The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How did you do??

177-180
7
8%
173-176
11
13%
170-172
5
6%
167-169
18
21%
164-166
14
17%
160-163
10
12%
155-159
10
12%
Below 155
9
11%
 
Total votes: 84

User avatar
MercW07

Bronze
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby MercW07 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:34 pm

HAHAHA holy shit Im freaking out!! Im in London right now so because Im 6 hours ahead of many of you, I may not get my score till like 2am. Then I have a flight out the next morning that I have to catch. I can't believe this is actually happening lol

KylawRen

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby KylawRen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:37 pm

I was listening to the thinking lsat podcast the other day, and if I’m not mistaken they mentioned they would be going over the dec 2017 lsat Live this weekend. I thought it was weird. Those guys must have knew in advance that this would happen.

User avatar
JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:50 pm

I forgot to eat lunch because of all the excitement! LSAC is trying to murder me
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ms9

Gold
Posts: 2999
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby ms9 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:53 pm

KylawRen wrote:I hope my score won’t bore me.


Ha. I LOL'd.

User avatar
Tavorak

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Tavorak » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:53 pm

I'm debating not looking at my score until after the holidays

blue2016

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby blue2016 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Does LSAC always process scores without releasing them the day before test-takers see them? If not, are we likely to go grey earlier in the day/wake up to our scores?

User avatar
AvatarRoku

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:38 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby AvatarRoku » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:59 pm

When should we start expecting fee waivers after our score is released? As in would most law school admissions be closed because of winter break? For instance, Duke told it's priority track invites that if they applied after December 11th (or some day near that) they wouldn't get a response until after New Years. So I'm just wondering if we can still get fee waivers over break, or a Duke PT invite.

HueyPWrong

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HueyPWrong » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Say what?! Is this real? I didn't see any emails.

User avatar
personpitch

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby personpitch » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:17 pm

HueyPWrong wrote:Say what?! Is this real? I didn't see any emails.




I don't think LSAC has sent any emails about this, but their twitter account posted the info.

HueyPWrong

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HueyPWrong » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Ahh im not on twitter. damn thats wild. Idk now im really anxious all of a sudden

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby etramak » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:27 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MercW07

Bronze
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby MercW07 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Anyone know the last time Dec scores were released before Christmas?

User avatar
sabraph

Bronze
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby sabraph » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:15 pm

MercW07 wrote:Anyone know the last time Dec scores were released before Christmas?


2007 I think

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby etramak » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:19 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oneanddone?

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Oneanddone? » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:00 pm

etramak wrote:I'm guessing this has something to do with the increased applications? I'm sure test takers are always pushing LSAC to release as early as possible, but now they kind of have a good reason to.

Also I have a JS1 scheduled for the original score release date. For selfish reason I'll say this early release is probably for the best :lol:


Increased competition with the GRE is probably even more likely. Apps are up, but they're still nothing like they were before the bubble burst.

I keep checking back here secretly wishing that someone can report they've gone grey. I know the chance is essentially nonexistent, but I'm wishing that someone at LSAC felt guilty enough to rush the release and send scores out tonight.

jbixler

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby jbixler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Just got a fee waiver email from UC Davis, anyone else? Good sign? Or just coincidence?

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby etramak » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Oneanddone? wrote:
etramak wrote:I'm guessing this has something to do with the increased applications? I'm sure test takers are always pushing LSAC to release as early as possible, but now they kind of have a good reason to.

Also I have a JS1 scheduled for the original score release date. For selfish reason I'll say this early release is probably for the best :lol:


Increased competition with the GRE is probably even more likely. Apps are up, but they're still nothing like they were before the bubble burst.

I keep checking back here secretly wishing that someone can report they've gone grey. I know the chance is essentially nonexistent, but I'm wishing that someone at LSAC felt guilty enough to rush the release and send scores out tonight.


I'm at least hoping for a morning release but that's also unprecedented as far as I'm aware

Ohnoooooo

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Ohnoooooo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 pm

jbixler wrote:Just got a fee waiver email from UC Davis, anyone else? Good sign? Or just coincidence?


UC Davis application is waived for all this year. Soooooo ???????
https://law.ucdavis.edu/jd/how-to-apply.html

User avatar
Tavorak

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Tavorak » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Oneanddone? wrote:
etramak wrote:I'm guessing this has something to do with the increased applications? I'm sure test takers are always pushing LSAC to release as early as possible, but now they kind of have a good reason to.

Also I have a JS1 scheduled for the original score release date. For selfish reason I'll say this early release is probably for the best :lol:


Increased competition with the GRE is probably even more likely. Apps are up, but they're still nothing like they were before the bubble burst.

I keep checking back here secretly wishing that someone can report they've gone grey. I know the chance is essentially nonexistent, but I'm wishing that someone at LSAC felt guilty enough to rush the release and send scores out tonight.

Were the T14 class sizes markedly larger before?

User avatar
MercW07

Bronze
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby MercW07 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:37 pm

jbixler wrote:Just got a fee waiver email from UC Davis, anyone else? Good sign? Or just coincidence?


Read the email again. Its not a fee waiver, its just an email letting you know there is no fee.

User avatar
Oneanddone?

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Oneanddone? » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Tavorak wrote:
Oneanddone? wrote:
etramak wrote:I'm guessing this has something to do with the increased applications? I'm sure test takers are always pushing LSAC to release as early as possible, but now they kind of have a good reason to.

Also I have a JS1 scheduled for the original score release date. For selfish reason I'll say this early release is probably for the best :lol:


Increased competition with the GRE is probably even more likely. Apps are up, but they're still nothing like they were before the bubble burst.

I keep checking back here secretly wishing that someone can report they've gone grey. I know the chance is essentially nonexistent, but I'm wishing that someone at LSAC felt guilty enough to rush the release and send scores out tonight.

Were the T14 class sizes markedly larger before?


It depends on the school (I.e. Harvard - stable vs UT - bit of a drop). The change for T14 is more a matter of applications and - in parallel - competition for those limited spots.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:45 pm

blue2016 wrote:Does LSAC always process scores without releasing them the day before test-takers see them? If not, are we likely to go grey earlier in the day/wake up to our scores?


I was thinking the same thing. Could potentially be earlier in the day, which would be super nice

HueyPWrong

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HueyPWrong » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:21 pm

When you say grey. You mean on the lsac account where it has your lsat status? Last time i saw the email first and went straight in to check.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:24 pm

HueyPWrong wrote:When you say grey. You mean on the lsac account where it has your lsat status? Last time i saw the email first and went straight in to check.


Yes. Some ppl get the email first before it updates their status. but regardless grey happens as soon as LSAC begins sending out the scores in waves. So you can see its grey and not get your score yet. There is a green arrow if you check rn where it says your test administration and as soon as scores begin to be sent out it turns grey. You may see your score pop up on your page before the email and vice versa.

HueyPWrong

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HueyPWrong » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Ahh gotcha. Thank you



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests