The Official June 2018 Study Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Deardevil

Bronze

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Post by Deardevil » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:44 pm

NotLawDog wrote:Thoughts on game 3 of December 2001? I just did it today and it wrecked me
Not too bad.
Vertical setup is key,
though horizontal is fine, too, I guess.
Lots of rules, so one would have to organize things well.
Doing this the first time, I spent too long on one question because I forgot a rule.
Overall a moderately tough game, but is balanced out by three much simpler games.

NotLawDog

New

Post by NotLawDog » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Deardevil wrote:
NotLawDog wrote:Thoughts on game 3 of December 2001? I just did it today and it wrecked me
Not too bad.
Vertical setup is key,
though horizontal is fine, too, I guess.
Lots of rules, so one would have to organize things well.
Doing this the first time, I spent too long on one question because I forgot a rule.
Overall a moderately tough game, but is balanced out by three much simpler games.
Well put. Putting it third in a fifth section LG made it just brutal for me and I made probably the largest mistake I've made on any game. Whats your least favorite game as of late?

J Eazy

New

Post by J Eazy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Just took my third practice test, PT 64, and got back to around my diagnostic after a pretty drastic decline for my previous test. My top priority is improving on LG, followed by becoming more consistent on LR. Right now, I'm using LSAT Trainer and 7Sage videos for LG—do you guys think these resources, combined with adequate drilling, is a good approach to consistently getting -0 or -1 on LG by June?

marryJLP92

New

Post by marryJLP92 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:28 am

50 PT's a good amount for being prepared? Bar the obvious "one is ready when one is ready", does 50 sound like a good, general, amount prior to testing date?

preamble

Bronze

Post by preamble » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:57 am

marryJLP92 wrote:50 PT's a good amount for being prepared? Bar the obvious "one is ready when one is ready", does 50 sound like a good, general, amount prior to testing date?
That definitely sounds like plenty -- try to arrange it so that you take the most recent PTs towards the end of your prep/close to your test date.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whelmed

New

Post by whelmed » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 am

preamble wrote:
marryJLP92 wrote:50 PT's a good amount for being prepared? Bar the obvious "one is ready when one is ready", does 50 sound like a good, general, amount prior to testing date?
That definitely sounds like plenty -- try to arrange it so that you take the most recent PTs towards the end of your prep/close to your test date.
Hey I was going to ask the thread about this... I read online and it was re-iterated by the guys from "thinking LSAT" podcast but, should we disregard the first 13 or so PT's because they are now so outdated they aren't a good use of time?
I was originally planning on taking every PT at LEAST once (as in, going through the problems at least once, timed or untimed), and re-doing the more recent ones multiple times, but apparently LSAC won't even sell the first 13 tests anymore because they don't think they are representative of the test now.

Thoughts? <3

vwhorley

New

Post by vwhorley » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 am

whelmed wrote:
preamble wrote:
Hey I was going to ask the thread about this... I read online and it was re-iterated by the guys from "thinking LSAT" podcast but, should we disregard the first 13 or so PT's because they are now so outdated they aren't a good use of time?
I was originally planning on taking every PT at LEAST once (as in, going through the problems at least once, timed or untimed), and re-doing the more recent ones multiple times, but apparently LSAC won't even sell the first 13 tests anymore because they don't think they are representative of the test now.

Thoughts? <3
I have the most recent books of LSAT exams the is published by LSAC and I think it's only $25. It includes 72-81 which starts in June 2014 and ends in June 2017. I think it's probably worth to get at least 2 books so you have 20 practice exams. I'm using it as a study aid before I start a prep course with Ben from Thinking LSAT in March
Last edited by vwhorley on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

whelmed

New

Post by whelmed » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 am

vwhorley wrote:
whelmed wrote:
preamble wrote:

Thoughts? <3
I have the most recent books of LSAT exams the is published by LSAC and I think it's only $25. It includes 72-81 which starts in June 2014 and ends in June 2017. I think it's probably worth to get at least 2 books so you have 50 practice exams. I'm using it as a study aid before I start a prep course with Ben from Thinking LSAT in March
I already own every test that has been published but I was wondering if it was even worth spending any time on the earlier tests. I'm not worried about what to buy because I already have them.

ThaBlackLord

New

Post by ThaBlackLord » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:24 pm

whelmed wrote:
vwhorley wrote:
whelmed wrote:
preamble wrote:

Thoughts? <3
I have the most recent books of LSAT exams the is published by LSAC and I think it's only $25. It includes 72-81 which starts in June 2014 and ends in June 2017. I think it's probably worth to get at least 2 books so you have 50 practice exams. I'm using it as a study aid before I start a prep course with Ben from Thinking LSAT in March
I already own every test that has been published but I was wondering if it was even worth spending any time on the earlier tests. I'm not worried about what to buy because I already have them.
It wont hurt you I guess, I plan on doing the same thing actually

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NotLawDog

New

Post by NotLawDog » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 pm

whelmed wrote:
vwhorley wrote:
whelmed wrote:
preamble wrote:

Thoughts? <3
I'm using the first 20 to foolproof with so they have value just to use as proverbial cannon fodder

whelmed

New

Post by whelmed » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:33 pm

NotLawDog wrote:
whelmed wrote:
vwhorley wrote:
whelmed wrote:
preamble wrote:

Thoughts? <3
I'm using the first 20 to foolproof with so they have value just to use as proverbial cannon fodder
What is "fool proofing"? sorry for my ignorance

NotLawDog

New

Post by NotLawDog » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 pm

whelmed wrote:
NotLawDog wrote:
whelmed wrote:
vwhorley wrote:
whelmed wrote:
preamble wrote:

Thoughts? <3
What is "fool proofing"? sorry for my ignorance
https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect- ... gic-games/ Pretty popular around here!

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:46 am

I’m sorry for not replying to all of you who’ve replied to a particular comment of mine here. I’ve been so damn busy.

I’ve been going through the LR portion of 7Sage and I’ve found it to be great; it also shows the strength of the Manhattan LR text since I understood 99% of what J.Y. was saying without any confusion. Also, his Psuedo Sufficient lessons are A+.

I’ll start re-drilling LG tomorrow. I took a week-long break from them.

I’ll be spending a month drilling LR and then another month on RC and then beginning full PTs in April. That should be good?

I’m really scared since I’ve been falling behind. Working full-time AND interning is a pain in the ass and it is so stressful. I feel like I’m going crazy. Help.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Chaimthegreat

New

Post by Chaimthegreat » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:19 am

whelmed wrote:
vwhorley wrote:
whelmed wrote:
preamble wrote:

Thoughts? <3
I would use them for drilling and expiremental sections. You need some material to practice on and the early pt’s allow you to drill fundamentals.

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:38 am

Because of my schedule, I will only be able to fit in about 16 timed PTs. Do you think that will be enough? I’m scared it won’t, and I’d really prefer not to push up my test date to September because of my 3.1 GPA. Knowing my luck, my anxiety will make me greatly underperform in September, causing me to most likely wait until next cycle to apply. I hate this stupid test.

vwhorley

New

Post by vwhorley » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:42 am

olympia wrote:Because of my schedule, I will only be able to fit in about 16 timed PTs. Do you think that will be enough? I’m scared it won’t, and I’d really prefer not to push up my test date to September because of my 3.1 GPA. Knowing my luck, my anxiety will make me greatly underperform in September, causing me to most likely wait until next cycle to apply. I hate this stupid test.
I think that's plenty if you see a continual uptick in your score. I haven't take a PT yet because I've been getting the basics of the sections down. I think as long as you're comfortable with the test you'll be OK and it's nice to have the option to take again in September if you really aren't happy with how you score

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:40 pm

olympia wrote:Because of my schedule, I will only be able to fit in about 16 timed PTs. Do you think that will be enough? I’m scared it won’t, and I’d really prefer not to push up my test date to September because of my 3.1 GPA. Knowing my luck, my anxiety will make me greatly underperform in September, causing me to most likely wait until next cycle to apply. I hate this stupid test.
Yes, I think that will be plenty so long as you review properly in-between. In my opinion, diagnostics are basically useless beyond practicing your stamina and learning where your weaknesses are so you can hammer out those issues. For all intents and purposes, I've found you can basically get most of that from doing timed sections w/ review. And I think the 15 full PTs will be more than enough.

I also work full time and doing full PTs is quite hard to schedule in, so I feel your pain.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:46 pm

ThaBlackLord wrote:
whelmed wrote:
vwhorley wrote:
whelmed wrote:
preamble wrote:

Thoughts? <3
It wont hurt you I guess, I plan on doing the same thing actually
I've been prepping for a while. I started and prepped for a couple months in 2016 and due to starting a fulltime job and moving, stopped prepping for about a year before I started up seriously again. During that year off I had a lot of time to think about how I would redo my prep if I could restart from the beginning. I honestly think that I would only use PTs 29 and up. I think people make too much of "saving" tests… it's far more important that you have enough time to expose yourself to all of the most recent tests than it is that you preserve recent tests to use for diagnostic purposes. Ultimately, diagnostics are basically pointless. Just my opinion. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ThaBlackLord

New

Post by ThaBlackLord » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Jay Thomas, Executive Director of Pre-Law/LSAT Programs at Kaplan Test Prep just tweeted that LSAC added a July 23 test date this year in North America only.

saraduboi1995

New

Post by saraduboi1995 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:49 pm

ThaBlackLord wrote:Jay Thomas, Executive Director of Pre-Law/LSAT Programs at Kaplan Test Prep just tweeted that LSAC added a July 23 test date this year in North America only.
PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:48 am

saraduboi1995 wrote:
ThaBlackLord wrote:Jay Thomas, Executive Director of Pre-Law/LSAT Programs at Kaplan Test Prep just tweeted that LSAC added a July 23 test date this year in North America only.
PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ThaBlackLord

New

Post by ThaBlackLord » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:59 am

olympia wrote:
saraduboi1995 wrote:
PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE
It is true Spivey just confirmed it. We'll be able to register for the July 23rd LSAT anytime soon. I think we should all try to be ready for the June LSAT just so we don't procrastinate.

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:56 am

ThaBlackLord wrote:
olympia wrote:
saraduboi1995 wrote:
PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE
It is true Spivey just confirmed it. We'll be able to register for the July 23rd LSAT anytime soon. I think we should all try to be ready for the June LSAT just so we don't procrastinate.
Yesssssssss! And I agree!

nick832

New

Post by nick832 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 pm

I took an official LSAT back in October 2012. I thought that LSAC deleted scores after 5 years, but I guess they do not since I was able to find it this morning.

RC: -14
LR: -9
LR: -4
LG: -7
Score: 155

When I would practice, RC was by far my highest strength, scoring only -5 on regular basis. How did this happen? And more importantly, how should I prepare moving forward? My biggest fear is LG; maybe I simply got lucky that day on that section. I usually missed way more than 7. Any thoughts?

Alyssa92

New

Post by Alyssa92 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:01 am

We are going to be doing a group review of PT 43 tomorrow night at 8PM Eastern if anyone would like to join! :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1771366012894926/

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”