LSAT + No Sleep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kiklavan

Bronze

LSAT + No Sleep

Post by kiklavan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Last edited by kiklavan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Re: LSAT + No Sleep

Post by Hikikomorist » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:26 pm

I had a friend who wasn't able to sleep before the test, and I took a PT on no sleep. For both us, the lack of sleep seemed to knock off 3-5 points from our scores.

Jjbb938483

New

Post by Jjbb938483 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:58 pm

I took a couple of PTs with very little sleep and saw a 3-6 point decline from my average.

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Couldn't sleep before my first test. Scored 6 points higher on my second. Also, there was more studying in between the two so I take it with a grain of salt.

rem1984

New

Post by rem1984 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm

I could barely sleep at all the night before my LSAT; I think probably less than 2 hours total, all of it fitful. I've usually been very calm before tests like this but for whatever reason I was wigging out.

I took the test and actually thought I did really well; I remember fist pumping in the car on the way home. When the score came out it was good (167) but I was pretty disappointed because I had been averaging a 171 in practice. I'm not sure if the lack of sleep was the cause or not. I'm not in the "have to go to law school right now" camp so I may retake and re-apply next cycle, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised by my cycle.

TLDR: I did a worse than expected, but not a disaster.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:06 am

took the LSAT three times and barely slept all three times. If I could do it over again, I would have tried taking NyQuil before my first attempt early in the evening.

omar.comin

New

Post by omar.comin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 am

Scored in the low 170s consistently PT’d at the high 170s. Could have been worse, could have been better. Don’t think I slept at all and felt very tired throughout the exam.

On the flip side, I couldn’t sleep before the second half of the CA bar because I was sure I had completely bombed a section or two of the first half, but I felt entirely awake through the entire last half— and that’s a much longer exam.

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:23 am

kiklavan wrote:In my last post I talked about how I slept for only about an hour the night before test day and was confused about whether I should cancel my score or not. I took TLS advice and didn’t cancel.

Does anyone who was in a similar position the night before their test in regards to minimal sleep have any stories regarding how their score reflected their post-test feelings about how it went? Did you score below your average, at your average, higher than?

There are a lot of posts about post-test feelings in general but I’m particularly curious about those of you who couldn’t sleep. Thanks!
in my last lsat, i got the worst possible sleep i'd had before taking any lsat even including the PTs. i reached the hotel late at night, then spent some time finding food to take out from nearby and did a few qs from previous PTs that i had planned. by the time i went to bed it was midnight but couldn't sleep until early in the morning. all in all slept for may be 2 hours to wake around 6 for the morning test and i am one of those who needs at least 8-9 hours every night to function normal.

interestingly on the test first two sections were scored LRs, i went fastest i have ever gone on LR sections confidently, went -0 in both and got a score i was ok with even tho before the test i wanted better. i think that lack of sleep did cost me at the end in -4 in last game of last section LG, a section that's usually -0 for me. so i think lack of sleep may be indicative of a very agile mind in an aggressive mode for the test but may cost in terms of stamina.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:48 pm

appind wrote:
kiklavan wrote:In my last post I talked about how I slept for only about an hour the night before test day and was confused about whether I should cancel my score or not. I took TLS advice and didn’t cancel.

Does anyone who was in a similar position the night before their test in regards to minimal sleep have any stories regarding how their score reflected their post-test feelings about how it went? Did you score below your average, at your average, higher than?

There are a lot of posts about post-test feelings in general but I’m particularly curious about those of you who couldn’t sleep. Thanks!
in my last lsat, i got the worst possible sleep i'd had before taking any lsat even including the PTs. i reached the hotel late at night, then spent some time finding food to take out from nearby and did a few qs from previous PTs that i had planned. by the time i went to bed it was midnight but couldn't sleep until early in the morning. all in all slept for may be 2 hours to wake around 6 for the morning test and i am one of those who needs at least 8-9 hours every night to function normal.

interestingly on the test first two sections were scored LRs, i went fastest i have ever gone on LR sections confidently, went -0 in both and got a score i was ok with even tho before the test i wanted better. i think that lack of sleep did cost me at the end in -4 in last game of last section LG, a section that's usually -0 for me. so i think lack of sleep may be indicative of a very agile mind in an aggressive mode for the test but may cost in terms of stamina.
This gives me hope. How did you score when compared with your average?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”