Guessed on 17 on LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
callaw

New

Guessed on 17 on LSAT

Post by callaw » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Yeah so I fucked up the day of my LSAT, and wound up focusing too much per question. This past December test was my retake, and I choked because I ran out of time on three sections. I guessed on 7 reading comp, 3 on logic games, & 7 on both logical reasoning sections combined. Like I said, I fucked up. Has anyone ever blindly guessed and still done stellar on the test? Also...should I have canceled my score? Because I didn't :lol: I scored a 151 my first time but that was with me answering all of them 'confidently' and having more prep.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: Guessed on 17 on LSAT

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Stellar? Very unlikely.

Could your score be better than your last take? It's possible.

Are you going to have re-take? Yeah

eraserhead

New

Post by eraserhead » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:56 am

callaw wrote:Yeah so I fucked up the day of my LSAT, and wound up focusing too much per question. This past December test was my retake, and I choked because I ran out of time on three sections. I guessed on 7 reading comp, 3 on logic games, & 7 on both logical reasoning sections combined. Like I said, I fucked up. Has anyone ever blindly guessed and still done stellar on the test? Also...should I have canceled my score? Because I didn't :lol: I scored a 151 my first time but that was with me answering all of them 'confidently' and having more prep.
I took the LSAT for the first time a week ago (feels like it was a year ago). I did similar to you. My nerves killed me. I want to say you should have cancelled your score but it depends on where you were PTing and what score you were aiming for. If you're confident that the questions you didn't guess on were correct, -17 is going to put you well over 151. It'll put you in the 160s. I cancelled mine.

callaw

New

Post by callaw » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:37 pm

I am so fucking glad I didn't listen to you guys and cancel it - 155! and I barely got any right that I guessed on so I just did that solid on the ones I did cover. Never knew that I had that in me. Adderrall turned out to work in my favor, who knew

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 pm

callaw wrote:I am so fucking glad I didn't listen to you guys and cancel it - 155! and I barely got any right that I guessed on so I just did that solid on the ones I did cover. Never knew that I had that in me. Adderrall turned out to work in my favor, who knew
So you managed about 65 correct out of 83 questions answered (assuming all 17 guesses were wrong). You're still getting more than one in five of the questions you answer wrong. So, you could improve speed keeping the same accuracy and you could get up to the very low 160s with about 80 questions correct.

I'd strongly recommend you work more on the test to improve accuracy, then work to improve your speed from there. Follow any of the study guides on here and sign up for another test when you've nailed both accuracy and speed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”