The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

How do you feel about getting your score?

GIVE ME MY DAMN SCORE!
12%
No seriously.. GIVE ME MY FUCKING SCORE!!
20%
KEEP MY SCORE, I don't want to be disappointed
7%
I want my score but I'm not tripping about it. The wait is what it is
5%
I don't care at all at this point
7%
All of the above. I don't know how to feel and I think I'm losing my mind
25%
gucci gang v2
25%

Total votes: 60

peege

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby peege » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:49 pm

How long does it take for LSAC to process transcripts?

strawberryrhubarb

Postby strawberryrhubarb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:Anyone know whether the people after the Sept LSAT all had the same experimental section number for LR? I had three LR's in Sept and theee again for this test. In September, my 2nd LR (but third section) was experimental. Did anyone else have a different experimental LR section number than that, or did all the tests wth 3 LR sections have the 2nd LR as experimental?

I had the same as you but I do believe that others were given a completely different experimental LR. I'm not aware of whether they still had the same order (LR-RC-LR-LR-LG), but I have seen several LR questions mentioned on here/reddit that I didn't see on my experimental LR section.

I know some people had a different LR experimental, but from what I remember I was under the impression that they were all in the third section. Not sure if that's true, though. Also, I do know that they were all LR, LG, LR, LR, RC in their format, although some had 2 26 question sections and some had 2 25 question sections.

You can have the same section order as another person and the experimental can and commonly is still in a different section. If we both have test orders that are: LR LG LR LR RC for example, your experimental can be LR1 and mine can be LR2. Our experimental section can contain the same questions or different ones. Dave Killoran mentioned that there may have been up to 4 different versions of the LR experimental for this December 2017 lsat. Which would be a little bit unusual.

Also, it seems like they were NOT all LR LG LR LR RC or LR RC LR LR LG in their format. Several people with LR experimentals on TLS and other boards have confirmed as much.

restored123

Postby restored123 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm

I had RC LR LG LG LR and I'm pretty sure the second logic games was the experimental just by the questions alone.

darthrevan92

Postby darthrevan92 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Last edited by darthrevan92 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmart207

Postby mmart207 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm

restored123 wrote:I had RC LR LG LG LR and I'm pretty sure the second logic games was the experimental just by the questions alone.

You don't have to assume. The LG section that had a game about cleaning floors of a building was the real one

restored123

Postby restored123 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 pm

mmart207 wrote:
restored123 wrote:I had RC LR LG LG LR and I'm pretty sure the second logic games was the experimental just by the questions alone.

You don't have to assume. The LG section that had a game about cleaning floors of a building was the real one

aka the one I did worse on lol thanks.

strawberryrhubarb

Postby strawberryrhubarb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 pm

Mikey wrote:man I'm so sad that I finished two LRs (1 real, 1 exp) with like 8-10 mins left for each, while my 3rd one (real) I thought was hard af and I didn't finish on time.

ughhhh

Your story is a familiar one for this lsat, Mikey. My experimental was RC but I thought LR was a bit tougher than usual. The one real LR with the hard questions at the start of the section threw me for a loop. I'm guessing that section is going to be the one that brings down a lot of scores this year. Especially because the trend seems to be that a lot of people while taking the test mistakenly thought it was the experimental (when is the last time we've seen THAT many difficult questions towards the start of LR? not one or two, but almost all of them through question 9 or 10)
Last edited by strawberryrhubarb on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strawberryrhubarb

Postby strawberryrhubarb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:39 pm

mmart207 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:Anyone know whether the people after the Sept LSAT all had the same experimental section number for LR? I had three LR's in Sept and theee again for this test. In September, my 2nd LR (but third section) was experimental. Did anyone else have a different experimental LR section number than that, or did all the tests wth 3 LR sections have the 2nd LR as experimental?

I had the same as you but I do believe that others were given a completely different experimental LR. I'm not aware of whether they still had the same order (LR-RC-LR-LR-LG), but I have seen several LR questions mentioned on here/reddit that I didn't see on my experimental LR section.

I know some people had a different LR experimental, but from what I remember I was under the impression that they were all in the third section. Not sure if that's true, though. Also, I do know that they were all LR, LG, LR, LR, RC in their format, although some had 2 26 question sections and some had 2 25 question sections.

I'm really hoping that this is not true. I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG and I'm really hoping that the first section was the LR experimental :(

Do you remember the first question or any questions on your LR1? I can either give you good news or some bad news. Either way, allow me to clear it up for you.

GnarMarBinx

Postby GnarMarBinx » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:45 pm

strawberryrhubarb wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

I'm really hoping that this is not true. I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG and I'm really hoping that the first section was the LR experimental :(

Do you remember the first question or any questions on your LR1? I can either give you good news or some bad news. Either way, allow me to clear it up for you.

Do you know if the question about the pro development mayor was in the same section as the "caught a review" question?

mmart207

Postby mmart207 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:02 pm

strawberryrhubarb wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

At this point, LR1 is a blur. All I remember was that I had to guess on the last few questions because time was called. The flow of that section just wasn't right. The other two were overall not that bad

strawberryrhubarb

Postby strawberryrhubarb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:23 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:
strawberryrhubarb wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

Do you know if the question about the pro development mayor was in the same section as the "caught a review" question?

Yes. I didn't have an experimental LR. The caught a review question was towards the start of the section with the pro development. I believe the mayor question was Q1. And I believe that the caught a review question was either Q2 or on the bottom left of the next page. Most of the early questions in that section were pretty tough.

Postby AvatarMeelo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

peege wrote:How long does it take for LSAC to process transcripts?

Depends on how they get it. I had my main school send it digitally and it took less than 24 hours. My study abroad school sent it via snail mail and it took a week to process four grades.

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:28 pm

LittleCrab wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
MercW07 wrote:So can someone very quickly explain "grey" to me. I have a general understanding of what it means, but the last 2 times Ive taken the LSAT Ive just waited for my score through email.

If you login to your LSAC account and look at your LSAT status page. Next to your 12/2/17 test date there are green arrow symbols. And when scores are being sent out they turn grey. Meaning that you will recieve your email with your score and/or those then newly changed grey arrows turn into your score and percentile etc. Which one happens first depends on the wave your score comes out in. THis passed sept I saw my score on the LSAC website before I got the email by a couple minutes i think.

I received the email but I was not ready to find out my score yet, I clicked on the email thinking I will have to scroll down or log on to LSAC to find out and in the meantime I can just keep calm .....needless to say they tell you your score like on the top 3 lines of the email.... :roll:

haha yeah for some people it shows up on the email preview on their phone or computer, apparently because its such a short message. Idk how people wait to check their score. Im anxious until the minute i can see it and havee to check A$AP

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:29 pm

Depends on how they get it. I had my main school send it digitally and it took less than 24 hours. My study abroad school sent it via snail mail and it took a week to process four grades.

Took like 2 weeks for my UG and Graduate School's transcripts to be received and processed by LSAC.

saffles

Postby saffles » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm

As in how long does it take before it shows up in your LSAC account? I got mine in a few days time after filling out the proper forms from my school.

jjdude14

Postby jjdude14 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Let's get the party in this thread moving! Gotta get our page count up for good luck on our scores.

Update: Today isn't grey day

strawberryrhubarb

Postby strawberryrhubarb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:15 pm

jjdude14 wrote:Let's get the party in this thread moving! Gotta get our page count up for good luck on our scores.

Honestly, up until yesterday I was celebrating because I was real confident that I was/am 168+. But it's about that time... the overthinking/second guessing yourself phase. Has me thinking, man some of those LR Q's were pretty tough in 1 section. I guessed on a few (50% chance as I always am able to narrow answer choices down to 2) but now I'm thinking :shock: :shock: what if I didn't keep my usual -3/-4 LR... Rushed through game 4 for LG but still think I got most of em right. Did I do as good as I think I did on the real RC? the suspense...

lemon_lyman

Postby lemon_lyman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:18 pm

As the days pass, I'm getting more and more paranoid that I did way WAY worse than I thought. Now, I'm straight up afraid that I made all my usual careless mistakes (i.e. misreading questions, misbubbling, missing the "EXCEPT" in the question stem)- except this time, it's all on ONE TEST- and the one that counts too!!!!

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 pm

jjdude14 wrote:Let's get the party in this thread moving! Gotta get our page count up for good luck on our scores.

for real

Postby AvatarMeelo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Hey folks - have any of you guys started doing FinAid related stuff for the schools youre applying to? FAFSA, CSS? Like whats the protocol?

strawberryrhubarb

Postby strawberryrhubarb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:15 pm

lemon_lyman wrote:As the days pass, I'm getting more and more paranoid that I did way WAY worse than I thought. Now, I'm straight up afraid that I made all my usual careless mistakes (i.e. misreading questions, misbubbling, missing the "EXCEPT" in the question stem)- except this time, it's all on ONE TEST- and the one that counts too!!!!

I somehow miss the EXCEPT too. Despite it being ugly and in caps. I thought I would be better at waiting this time around. But nah. My roommates (not interested in law school) have attempted to shame me into not discussing logical reasoning :roll: .

Zero Hedge

Postby Zero Hedge » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:21 pm

mmart207 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

That was my format and I haven’t heard of anyone who had that as well that didn’t have their experimental in the second LR.

jjdude14

Postby jjdude14 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 pm

strawberryrhubarb wrote:

Honestly, up until yesterday I was celebrating because I was real confident that I was/am 168+. But it's about that time... the overthinking/second guessing yourself phase. Has me thinking, man some of those LR Q's were pretty tough in 1 section. I guessed on a few (50% chance as I always am able to narrow answer choices down to 2) but now I'm thinking :shock: :shock: what if I didn't keep my usual -3/-4 LR... Rushed through game 4 for LG but still think I got most of em right. Did I do as good as I think I did on the real RC? the suspense...

ugh I know. For me it comes in waves: a couple days I'm thinking I'm a top shit lsat master, no way I'm scoring anything less than 180, and the next day I think about every question, every bubble, and wonder if it's even possible I cracked 140 lol.

January is only a few days weeks away

King of the North

Postby King of the North » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Hope you guys don’t mind me butting in on your discussion of the Dec. test. Did anyone else find the LR sections of PT40 to be difficult? If not the first section then the second one at least?

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:58 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:Hey folks - have any of you guys started doing FinAid related stuff for the schools youre applying to? FAFSA, CSS? Like whats the protocol?

I did my FAFSA yesterday

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”