The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

How do you feel about getting your score?

GIVE ME MY DAMN SCORE!
7
12%
No seriously.. GIVE ME MY FUCKING SCORE!!
12
20%
KEEP MY SCORE, I don't want to be disappointed
4
7%
I want my score but I'm not tripping about it. The wait is what it is
3
5%
I don't care at all at this point
4
7%
All of the above. I don't know how to feel and I think I'm losing my mind
15
25%
gucci gang v2
15
25%
 
Total votes: 60

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schrutebeetsllc
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby schrutebeetsllc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 pm

littlewing67 wrote:I had a bad dream I scored in the mid 150s. Should I cancel? I think I messed up LG pretty bad? If I get w score lower than 164 will that look bad/make me look bad If i wanted to transfer to like T6?

I’m thinking
RC -3/4
LR -7????
LG -10000000

Honestly I can’t gauge it. I’m just scared I did worst. UGH.


I wouldn't cancel because of a dream or potential law school transfers...but if you think you did a lot worse (like more so than just overthinking) than your target then consider it. But nowadays with most schools NOT averaging scores I don't see the point unless you royally bombed.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:29 pm

was away for a bit so wasn't active in this, but now I am 8)

will make a new poll in a min when I think of what to put

littlewing67 wrote:

nah, I'm sure you did fine. even if you didn't, your highest matters most! :)

MercW07 wrote:Anyone grey yet?

I wish

Rupert Pupkin wrote:I reallyyyyyy need to get seriously working on my PS and other essays.. been procrastinating the last few days

you already know I'll help, just DM me on FB 8)

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Mikey wrote:was away for a bit so wasn't active in this, but now I am 8)

will make a new poll in a min when I think of what to put

littlewing67 wrote:

nah, I'm sure you did fine. even if you didn't, your highest matters most! :)

MercW07 wrote:Anyone grey yet?

I wish

Rupert Pupkin wrote:I reallyyyyyy need to get seriously working on my PS and other essays.. been procrastinating the last few days

you already know I'll help, just DM me on FB 8)


Thanks bro, I will! Appreciate it

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:55 pm

schrutebeetsllc wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:I had a bad dream I scored in the mid 150s. Should I cancel? I think I messed up LG pretty bad? If I get w score lower than 164 will that look bad/make me look bad If i wanted to transfer to like T6?

I’m thinking
RC -3/4
LR -7????
LG -10000000

Honestly I can’t gauge it. I’m just scared I did worst. UGH.


I wouldn't cancel because of a dream or potential law school transfers...but if you think you did a lot worse (like more so than just overthinking) than your target then consider it. But nowadays with most schools NOT averaging scores I don't see the point unless you royally bombed.


I wouldnt cancel... It happens. anybody can be off their game one day and it sucks. Plus in your situation you scored the same twice before so if its worse it looks like you clearly had a bad day and werent thinking straight. You cant get "lucky" twice with a fluke and score the same TWICE. They get that. Even if you are applying to schools that say they avergae scores (like i am) dont stress about it. They still only report the highest at the end of the day and thats what the stats are based on. I wouldnt stress it. It seems like for you at this point, there is NO downside. All upside. You either are stuck with your current score which is still a good score, or you beat it! No sense in stressing.
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 pm

NEW POLL

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Mikey wrote:NEW POLL


damnit 3 of the poll answers pertain to me, but its ok. I put the two most relevant! #guccigang
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 pm

littlewing67 wrote::cry:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
schrutebeetsllc wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:I had a bad dream I scored in the mid 150s. Should I cancel? I think I messed up LG pretty bad? If I get w score lower than 164 will that look bad/make me look bad If i wanted to transfer to like T6?

I’m thinking
RC -3/4
LR -7????
LG -10000000

Honestly I can’t gauge it. I’m just scared I did worst. UGH.


I wouldn't cancel because of a dream or potential law school transfers...but if you think you did a lot worse (like more so than just overthinking) than your target then consider it. But nowadays with most schools NOT averaging scores I don't see the point unless you royally bombed.


I wouldnt cancel... It happens. anybody can be off their game one day and it sucks. Plus in your situation you scored the same twice before so if its worse it looks like you clearly had a bad day and werent thinking straight. You cant get "lucky" twice with a fluke and score the same. They get that. Even if you are applying to schools that say they avergae scores (like i am) dont stress about it. They still only report the highest at the end of the day and thats what the stats are based on. I wouldnt stress it. It seems like for you at this point, there is NO downside. All upside. You either are stuck with your current score which is still a good score, or you beat it! No sense in stressing.


My life is one big stress.

Also first day at my new job. Why is real estate law so boring?


Haha i feel that. I get super stressed too but sometimes you just gotta say fuk it and chill out. Everything works out in the end. And damn already its boring?! lol

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:NEW POLL


damnit 3 of the poll answers pertain to me, but its ok. I put the two most relevant!

THERE. I changed it!

Adam68601
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 1:57 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Any consensus on what people think the curve may be?

User avatar
MercW07
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby MercW07 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:NEW POLL


damnit 3 of the poll answers pertain to me, but its ok. I put the two most relevant! #guccigang


#TeamGucciGang

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Adam68601 wrote:Any consensus on what people think the curve may be?

I'm feeling a -12

JamesBlahDeBlah
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm

Mikey wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:Any consensus on what people think the curve may be?

I'm feeling a -12


Also feeling -12, but prepping for -10

beancounter15
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby beancounter15 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm

If I wasn't freaking out before I sure as hell am now after the new spivey information was released.

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:24 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:25 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
beancounter15 wrote:If I wasn't freaking out before I sure as hell am now after the new spivey information was released.


What new info? Don’t leave us hanging

applicants are up. fuck.

viewtopic.php?f=2&p=10237557#p10237557


User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:28 pm

MercW07 wrote:Anyone grey yet?


Just some of my hair, yay turning 35!

User avatar
Zero Hedge
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:20 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Zero Hedge » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
beancounter15 wrote:If I wasn't freaking out before I sure as hell am now after the new spivey information was released.


What new info? Don’t leave us hanging

applicants are up. fuck.

viewtopic.php?f=2&p=10237557#p10237557


Waaaayyyyy up.

Adam68601
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 1:57 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Zero Hedge wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
beancounter15 wrote:If I wasn't freaking out before I sure as hell am now after the new spivey information was released.


What new info? Don’t leave us hanging

applicants are up. fuck.

viewtopic.php?f=2&p=10237557#p10237557


Waaaayyyyy up.


I know this means this will be more competitive but what types of applicants will be hit hardest by this increase?

User avatar
PhiladelphiaCollins
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:31 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby PhiladelphiaCollins » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 pm

MercW07 wrote:Anyone grey yet?

Yeah! I paid $43.85 for the LSAC premium account. No score yet though :(

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:19 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zero Hedge
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:20 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Zero Hedge » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Adam68601 wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
beancounter15 wrote:If I wasn't freaking out before I sure as hell am now after the new spivey information was released.


What new info? Don’t leave us hanging

applicants are up. fuck.

viewtopic.php?f=2&p=10237557#p10237557


Waaaayyyyy up.


I know this means this will be more competitive but what types of applicants will be hit hardest by this increase?


Hard to speculate without a further breakdown of numbers, but one would have to assume splitters will be the hardest hit (Unfortunately I'm in this camp). I think schools will be more hesitant to reach down farther on GPA knowing that there's an applicant pool with the same LSAT score as the splitter that is much larger than the past couple years. I wouldn't be surprised to see a much higher propensity for schools to WL because of this, basically hedging their bets while more applicants roll in.

It's interesting to see that many of the largest percentage increases came from those scoring in the 90+ percentiles as well. This is a big reversal from what has occurred over the past decade, before now we only had HALF as many people scoring 160+ as we did ten years ago.

While the increases are very large, percentages don't tell the whole picture though. In terms of raw numbers, it means applicants who scored 165+ are up by about 1,100 people right now.

User avatar
sabraph
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby sabraph » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:16 pm

littlewing67 wrote:I had a bad dream I scored in the mid 150s. Should I cancel? I think I messed up LG pretty bad? If I get w score lower than 164 will that look bad/make me look bad If i wanted to transfer to like T6?

I’m thinking
RC -3/4
LR -7????
LG -10000000

Honestly I can’t gauge it. I’m just scared I did worst. UGH.


I feel this a lot, but I think you need to hang in there. You know how to take this test or you wouldn't have got a 164. I know that may be a trash score on here, but I feel like when transferring the grades you get in 1L will be a better indicator than an LSAT score. I feel the same way about LG, but I think you should trust that you know how to take the test. At least that's what's getting me to January.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests