Buying Multiple Versions of the Bibles? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
princess-mcs

New

Buying Multiple Versions of the Bibles?

Post by princess-mcs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:45 am

I'm getting a head start on LSAT studying by starting now -- my test is Sept. 2019. I bought the 2017 PowerScore Bibles from a sorority sister last semester, and I was planning on buying the 2018 versions (and maybe the 2019) as well when I finish the ones I have.

Is that necessary? I don't want to stop studying after I finish the 2017 books, but what else can I do in lieu of buying the other versions?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Buying Multiple Versions of the Bibles?

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Take practice tests.

princess-mcs

New

Post by princess-mcs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:15 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Take practice tests.
I'm planning on taking a couple after I finish the 2017 books I have. But where should I go from there? More practice tests, or buy new books with more study material, and then take more tests after that?

preamble

Bronze

Post by preamble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Going through multiple recent versions of the Bibles seems unnecessary -- once you finish/as you go through the Bibles, start drilling sections by type using old PTs (pre-40). Once you are comfortable with your accuracy, introduce timing and start doing timed sections and progress to timed PTs.

The Bibles should serve as your foundation -- the bulk of your preparation will be centered around PTs. Taking them and reviewing them extensively.

princess-mcs

New

Post by princess-mcs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 pm

preamble wrote:Going through multiple recent versions of the Bibles seems unnecessary -- once you finish/as you go through the Bibles, start drilling sections by type using old PTs (pre-40). Once you are comfortable with your accuracy, introduce timing and start doing timed sections and progress to timed PTs.

The Bibles should serve as your foundation -- the bulk of your preparation will be centered around PTs. Taking them and reviewing them extensively.

Sorry, what is pre-40? I'm doing all of this solo, so I'm still learning lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

preamble

Bronze

Post by preamble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Oh, pre-40 as in PTs 1-40 (generally regarded as the "earlier"/"older" PTs.) LSAC numbers their PrepTests and sells them either as individual tests or in bundles of 10. :)

DKilloranPowerScore

Bronze

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:22 pm

If you don't mind me jumping in, rather than reading the Bibles again I'd move on to the Workbooks, which are designed to supplement the Bibles. That, and do a ton of PTs (every one you can get your hands on). The LSAT self study plans we post might help shed light on how those pieces work together: http://students.powerscore.com/self-study/index.cfm

And if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask me directly. Thanks and good luck!

G_willy

New

Post by G_willy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 pm

The bibles barely change year to year. The author just changes the practice problems inside the instructional sections. When there are major changes you can usually read about it on the power score website. From my understanding the 2017 and 2018 PS LG book are very similar.

DKilloranPowerScore

Bronze

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:11 pm

G_willy wrote:The bibles barely change year to year. The author just changes the practice problems inside the instructional sections. When there are major changes you can usually read about it on the power score website. From my understanding the 2017 and 2018 PS LG book are very similar.
Some years they definitely change less than others, but every year I post a discussion of what has changed. Here's the 2018 change article: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-20 ... nd-updates

For the discussion of why they change every year (as in, why we started putting yearly versions out), as well as how much they've changed over the years (quite a bit), that discussion is at: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-20 ... t-editions

I'm always available to discuss or explain what changes occurred and why I made them, so please don't hesitate to ask. And most years the drill problems don't change (although I changed a number this year) :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

G_willy

New

Post by G_willy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:08 pm

DKilloranPowerScore wrote:
G_willy wrote:The bibles barely change year to year. The author just changes the practice problems inside the instructional sections. When there are major changes you can usually read about it on the power score website. From my understanding the 2017 and 2018 PS LG book are very similar.
Some years they definitely change less than others, but every year I post a discussion of what has changed. Here's the 2018 change article: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-20 ... nd-updates

For the discussion of why they change every year (as in, why we started putting yearly versions out), as well as how much they've changed over the years (quite a bit), that discussion is at: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-20 ... t-editions

I'm always available to discuss or explain what changes occurred and why I made them, so please don't hesitate to ask. And most years the drill problems don't change (although I changed a number this year) :D
Did you write the bibles? DKilloranPowerScore bless your beloved soul.

DKilloranPowerScore

Bronze

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:57 pm

G_willy wrote:Did you write the bibles? DKilloranPowerScore bless your beloved soul.
Yes, I did indeed write those books :D Check my post history and you'll see it confirmed a long while back.

Harnas Barnas

New

Post by Harnas Barnas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 am

G_willy wrote:Did you write the bibles? DKilloranPowerScore bless your beloved soul.
Yes, I did indeed write those books :D Check my post history and you'll see it confirmed a long while back.
Must've had divine inspiration!

OP, what is your favorite version of the bibles? I like the king james version.

New

Post by 41262 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Harnas Barnas wrote:
Must've had divine inspiration!

OP, what is your favorite version of the bibles? I like the king james version.
I personally prefer a more modern version - NAB is pretty good, especially since the LSAC changes to the LR sections

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”