Where Do I Start? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
B1G_Ten

New

Where Do I Start?

Post by B1G_Ten » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:01 pm

I am currently employed full-time, almost 2 years removed from Undergrad. Law school has been in the back of my mind for about 5-6 years and I decided its time to start my pursuit.

I know the first thing is to take a cold diagnostic, i am a pretty poor test taker so I know i am not scoring anywhere near the 160-170’s off the bat.

What materials/resources would serve me well considering I am employed? (My hours are manageable but not to the point where I can enroll in Testmasters or Powerscore, etc.

I was thinking about buying LR, LG, RC specific books off of amazon and self-studying/taking a few practice tests until i had enough of a grasp to dive in and commit.

Any/all advice is much appreciated!

olympia

New

Re: Where Do I Start?

Post by olympia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:48 pm

When do you want to take the test?

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:07 pm

It's possible that the best option would be to "wait and see." Khan Academy's LSAT material, which should come out sometime this year, may end up being really good. Their material for other standardized exams has been very well received. If you want a relatively cheap option with which you could get started, the Powerscore LG Bible should be obtainable for roughly $40.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:00 pm

If I could go back and start from the beginning I'd start with The LSAT Trainer and then use 7Sage for Logic games and Manhattan's guides for LR/RC.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:If I could go back and start from the beginning I'd start with The LSAT Trainer and then use 7Sage for Logic games and Manhattan's guides for LR/RC.
Yep, 100%. Don’t even consider the PowerScore Bibles or any other testing material beyond these selections. Really.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:If I could go back and start from the beginning I'd start with The LSAT Trainer and then use 7Sage for Logic games and Manhattan's guides for LR/RC.
^ Definitely this.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B1G_Ten

New

Post by B1G_Ten » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:16 pm

LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim?

B1G_Ten

New

Post by B1G_Ten » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:41 pm

olympia wrote:When do you want to take the test?
I am in no hurry--maybe apply for fall 2019

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:46 pm

B1G_Ten wrote:

LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim?
That’s the one!
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:56 am

LSAT Trainer imo is the best place to begin. His approach to logic games is kind of weird, however; I skipped those chapters in the Trainer and used the Manhattan logic games prep book. When you're ready to start drilling logic games, 7Sage has free walk-through/explanation videos of nearly every logic game ever released. And when you're ready to start drilling individual logical reasoning question types, I would give The Fox LSAT Logical Reasoning Encyclopedia: Disrespecting the LSAT book a look. It's what I'm currently using now to drill individual logical reasoning question types. It has a pretty good amount of questions for you to drill, and the explanations are on the same page so it's convenient. He's also very funny, and in his explanations he does a great job of thinking through problems from the mindset of someone sitting for the LSAT.

There are a lot of good study guides out there. The important thing is to find the one(s) that work for you. But long story short, start with the LSAT Trainer.

B1G_Ten

New

Post by B1G_Ten » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:16 pm

King of the North wrote:LSAT Trainer imo is the best place to begin. His approach to logic games is kind of weird, however; I skipped those chapters in the Trainer and used the Manhattan logic games prep book. When you're ready to start drilling logic games, 7Sage has free walk-through/explanation videos of nearly every logic game ever released. And when you're ready to start drilling individual logical reasoning question types, I would give The Fox LSAT Logical Reasoning Encyclopedia: Disrespecting the LSAT book a look. It's what I'm currently using now to drill individual logical reasoning question types. It has a pretty good amount of questions for you to drill, and the explanations are on the same page so it's convenient. He's also very funny, and in his explanations he does a great job of thinking through problems from the mindset of someone sitting for the LSAT.

There are a lot of good study guides out there. The important thing is to find the one(s) that work for you. But long story short, start with the LSAT Trainer.
Awesome, thank you

TracyFletcher

New

Post by TracyFletcher » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:04 am

Thank You

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”