manhattan LG sort of side by side (matching up chapters) and trying to get the best grip I can on processes. It seems like it will take me at least a month to get to -0/-1/-2 territory. Is this normal or am I genetically weak? lol. Right now I can rip through easy linear games and the relative ordering questions and get full points in around 6.5 min. It is the 3D (multiple variable) linear games that usually have 2 questions that stump me. How did you tune your senses to find those absurd inferences early in the game? Please help.

Should I start using 7sage?

G_willy.

Platopus

Gold

Re: LG Timeline

Post by Platopus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:32 am

Not a 175+ phenom, but I went -0 LG on the real deal. Seems like you are right on track.

LG is definitely a product of sheer repetition. Even with advance linear games, there are only so many inferences that can be used, and after a while you'll start to notice the patterns and the connections will become easier to spot.

Start with the Powerscore/Manhattan LG books and work through them slowly. I know there is a tendency to rush, but there is no point if you are still struggling with the harder games. After you've gone through the books, print out a big stack of every game ever and start by doing 2 a day / every other day for about a month or so. Don't necessarily worry about time, but keep it in the back of your mind. Once you can start to go -1/-2 comfortably, worry about timing and increasing the total number of games/sections you do.

I would definitely watch the free 7 sage videos after every game. I don't think you need to buy the course, since they are all available for free on Youtube. For me, I really started to get over the hump once I began to mix and match methods from the different guides. Powerscore is great for linear/advanced linear games, and 7 sage is great for grouping games. Don't feel like you need to diagram exactly like the books/7sage though. Do what works for you. To this effect, the really early games are a bit unusual and therefore don't conform neatly to any diagramming method. These are great practice for figuring out what works for YOU. If you can handle an odd game by just naturally pushing out the inferences from a diagram you find intuitive, then you are on the right track.

It took me about 3 months before I was comfortably in -1/-2 territory on timed sections. It took another month to get to -0 consistently.

G_willy

New

Post by G_willy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:12 am

Platopus wrote:Not a 175+ phenom, but I went -0 LG on the real deal. Seems like you are right on track.

LG is definitely a product of sheer repetition. Even with advance linear games, there are only so many inferences that can be used, and after a while you'll start to notice the patterns and the connections will become easier to spot.

Start with the Powerscore/Manhattan LG books and work through them slowly. I know there is a tendency to rush, but there is no point if you are still struggling with the harder games. After you've gone through the books, print out a big stack of every game ever and start by doing 2 a day / every other day for about a month or so. Don't necessarily worry about time, but keep it in the back of your mind. Once you can start to go -1/-2 comfortably, worry about timing and increasing the total number of games/sections you do.

I would definitely watch the free 7 sage videos after every game. I don't think you need to buy the course, since they are all available for free on Youtube. For me, I really started to get over the hump once I began to mix and match methods from the different guides. Powerscore is great for linear/advanced linear games, and 7 sage is great for grouping games. Don't feel like you need to diagram exactly like the books/7sage though. Do what works for you. To this effect, the really early games are a bit unusual and therefore don't conform neatly to any diagramming method. These are great practice for figuring out what works for YOU. If you can handle an odd game by just naturally pushing out the inferences from a diagram you find intuitive, then you are on the right track.

It took me about 3 months before I was comfortably in -1/-2 territory on timed sections. It took another month to get to -0 consistently.
Thanks, this is very useful. I lurked your prior posts. Can I PM you plato? I am basically your twin in terms of #'s and I feel like we are going to be in the same LSAT range. I need all the help I can get. You seem knowledgeable. I have a few more questions if you don't mind talking to a pre-law peasant.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:00 pm

G_willy wrote:
Platopus wrote:Not a 175+ phenom, but I went -0 LG on the real deal. Seems like you are right on track.

Thanks, this is very useful. I lurked your prior posts. Can I PM you plato? I am basically your twin in terms of #'s and I feel like we are going to be in the same LSAT range. I need all the help I can get. You seem knowledgeable. I have a few more questions if you don't mind talking to a pre-law peasant.
Doesn't look like PM's work yet, but you can always message me on law school numbers. I have the same profile name there

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”