The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
User avatar
olympia

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby olympia » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Gator19 wrote:
olympia wrote:Still working on LG. I’ve been so busy with work and interning that I haven’t been able to study as much. I will be starting LR drilling next week, and I think I’ll be purchasing a 7Sage course for that and RC, which I want to start drilling soon as well.

I’m hoping to spend about two months drilling LR and RC and then spend the remaining months just PTing.

I’m a little bit behind schedule. I wish I had the option to quit work and just study for this test full-time. Sigh.


Checking in! I'm on the same boat, I literally work 45 hours a week, plus taking 17 credits (UF-Online). I have purchased the lsat trainer and should be making a final decision on 7sage by next week, hopefully these two things will be enough. I graduate next Spring so I could at least have multiple attempts at the lsat before admission.

Good luck! I hope both of us do well despite our busy schedules (our work schedules will give our applications a little bit more shine, thankfully). The Trainer is great! I recommend that you look into the Manhattan LR text for LR prep. It’s the best explanatory text for the LR section.

User avatar
olympia

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby olympia » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Printed out five copies of each game from PTs 1-20. I know the recommendation for fool-proofing the games is to do them ten times each, but I just don’t have that kind of time. I’ll be going through the stack starting tomorrow and into the weekend. I’ll be doing each game timed, and setting aside any games that continue giving me issues so that I can concentrate on them in-depth.

I can’t believe how difficult I found some of the games initially and now, I can do most of them in my sleep. Progress. I can’t wait to move on to LR drilling next week (while also drilling games from PTs 21-40).

James McGee

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby James McGee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:21 pm

I think I'm about to embark on this journey, too. Good luck, everyone!

User avatar
Chaimthegreat

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Chaimthegreat » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:23 pm

NotLawDog wrote:Also I'm not sure if this is some form of forum treason but Tuesday a group of June18ers are going over PT44 via GoTomeeting. Here's the event
https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussi ... -30-pm-est


Let's do some LSAT!

vwhorley

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby vwhorley » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the Princeton Review Cracking the LSAT book? I've been using that for my own self study and it makes sense but I haven't gotten any practice tests done yet.

User avatar
abernardi16

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby abernardi16 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:35 pm

olympia wrote:Still working on LG. I’ve been so busy with work and interning that I haven’t been able to study as much. I will be starting LR drilling next week, and I think I’ll be purchasing a 7Sage course for that and RC, which I want to start drilling soon as well.

I’m hoping to spend about two months drilling LR and RC and then spend the remaining months just PTing.

I’m a little bit behind schedule. I wish I had the option to quit work and just study for this test full-time. Sigh.



As someone who is also working full time and a little behind their study schedule, I totally know the feeling!

Alyssa92

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 am

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Alyssa92 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Would anyone be interested in a daily check in group on Facebook?

User avatar
NotLawDog

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby NotLawDog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Alyssa92 wrote:Would anyone be interested in a daily check in group on Facebook?


Explain a bit further?

sallesvc

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby sallesvc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 pm

I was thinking the same thing! We should create a June 2018 LSAT group on facebook or group me. To keep us motivated and so we can help each other if needed!

Alyssa92

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 am

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Alyssa92 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:23 pm

sallesvc wrote:I was thinking the same thing! We should create a June 2018 LSAT group on facebook or group me. To keep us motivated and so we can help each other if needed!



There were quite a few interested last night in the Facebook group I’m in so I created one. We have 28 members so far if anyone is interested in joining.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1771366012894926

Alyssa92

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 am

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Alyssa92 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:25 pm

NotLawDog wrote:
Alyssa92 wrote:Would anyone be interested in a daily check in group on Facebook?


Explain a bit further?


I created one last night because there was quite an interest in a group I was on on Facebook. It is so we can stay motivated and I will have a daily goals post to help us stay accountable or get advice. Here is the group if you’re interested in taking a look.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1771366012894926

Morpheus

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Morpheus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:50 pm

What do you guys think about MS9 saying the LSAT might be getting phased out or at least devalued?

User avatar
Chaimthegreat

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Chaimthegreat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:45 am

Morpheus wrote:What do you guys think about MS9 saying the LSAT might be getting phased out or at least devalued?


My non-expert guess is that it will be a very relevant test for the next cycle (and probably the next 5).

User avatar
ThaBlackLord

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby ThaBlackLord » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:03 am

Chaimthegreat wrote:
Morpheus wrote:What do you guys think about MS9 saying the LSAT might be getting phased out or at least devalued?


My non-expert guess is that it will be a very relevant test for the next cycle (and probably the next 5).


T.R.U.
We should remain focused and motivated because nothing is going to change anytime soon!

User avatar
ms9

Gold
Posts: 2999
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby ms9 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 am

Morpheus wrote:What do you guys think about MS9 saying the LSAT might be getting phased out or at least devalued?


I never said phased out.

User avatar
olympia

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby olympia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:28 am

ThaBlackLord wrote:
Chaimthegreat wrote:
Morpheus wrote:What do you guys think about MS9 saying the LSAT might be getting phased out or at least devalued?


My non-expert guess is that it will be a very relevant test for the next cycle (and probably the next 5).


T.R.U.
We should remain focused and motivated because nothing is going to change anytime soon!

^ Yes!

That was such an odd, incorrect question to ask. If he or she is thinking the GRE is going to overshadow the LSAT, that’s an error in logic. The GRE option is meant to attract hard science majors; the LSAT, everyone else. I can’t see the LSAT getting “phased out” or “devalued” any time soon.

User avatar
olympia

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby olympia » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Wow, I really, *really* hate Game 2 from June 1996.

User avatar
Chaimthegreat

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Chaimthegreat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm

olympia wrote:Wow, I really, *really* hate Game 2 from June 1996.


I'll try it over the weekend...

Smicikl2

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Smicikl2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm

olympia wrote:Wow, I really, *really* hate Game 2 from June 1996.


Checking in thanks to olympia!

Smicikl2

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Smicikl2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Smicikl2 wrote:
olympia wrote:Wow, I really, *really* hate Game 2 from June 1996.


Checking in thanks to olympia!


Anyone in Chicago wants to get together and study after work hours, let me know. Trying to talk through questions together because it seems like explaining is the best method to learn yourself

User avatar
olympia

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby olympia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:58 pm

^ Welcome!

After only doing LG for almost three months now, I’m completely exhausted of LG. I’m going to take a week-long break from it before re-drilling every game from PTs 1-20. I’m going to start LR drilling. I’ve decided to purchase the 7Sage course.

Alyssa92

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 am

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby Alyssa92 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:55 pm

We are going to be doing a live group review each week of a PT in the group I mentioned before. After ten weeks we will probably up it to 2 PTs live group reviews a week. I know I searched and searched for a group like we have going so I just want to share the opportunity with all of you as well. Here is the group link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1771366012894926

peege

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby peege » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Officially starting studying again tonight, back to having no free time and no social life.

J Eazy

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:25 am

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby J Eazy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Just scored 5 points below my diagnostic and 7 points below my last PT on PT 63 :( This is my first PT since beginning LSAT Trainer, and the section I did worst on relative to my previous performance is LR, which is also the only section that I've begun working on in the LSAT Trainer...

I had already been skeptical of using outside resources beyond practice tests and review, so this is discouraging. Is it causation or just correlation? I don't know, but either way, I'm not happy. Oh well, I'll be taking 4 more sections this week and then another full PT next weekend, so hopefully I'll bounce back sooner rather than later.

I think the big issue today for LR was I felt a little more rushed than usual, and thus sometimes selected an answer before fully eliminating all others. And time remains an issue for LG, as I continue to struggle completing more than 3 games. This time around I actually mis-diagrammed a rule in game 1 and then mis-read a rule in game 4, which burned a lot of time before I realized my mistakes. I've also been using 7Sage's proctor app, and this timed turned distractions and background on to 3/10, whereas before I had them on 0/10. Maybe that had an effect, although during the actual test-taking I wasn't bothered by it.

peege

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Postby peege » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:01 pm

J Eazy wrote:Just scored 5 points below my diagnostic and 7 points below my last PT on PT 63 :( This is my first PT since beginning LSAT Trainer, and the section I did worst on relative to my previous performance is LR, which is also the only section that I've begun working on in the LSAT Trainer...

I had already been skeptical of using outside resources beyond practice tests and review, so this is discouraging. Is it causation or just correlation? I don't know, but either way, I'm not happy. Oh well, I'll be taking 4 more sections this week and then another full PT next weekend, so hopefully I'll bounce back sooner rather than later.

I think the big issue today for LR was I felt a little more rushed than usual, and thus sometimes selected an answer before fully eliminating all others. And time remains an issue for LG, as I continue to struggle completing more than 3 games. This time around I actually mis-diagrammed a rule in game 1 and then mis-read a rule in game 4, which burned a lot of time before I realized my mistakes. I've also been using 7Sage's proctor app, and this timed turned distractions and background on to 3/10, whereas before I had them on 0/10. Maybe that had an effect, although during the actual test-taking I wasn't bothered by it.

Yeah, I think it’s pretty normal to dip from your diagnostic when you start, because without any prep you’re just going off instinct. But when you start using prep materials you’re basically learning the method, which inherently takes more thought and therefore more time. But once you get it down, it’s much more reliable than instinct. I’d suggest to focus on your prep materials and drilling, and save your PTs until March/April. I think you’ll find that building a strong foundation and then fine-tuning those fundamentals will pay off.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests